Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

You know exactly what you're doing, it's just you acting like a jerk again, snowychap. Pressing peoples buttons and stirring shit up.

There's no need to pick apart sharky's post like that, have some respect for **** sake.

Edit: unsurprising reply. Edited by snowychap

At the risk of getting my head bitten off, that the victims had cancer doesn't make the crime any worse, does it?

This suggests you knew what you were writing was uncalled for. 

And by the way, "the victims" are the parents of members of this forum.

At the risk of getting my head bitten off, that the victims had cancer doesn't make the crime any worse, does it?

Your response suggests that your 'opinion' isn't quite as spot on as you probably think it is, Mike.

Edit: I said I wouldn't but:

My worry was that whenever one might mention something about a situation which involves cancer then one automatically becomes a bad guy (a jerk, someone stirring things up, someone picking something apart and so on). That was what I meant and your post (as opposed to Ben's posts) sodding well backs up that worry.

I shan't respond any further until the mods have had their say.

Edited by snowychap

C'mon guys simmer down, its Christmas, no need for stirring or hostile reactions. Everyone have a snowball and a mince pie and smile.

Yes I'm aware I've been a word removed in the past so it may seem rich coming from me but c'mon chaps. Play nice.

Your response suggests that your 'opinion' isn't quite as spot on as you probably think it is, Mike.

Edit: I said I wouldn't but:

My worry was that whenever one might mention something about a situation which involves cancer then one automatically becomes a bad guy (a jerk, someone stirring things up, someone picking something apart and so on). That was what I meant and your post (as opposed to Ben's posts) sodding well backs up that worry.

I shan't respond any further until the mods have had their say.

If you were worried about how it might come across given the personal context of the posts, then just don't ask the question. 

In my opinion it's a perfectly legitimate question to ask, but just at a different time and within a much less personal context.  

If you were worried about how it might come across given the personal context of the posts, then just don't ask the question.

Don't ask the question because it might be difficult?

Perhaps one would rather look at asking the question, generally, with a rider that one might hope that one's head wasn't bitten off.

In my opinion it's a perfectly legitimate question to ask, but just at a different time and within a much less personal context.

Riiight. In the context of a thread on a forum when was it acceptable to put the question forward?

Am I still a jerk? Was I still doing it to stir things up? Was I still picking someone's post apart?

No. I never was but it played in to your sanctimoniousness to post your accusations thus.

I guess your acceptance of my apology for a previous contretemps was rubbish.

So?

'So'?

So? suggests I want a fight about it whereas I was just looking for clarification on what was meant.

It certainly wasn't meant to belittle, separately, the experience of being burgled or the experience of dealing with cancer.

You know exactly what you're doing, it's just you acting like a jerk again, snowychap. Pressing peoples buttons and stirring shit up.

There's no need to pick apart sharky's post like that, have some respect for **** sake.

It was a legimate question and I think you are over reacting a bit .... Possibly suggesting you issue is more with the poster than the post itself ?

He's already apologised if his intent was misunderstood that should have been the end of the matter

All imo of course and no offence meant

Managers from years gone by sticking their ore in saying "he's not ready" for a promotion.  When was the last time I worked with you, let alone know what I'm capable of? Super annoying.  My current management said I'm good for it.  I prepped an application and thought I would do OK.  Said ex-manager (who bastardly has just taken up a senior role) was invited to a "management meeting" after a year-long sabbatical to proclaim, "he needs more time".  In the management meeting, she had the bigger voice and I was after told in no uncertain words that it's pointless submitting the application as they won't consider it.  Not even to get feedback to see where I can improve? Won't you give me the chance to apply?  No, for she has spoken. Hence why I'll forever live in mediocrity, just scraping through life. Ay Caramba.

Edited by trekka

He's already apologised if his intent was misunderstood that should have been the end of the matter 

He went back to edit in an apology, I'd have let it drop right there had it been part of the original post. 

No, don't ask it because it's bad manners. 

On the contrary. You've sent two PM's to me previously apologizing for "contretemps", and both times I was happy to let things slide. But for the last few months or so you seem to take enjoyment from throwing rocks, and in this instance, I'm calling you on it. I think it's poor form on your part, end of.

He went back to edit in an apology, I'd have let it drop right there had it been part of the original post.

I went back 'to edit in an apology'?

What are you on about?

I had the temerity to look back on what I may have said and decided to change what I posted?

Wow. I'm a turd for thinking that I may have chosen to put something in a different way.

No, don't ask it because it's bad manners.

Really? You're getting the arse because it's 'bad manners'?

If you think it's an unacceptable question at that time then fair enough - criticize me for asking it then but explain when you think it's an unacceptable comment.

On the contrary. You've sent two PM's to me previously apologizing for "contretemps", and both times I was happy to let things slide. But for the last few months or so you seem to take enjoyment from throwing rocks, and in this instance, I'm calling you on it. I think it's poor form on your part, end of.

And I've sent you a PM today quite clearly pointing out how out of order I think you're being and how I think your position about my posting on this site has become very personal. Edited by snowychap

When someone has posted about their sick mother having been robbed, it is advisable not to ask wether the sickness makes the robbery worse. It comes across as exceptionally callous and instigative, and you've treated me and a few other people on here with that same casual disregard over the past few months, and I've called you out on it. I was willing to overlook it before, but tonight you've made me snap.

Sorry for boring everyone with this, it's the last I'll post on the matter.

• Like 1

My wife telling me she wanted something for Christmas, she said get it from boots offline. Went in boots in west brom and Stafford, asked her which boots she saw it in, tells me that her and the kid call online, offline. What the actual hell????

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â