Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The explicit racism on social media regarding the Ferguson, MO. situation. Really depressing. One step forward, two steps back. Seems there is no way out of this hole.

What I find interesting is how a good number of people seem to be more disgusted by property damage and looting than the killing of an unarmed civilian.

What I find amazing is that no supporters of the cop seem to have called into question the utter incompetence by the cop that led to the shooting. How does an unarmed kid walking down the sidewalk pose a mortal threat to an armed policeman in a cruiser? If he was intimidated by the kid's size (and he was, judging by the transcript), he should have called for backup before engaging the kid. That the encounter escalated to the point of several gunshots to the torso and head seems like a flagrant dereliction of duty. At best he is clearly unfit for the job of law enforcement officer, at worst a cold blooded killer with no regard for human life. The fact that the body lay on the street for 4 hours suggests that the entire Ferguson PD fits a similar profile. And some people wonder why the people are angry...

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

I'm so bloody bored.

You should move to England, find a nice girl, and get a job as a teacher or summat.

He wouldn't be bored if he was working 26 hours a day doing marking, lesson planning, etc  :)

• Like 3

IT have upgraded (and I use that word lightly) my PC to Windows 7 at work.

Now that I have it, i don't have access to pretty much the most important systems that I and the majority of Finance, purchasing, engineering and programme planning use.

So I raised an issue with IT and got the response "Sorry, you can't use that system on Windows 7."

This alarmed me as it would basically mean I can't do my job. So I asked around and turns out you can get it, as other people in my department have windows 7 and use the system.

IT are no flat out refusing to believe me. I've actually got somebody from IT on their way to my office to witness a windows 7 laptop accessing this system.

Morons.

Probably it isn't a 64 bit app and thus you have to run it under 32 bit ... But that is simples to do

In my line of work we do lots of blind taste tests

One beer project from donkeys years ago involved lager drinkers ... We'd ask them what they drank , which ones they would consider and then when ones they wouldn't consider

This was in the days where most pubs had Fosters , castlemain and skol and that sort of ilk

Anyhow most respondents said they wouldn't consider skol and then promptly scored it top of the products we then gave them to drink in a blind test

So whilst you can taste a difference in lagers the image perception would appear to also make it taste better

We still find this in surveys we run now on various brands

• Like 1

Now that I have it, i don't have access to pretty much the most important systems that I and the majority of Finance, purchasing, engineering and programme planning use.

So I raised an issue with IT and got the response "Sorry, you can't use that system on Windows 7."

This alarmed me as it would basically mean I can't do my job. So I asked around and turns out you can get it, as other people in my department have windows 7 and use the system.

IT are no flat out refusing to believe me. I've actually got somebody from IT on their way to my office to witness a windows 7 laptop accessing this system.

Morons.

Probably it isn't a 64 bit app and thus you have to run it under 32 bit ... But that is simples to do

I just find it astounding that they thought it was OK to not be able to use one of the most important systems in the whole company.

The explicit racism on social media regarding the Ferguson, MO. situation. Really depressing. One step forward, two steps back. Seems there is no way out of this hole.

What I find interesting is how a good number of people seem to be more disgusted by property damage and looting than the killing of an unarmed civilian.
Really !!

You've followed the story and actually know what happened ?? ... Those people on the streets really have no reason to be there from what I've heard of events that took place

( cue the police and autopsy results are lying posts )

Edited by tonyh29

Morons.

Doesn't have to be a 64 bit app to run on 64 bit Windows.

• Like 1

Morons.

Doesn't have to be a 64 bit app to run on 64 bit Windows.

I probably didn't explain very well but you still get bespoke apps that run via NTVDM or some that run under a virtual shell ... Which was what I was referring to

Really !!

You've followed the story and actually know what happened ?? ... Those people on the streets really have no reason to be there from what I've heard of events that took place

( cue the police and autopsy results are lying posts )

In fairness on that one having seen some of the officer in questions testimony of what happened, I'm not sure his story is the whole story, let's say.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â