Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm not debating his talent, I'm just really surprised. Maybe I should have posted it elsewhere, as I'm not sure it pisses me off, rather stuns me. I'm not the biggest fan of stadium gigs, but I expect them to be reserved for world famous bands. Maybe I just didn't pay attention to how popular Ed is. I just figured he was a run of the mill pop star. 

I'm really trying not to sound like a music snob, and I don't want to offend anyone who likes him, but that's kind of depressing. I guess I'm contradicting myself a little there too. 

• Like 1

As a person/spectacle, i agree with dave. Tue ed sheerans of this world should be playing to NIA capacity crowds, maximum. The fact a guy with a guitar playing acoustic music is selling out such a huge venue, says more about music as a whole and the audience than it does about ed sheeran.

He comes across well though and i quite like his songs, so i wish him all the best.

My sky+ inadvertently recorded 5 minutes of 'geordie shore'

Honestly thought it was a joke show, a parody, but **** me its real, and people watch the shit.

Edited by Jimzk5

I don't mind him, it's more the bellends who will turn up. Good for him, it must be a trip going from effectively being a busker with a few songs and then a few years later you're playing Wembley, but I don't see the attraction of going to a stadium gig to watch a bloke on an acoustic guitar. I'm waiting for an indie explosion to come again, we must be due one.

To be fair to him, he is a talented bloke, and it's not like it's just him and his acoustic guitar. I'm sure he'll have a band, but he also does the whole schtick with recording multiple guitar parts and vocals on pedals and building up the song gradually, which is very clever.

Ed Sheeran sold out Wembley stadium, 3 times over. Just let that sink in. I think I'm done with people.

Bitter because you didn't get a ticket?

Yes, I don't like his music, and I understand people have different tastes, but when the hell did people like Ed Sheeran start selling out Wembley stadium? When I turned the TV on, the woman on the One Show was just introducing him (at this point I'd not seen he was on the show), and started talking about him selling out Wembley, and I assumed it was going to be Springsteen or Bon Jovi or something. Turned out it was Ed Sheeran. Ed Sheeran! 

He may be extremely lame, but he's surely not actually lamer than Bon Jovi?

He's probably one of the biggest names in music at the moment.

I didn't know who he was but Tbf the same would probably be true of any artist after 1975
Slight edit ;-)

I just don't understand the £60 stadium gig experience, regardless of the artist.

Being a mile away from U2 / Rolling Stones / The Tweenies / Ed Sheeran whilst some clearing in the woods with glitter paint on their face bounces a huge inflatable earth around the crowd.

Worst concert I ever attended was a free ticket with free transport and free drinks, but I had to sit side on, at the back of the hall 'watching' INXS or a large video screen of them anyway, at the NEC. 

Eeuurrgghhh

• Like 1

Ed Sheeran sold out Wembley stadium, 3 times over. Just let that sink in. I think I'm done with people.

Bitter because you didn't get a ticket?

Yes, I don't like his music, and I understand people have different tastes, but when the hell did people like Ed Sheeran start selling out Wembley stadium? When I turned the TV on, the woman on the One Show was just introducing him (at this point I'd not seen he was on the show), and started talking about him selling out Wembley, and I assumed it was going to be Springsteen or Bon Jovi or something. Turned out it was Ed Sheeran. Ed Sheeran! 

He may be extremely lame, but he's surely not actually lamer than Bon Jovi?

Can't argue with that, but Bon Jovi has been doing it for about 30 years, and are a traditional stadium rock act, as such I wouldn't be suprised to hear they sold out Wembley.  

I just don't understand the £60 stadium gig experience, regardless of the artist.

Being a mile away from U2 / Rolling Stones / The Tweenies / Ed Sheeran whilst some clearing in the woods with glitter paint on their face bounces a huge inflatable earth around the crowd.

Worst concert I ever attended was a free ticket with free transport and free drinks, but I had to sit side on, at the back of the hall 'watching' INXS or a large video screen of them anyway, at the NEC. 

Eeuurrgghhh

Agree with this. I very rarely go to arena gigs (I think I've been to about 5 ever), and unless Black Sabbath decided to play Villa Park, I've no desire to ever go to a stadium gig ever again.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â