Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I just don't understand the £60 stadium gig experience, regardless of the artist.

Being a mile away from U2 / Rolling Stones / The Tweenies / Ed Sheeran whilst some clearing in the woods with glitter paint on their face bounces a huge inflatable earth around the crowd.

Worst concert I ever attended was a free ticket with free transport and free drinks, but I had to sit side on, at the back of the hall 'watching' INXS or a large video screen of them anyway, at the NEC. 

Eeuurrgghhh

I've done a few at Wembley Stadium and have to agree .... you can get into a decent position but its a real fight and then if you want a beer or a toilet break then you can never get back to your spot

we did Quex park in Margate the other year for a lads weekend   .. The Farm , Inspiral carpets , Space , Cast , Echo and the Bunnymen and then James headlining

was fantastic early doors you could kinda go where you wanted , dance around in your own space get beer easily etc .... for James it was quite busy but by then we were right at the front of the stage to the point me and about 6 mates were singing down his microphone as he did the rock star swan dive onto us all during " Sometimes"

give me that sort of experience any day of the week

He's probably one of the biggest names in music at the moment.

I didn't know who he was but Tbf the same would probably be true of any artist after 1975
Slight edit ;-)

:)

tbf I'm not really a fan of 70's music  ... Bay City rollers were my favourite ( I was about 6 , I didn't have cool parents getting me into the Ramones and forcing me to wear their t-shirts  :P) ) but other than that I'm trying to think of an act from my childhood  (70's) I can remember  ... 

this is totally genuine now, this isn't put on - I'm going to have to youtube this Ed Sheeran chap

I've definitely heard the name, and if its the one I think it is, he has gingerish hair and a guitar?

absolutely no inkling of an idea what music he does though, not played in this house and the kids don't have his CD in the cars

......I'm going in....

He's probably one of the biggest names in music at the moment.

I didn't know who he was but Tbf the same would probably be true of any artist after 1975
Slight edit ;-)

:)

tbf I'm not really a fan of 70's music ... Bay City rollers were my favourite ( I was about 6 , I didn't have cool parents getting me into the Ramones and forcing me to wear their t-shirts [emoji14]) ) but other than that I'm trying to think of an act from my childhood (70's) I can remember ...

Read the edit more carefully - it was aimed at me. Saved me the trouble of posting it myself actually, as it's true.

It was who I thought it was - Seat has already said it all, just the current inoffensive offensive pop product - which isn't automatically a bad thing, just maybe not for me.

Is he really incredibly famous? Or is he pushed relentlessly on Chorley FM and ITV? Because he can have his own ITV channel and a 6 hour daily radio 1 show if he likes, that won't register at all with the vast majority of the population.

There's a weird trend on VT that it seems to be cool not to know who INCREDIBLY famous celebrities are.

I know the following about Ed Sheeran:

1. He did that song about the A-Team. I hate it. It's the second coming of James Blunt.

2. He's famous

That's it. After hearing one song of his, I can honestly say I didn't want to see or hear anything about him again. I'm not trying to be cool, I just don't want to know about people I'm not interested in.

LIke Kim Kardashian(?). When I hear her name I know a) Something to do with Kanye West B) Something to do with internet pictures of her bottom c) A race from Star Trek

• Like 1

I saw Oasis at the City of Manchester Stadium and enjoyed it until people were so drunk they'd just piss in their pint glass and chuck it in the air. I don't know if that's common at all big gigs or just the troglodytes Oasis attracted. It was a good gig and the support was pretty decent with Doves, the Bees and the Redwalls if I remember right, but it has to be proper loud with big choruses to belt out if you ask me, not a shy guy with an acoustic.

The only time I've heard Ed Sheeran was when watching his Glastonbury set on telly. Thought he was ok in an inoffensive sort of way. Your average VT connoisseur wouldn't be his target market.

The only time I've heard Ed Sheeran was when watching his Glastonbury set on telly. Thought he was ok in an inoffensive sort of way. Your average VT connoisseur wouldn't be his target market.

Same here. I'd have had him down as 'third on the bill in the acoustic tent'.

Is he really incredibly famous? Or is he pushed relentlessly on Chorley FM and ITV? Because he can have his own ITV channel and a 6 hour daily radio 1 show if he likes, that won't register at all with the vast majority of the population.

He's probably the biggest pop star in the country.

Arguably one of the biggest in the world.

He had the biggest selling album of 2014 and, as already mentioned, has sold out Wembley Stadium 3 times over.

None of that means his music is good, but it does mean that he's incredibly famous right now.

but VT has this weird phenomenon where knowing who these incredibly famous people are puts you in the minority!

Edited by Stevo985

Genuinely didn't know all that about Ed Sheeran, best of luck to him.

I almost don't dare ask this....is he a product of a TV talent show?

There's another world I know nothing of. I don't watch much telly, but I have never ever seen a single episode of X factor or the one with Ant and Dec. I don't even know the format of these programmes other than in the early rounds they just laugh at nutters. I have been in the room whilst The Voice has been on and watched bits over the top of my laptop.

Anyway, if ever he plays the bar stage on a week night in Clwb Ifor Bach I'll try and give him a listen. Is there a route any more from club circuit to world domination? Or do you just have to get lucky on a tv programme?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â