Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Drink/Eat what you want.

Some people prefer cheap plonk compared to the most expensive Champagnes.

Any snobbery to do with food and drink is silly, todays top chefs are constantly looking back in history and digging up menus which weren't popular for the last 500 years.  Chech out Heston, he's always going back to medieval times etc.

Any snobbery is only showing people up for only knowing about what's either expensive, or flavour of the month.

But again, people taste stuff differently, so one man's Leffe is another man's Carling.

I was on another football forum where football is discussed and there was a real argument  building about a fight on the pitch at a game last Saturday.

People were calling each other out, officials from the clubs were pitching in, I helpfully pitched in with a popcorn eating gif ....... and killed it dead!

No posts in a couple of hours now. I was enjoying that.

There are other football forums? 

I greet this news like the Catholic Church greeted Gallileo. Perhaps we should burn you for heresy. :) 

• Like 2

smug craft beer crowd. dont mind the odd beer myself but the guys that look down on you for ordering a Heineken as if its not  a pure beer

console yourself in the knowledge that wine drinkers are looking down on them  from a great height

The blame for real ale snootiness should be laid at the door of the government.

If we had had a purity law like the Germans, which keeps their beer unadulterated from chemicals and the rest of the crap, there would have been no need for CAMRA and the 'you're not drinking that?' brigade would have no need to have existed.

I think it is a case of where the Germans use the law to regulate, the British use snobbish elitism.

But the question I want answering is why Stella brewed in Lancashire is so shite, where the stuff from Belgium is drinkable?

People from Yorkshire are exempted from answering.  :)

Edited by MakemineVanilla

smug craft beer crowd. dont mind the odd beer myself but the guys that look down on you for ordering a Heineken as if its not  a pure beer

console yourself in the knowledge that wine drinkers are looking down on them  from a great height

..bent over on all fours, acting as a human foot rest for the whiskey drinkers  :P

but seriously, snobbery is daft, it's just personal taste.  With wine in particular the emphasis on a "minimum spend" for a good wine is pretty daft too. You can find plenty of really nice wines for a fiver.  

• Like 2

Yep. I quite like a pint of Carling (and I'm not a dole dossing chav).

Surely the first part negates the bracketed statement...

You've pretty much nailed it there.

3rd most popular lager in the UK but of course we're all way too cool to admit to drinking it, tastes like piss etc. etc.

IT have upgraded (and I use that word lightly) my PC to Windows 7 at work.

Now that I have it, i don't have access to pretty much the most important systems that I and the majority of Finance, purchasing, engineering and programme planning use.

So I raised an issue with IT and got the response "Sorry, you can't use that system on Windows 7."

This alarmed me as it would basically mean I can't do my job. So I asked around and turns out you can get it, as other people in my department have windows 7 and use the system.

IT are no flat out refusing to believe me. I've actually got somebody from IT on their way to my office to witness a windows 7 laptop accessing this system.

Morons.

Edited by Stevo985

IT have upgraded (and I use that word lightly) my PC to Windows 7 at work.

Now that I have it, i don't have access to pretty much the most important systems that I and the majority of Finance, purchasing, engineering and programme planning use.

So I raised an issue with IT and got the response "Sorry, you can't use that system on Windows 7."

This alarmed me as it would basically mean I can't do my job. So I asked around and turns out you can get it, as other people in my department have windows 7 and use the system.

IT are no flat out refusing to believe me. I've actually got somebody from IT on their way to my office to witness a windows 7 laptop accessing this system.

Morons.

Can't they allow you to run your OS of choice as a virtual machine within Win7?

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

You've pretty much nailed it there.

3rd most popular lager in the UK but of course we're all way too cool to admit to drinking it, tastes like piss etc. etc.

Woah.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â