Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People that complain about foreigners speaking another language in their own country!

Just booked a holiday and reading some of the reviews of the place on line, quite a lot of them contain complaints like "not all the staff spoke English" or "The disco was a let down as some songs were in a different language"

Not everyone is English!

I've read some on Trip Advisor where Americans slate a hotel because there isn't a Starbucks within a 2 minute walk  ...  hence why I tend to take review sites with a pinch of salt

everything is subjective but when you see reviews from Best Hotel I've ever stayed in to crap hotel worst hotel I've ever stayed in for the same property , I tend to think review sites say more about the people reviewing than the actual hotel itself ...

Generally speaking I  don't leave reviews , unless it's been exceptional or I've felt something has been unfairly criticised and I like to put my experience across  to counter the negatives  ..

I agree, to an extent.

I'd never take one review as gospel. But I think if you're looking at a large sample of reviews it gives you a pretty good idea.

Especially these days with TripAdvisor where it's moved away from the old culture where, imo, people only really left comments or reviews if they weren't happy.

If somewhere has a high rating on somewhere like TripAdvisor, and they've got thousands of reviews, chances are it's a pretty good place.

Edit: another good one I've just come across

"The fish was so fishy that I couldn't eat it"

God damn that fishy fish.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I'm reading a lot of holiday reviews at the moment, 1 from last night (1 star) in an otherwise excellent hotel was because the author (a female I assume) felt vulnerable walking past rear entrance to the kitchen so had to walk past it via a different route. Nothing happened... quite bizarre.

My uncle does loads of reviews on Trip Advisor and he has a habit of marking places down for tiny things.

I read one of his and he was raving about the place. incredible food, great staff, picturesque setting etc etc. Couldn't say enough good things.

Then right at the end he said "one downside was the carpet on the stairs was very dirty". Gave it 3 out of 5.

Edited by Stevo985

People that complain about foreigners speaking another language in their own country!

Just booked a holiday and reading some of the reviews of the place on line, quite a lot of them contain complaints like "not all the staff spoke English" or "The disco was a let down as some songs were in a different language"

Not everyone is English!

barry.jpg

Where else can you get a bilingual Clifton Steamer for sterling or euros ?

You can even have a go on Nessa's slots.

I agree, to an extent.

I'd never take one review as gospel. But I think if you're looking at a large sample of reviews it gives you a pretty good idea.

Especially these days with TripAdvisor where it's moved away from the old culture where, imo, people only really left comments or reviews if they weren't happy.

If somewhere has a high rating on somewhere like TripAdvisor, and they've got thousands of reviews, chances are it's a pretty good place.

Edit: another good one I've just come across

"The fish was so fishy that I couldn't eat it"

God damn that fishy fish.

Idiots will always write idiotic reviews. 

We stayed at the Banyan Tree in Phuket for our honeymoon - absolutely lovely hotel. Checked the Trip Advisor reviews....bunch of tools 1*ing it because they didn't like the coffee. 

I mean **** seriously.

I tend to work on the principle that the 3 or 4 star reviews are the most objective and read those first. The 1's and 5's tend to be unreliable.  

People using the Spanish pronunciation of places when discussing their holiday in a Birmingham cafe. 

"I absolutely loved 'Valenthia'"

Piss off

• Like 1

Getting disciplined at work for my injured finger just before Xmas. Bastards, I asked to view the risk assessment of the machine and it says for danger 'Possible death, illness or injury' and then likelihood 'Likely to happen in prolonged use', risk 'high'. So I say why doesn't it have a proper guard where the conveyor belt meets the moulder and they just say 'well you shouldn't put your finger near it' and as I've signed the training they discipline me for misconduct. It was just a fecking accident, every single other piece of equipment that has moving parts has a guard on it for a reason.

Getting disciplined at work for my injured finger just before Xmas. Bastards, I asked to view the risk assessment of the machine and it says for danger 'Possible death, illness or injury' and then likelihood 'Likely to happen in prolonged use', risk 'high'. So I say why doesn't it have a proper guard where the conveyor belt meets the moulder and they just say 'well you shouldn't put your finger near it' and as I've signed the training they discipline me for misconduct. It was just a fecking accident, every single other piece of equipment that has moving parts has a guard on it for a reason.

Don't accept the warning and tell them you will be forwarding on the letter (they gave you) to your union rep, a rep at employers rights (in Ireland it's a body called NERA) and a copy will be filed with your solicitor. Then see what they do

I pronounce Valencia, Valenthia I've no Idea why it's not on purpose, it just must be the way I heard it as a child and it's stuck.

Proper Spaniard.

I say Barcelona the English way, no idea what happened with Valencia. Sounds like the way i'm pronounce it, is across between the English way and the Spanish way. But as I say it's not a conscious thing.

I pronounce Valencia, Valenthia I've no Idea why it's not on purpose, it just must be the way I heard it as a child and it's stuck.

Is it possibly a speech impediment?

How would you pronounce thauthageth?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â