Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On the subject of swimming,

it's perfectly possible to go to swimming lessons as part of school andnot be able to swim.

When I was in 6th form I did a sports leadership course. Part of the course was helpingout in the PE lessons for the younger kids.

I got put in a year 7 swimming class.

One of the lads in it was petrified of the water. he couldn't even get into the water let alone swim! He was really shy and would barely even speak to anyone.

So of course the teacher dodged responsibility and gave me the job of teaching him to swim.

It was impossible but over 12 weeks I got him to swim the width of the pool.

One of the most rewarding things I'ver ever done. Sounds silly, but seeing him on the first day not even be able to climb down that ladder into the shallow end and getting him to swim on that last day was brilliant.

None of that pisses me off, soooooooooooo I'll add trains that are cancelled due to "lack of available crew" to my list of things that piss me off!

Coffee snobs :P It's all the bloody same. Now granted that's not strictly true, but there isn't the massive difference that people make out. It's all the same basic flavour and it's only good for getting me out of the office twice a day.

None of that pisses me off, soooooooooooo I'll add trains that are cancelled due to "lack of available crew" to my list of things that piss me off!

This reminds me of the bullshit excuse given on the electronic boards at Four Oaks station.

If the 1837 train to New Street is delayed (usually to my advantage so I don't have to wait 8 mins for the next one), the same excuse of "a passenger falling ill" is the reason for the delay every time!

Stop lying you bellends!

Coffee snobs :P It's all the bloody same. Now granted that's not strictly true, but there isn't the massive difference that people make out. It's all the same basic flavour and it's only good for getting me out of the office twice a day.

Tea on the other hand...

If you're talking about the difference between real coffee and instant, you're plain wrong. Or you have no tastebuds.

There is a MASSIVE difference. Coffee is coffee. Instant "coffee" is simply a hot brown drink. Nasty stuff.

You see, to me coffee isn't a particularly nice drink. I'll drink it, but I never relish a cup of coffee or long for one. It's literally a break from staring at a computer screen. I've had many different kinds of coffee and they've all given me pretty much the same level of enjoyment, which I would put as just above tolerance.

Agreed Mike, there is a massive difference between regular out of the machine coffee and a freshly ground proper coffee.

Ah now, "out of a machine" coffee is different. Anything "out of a machine" i.e. a vending machine, is not actually what it says it is. I'm only on about filtered versus making your own 'instant' from a jar. Different yes, but both drinkable. Out of a machine is just piss water. Sometimes I think all the buttons are linked to the same drink, be they chicken soup, tea or coffee.

Out of a machine is just piss water. Sometimes I think all the buttons are linked to the same drink, be they chicken soup, tea or coffee.

That is true :lol:

But seriously Bri there is a massive difference between 'jar' coffe and filter. Seriously the difference is huge!

I could say the same about whiskey, but there'd be plenty of people waiting to gun me down.

Im with you on that Shillzz, all whiskey tastes the same! The same as red wine, i just cant tell the difference.

Whisky: line up a Laphroaig, a Glenfiddich and a Bell's. Take a sip of each and tell me they all taste the same.

Red wine: line up a Beaujolais nouveau, an Aussie Shiraz and a Rioja. Take a sip of each and tell me they all taste the same.

EDIT: I am well aware BTW that what I am talking about is whisky, not whiskey. But similar rules apply.

You see, to me coffee isn't a particularly nice drink. I'll drink it, but I never relish a cup of coffee or long for one. It's literally a break from staring at a computer screen. I've had many different kinds of coffee and they've all given me pretty much the same level of enjoyment, which I would put as just above tolerance.

Agreed. I rarely drink coffee, and when I do it is simply for a big caffeine hit.

So, when drunk, or in a very boring meeting! :P

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â