Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Men's work suits. They all look the same. Yeah, yeah. Pinstripe is totally different to plain or whatever. But really, it's so dull.

I decree that at least 60% of suits in the work place should be one of the following colours: pink, crimson, sunset orange, bright green or cream.

I think we'd already established   suits in the work place = people crap at their job trying to cover it up by trying to look "smart"

see The Appprentice for example

Work should be relaxed , shorts in the summer , comedy hat with ear covers in the winter

Or, accepted practise in probably 90% of the UK's offices.  I wear a suit, and am ace at my job, so ner.

:D

funnily enough our FD comes in wearing a suit as do the auditors , must be something about that profession :)

But I've worked  for 5 company's in my working career  ( 2 of them investment banks ) and only at 1 of them did i have to wear a suit  ...

I currently visit 6 clients regularly  ( one of them is probably in the top 10 largest companies in the world ) none of them wear a suit

but at least we know who did Tesco's over estimated accounting  :P

• Like 1

My missus bought me a villa retro t shirt from the shop in Birmingham a few days ago but she got it in the wrong size, she took it back to the shop at villa park today to change it and was told she couldn't change it there it has to be changed at the shop in Birmingham.

Has anyone else had this happen?

You've just reminded me of something.

Last season, the Villa Park shop kept all the retro shirts on display behind the till for some reason and I stupidly decided I wanted to buy one on a match day. I had to queue for about 10 minutes before getting to the front and asking the woman on the till if I could get the 1957 away top in a medium. She had a look and explained they only had it in small and she held it up. I thought it looked pretty big anyway so I asked if I could try it on. I didn't want to take off the t-shirt I was wearing so I just stuck it over the top, but my girlfriend said it was far too tight.

As I tried to take it off I soon realised it was going to be a struggle. I ended up with both t shirts stuck over my head, with my arms in the air and belly fully on show for a good minute. I heard two things; girls laughing in the queue behind me and a tear in the shirt as I tried to yank it over my head. I handed it back, torn, stretched and probably a bit sweaty.

Apologies if you bought that shirt.

My missus bought me a villa retro t shirt from the shop in Birmingham a few days ago but she got it in the wrong size, she took it back to the shop at villa park today to change it and was told she couldn't change it there it has to be changed at the shop in Birmingham.

Has anyone else had this happen?

You've just reminded me of something.

Last season, the Villa Park shop kept all the retro shirts on display behind the till for some reason and I stupidly decided I wanted to buy one on a match day. I had to queue for about 10 minutes before getting to the front and asking the woman on the till if I could get the 1957 away top in a medium. She had a look and explained they only had it in small and she held it up. I thought it looked pretty big anyway so I asked if I could try it on. I didn't want to take off the t-shirt I was wearing so I just stuck it over the top, but my girlfriend said it was far too tight.

As I tried to take it off I soon realised it was going to be a struggle. I ended up with both t shirts stuck over my head, with my arms in the air and belly fully on show for a good minute. I heard two things; girls laughing in the queue behind me and a tear in the shirt as I tried to yank it over my head. I handed it back, torn, stretched and probably a bit sweaty.

Apologies if you bought that shirt.

It was thrown away and the revenue we would have had for that shirt was going to be used to bring Milner back  :excl: .  Nice one.

• Like 2

Men's work suits. They all look the same. Yeah, yeah. Pinstripe is totally different to plain or whatever. But really, it's so dull.

I decree that at least 60% of suits in the work place should be one of the following colours: pink, crimson, sunset orange, bright green or cream.

I think we'd already established suits in the work place = people crap at their job trying to cover it up by trying to look "smart"

see The Appprentice for example

Work should be relaxed , shorts in the summer , comedy hat with ear covers in the winter

Or, accepted practise in probably 90% of the UK's offices. I wear a suit, and am ace at my job, so ner.

:D

funnily enough our FD comes in wearing a suit as do the auditors , must be something about that profession :)

But I've worked for 5 company's in my working career ( 2 of them investment banks ) and only at 1 of them did i have to wear a suit ...

Yup! Never had to wear a suit day to day (i.e. around the office) in the two investment banks I've worked in so far. You're required to wear a suit and tie if you're meeting clients but otherwise it's shirt (tie not necessary), trousers and shoes. This kind of annoys me because IMO it just looks sloppy, and not smart, so we might as well wear anything anyway.

What I did hate about suits is when people wear one that is clearly ill-fitting. It's not hard to ensure you get a suit that fits these days because even off the peg numbers can look fitted with a few minor adjustments.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

My neighbors dog is named Xavi, and he doesn't stop barking. It's making me hate Barcelona.

Same here but the word removed dog is called gizmo. I now want to kill gremlins

Sorry to do this, but I'm going to talk about the weather. If it snows (as a lot of people seem to be getting excited about the chance it might), it is going to be awful. It's going to take twice as long to get anywhere, it's going to be hazardous to drive and walk anywhere, and it's going to be cold and wet. I hate it so much. Just **** off snow, you word removed! 

Sorry to do this, but I'm going to talk about the weather. If it snows (as a lot of people seem to be getting excited about the chance it might), it is going to be awful. It's going to take twice as long to get anywhere, it's going to be hazardous to drive and walk anywhere, and it's going to be cold and wet. I hate it so much. Just **** off snow, you word removed! 

It could be worse, you could live in New England

1978blizzard.jpg

• Like 2

My neighbors dog is named Xavi, and he doesn't stop barking. It's making me hate Barcelona.

I do anyway. Mind I hate Real too. Athletic Bilbao is where it's at! 

Celta Vigo. Even though they were our European nemesis, I respected them as a club, still do.

I do anyway. Mind I hate Real too. Athletic Bilbao is where it's at! 

Celta Vigo. Even though they were our European nemesis, I respected them as a club, still do.

To be honest I don't really follow any teams in other leagues. I get why people like Barca and Real etc, but it just makes me think about how much I hate to see foreign people in Man Ure and Liverpoo shirts. 

the missus has fell out with me because im working sunday again, granted ive only had three full weekends off since the start of august but i go over a week without pay over xmas and with the cold weather coming it could slow work down.

This is something that really should piss me off. My Mum and Dad's house got burgled earlier when my Mum was at the hospital having her chemotherapy. Some utter words removed just took the kitchen window off, stole their second car having filled it with the TV, Christmas presents, ipad, laptop, ipod, my Mum's jewellery which is more of sentimental value than anything else, and even a box of **** biscuits, all in broad daylight. They've been caught on CCTV from the neighbours (they happen to live opposite a locksmith who luckily is very security conscious). The things I'd do to these people if I ever had them in a room. I cannot tell you how much my blood is boiling right now. It is the last thing my Mum needs to go through, it breaks my heart, really does. I hate this world and 99% of the words removed who inhabit it.

It could be worse, you could live in New England

1978blizzard.jpg

Flipping 'eck, judging by the age of those cars, that must have been one hell of snowdrift, if they have only just dug them out.  :)

• Like 3

This is something that really should piss me off. My Mum and Dad's house got burgled earlier when my Mum was at the hospital having her chemotherapy. Some utter words removed just took the kitchen window off, stole their second car having filled it with the TV, Christmas presents, ipad, laptop, ipod, my Mum's jewellery which is more of sentimental value than anything else, and even a box of **** biscuits, all in broad daylight. They've been caught on CCTV from the neighbours (they happen to live opposite a locksmith who luckily is very security conscious). The things I'd do to these people if I ever had them in a room. I cannot tell you how much my blood is boiling right now. It is the last thing my Mum needs to go through, it breaks my heart, really does. I hate this world and 99% of the words removed who inhabit it.

That's terrible sharky, my blood boils with you. It happened to me once, and it still puts me in a rage. That your mum is in chemo too, is just really terrible. I hope they catch the scumbags that did it.

• Like 1

Breaking into people's houses is up there with the lowest of the low in my book. It's not just thing they steal, it's memories. Hope the police catch them mate, and good luck to your Mother too.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â