Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I just told my mom that I bought a samsung tablet yesterday, she's gone crazy at me, apparently I'm selfish because I didn't let her and my dad by it me for Christmas, also I did exactly the same thing last year when I bought myself a kindle, **** hell, I wanted one I bought one, I don't really expect nothing off me mom n dad for Christmas and it didn't even cross my mind to hold fire and let them buy one for me.

Plus I wouldn't really want to ask for a £260 present from my parents when I'm 29 years old, all I want for Christmas is a big **** off dinner that will have me making tummy shames for days after

• Like 2

I told my parents I wanted a selection box and a ten pound note - they went off on one about we might as well not bloody bother - apparently it's not a proper family christmas effort if it's less than £40 and didn't come from Amazon.

I told my parents I wanted a selection box and a ten pound note - they went off on one about we might as well not bloody bother - apparently it's not a proper family christmas effort if it's less than £40 and didn't come from Amazon.

I don't think the present is the real issue.

It is just an example of how the Christmas neurosis definitely kicked in over the weekend.

I kept my head below the parapet but the neurosis was palpable, as anxieties about the duty to make a decent show of affection and the fear of failure emerged (as per effing usual).

Same goes for Leemond.

It always kicks off when people start telling each other that it is 'only four weeks 'til Chrismas'.

Hang in there, oh my droogs; it's going to get worse before it gets better.  :)

That's most definitely the case with my mother (and therefore 'my parents'). Love is measured in 'effort' but effort can be transferred across to price.

Personally, I'm a little more relaxed about the whole thing. If I've stood next to my dad at the football every other Saturday for months and we've taken it in turns to bring the chunky kit kats, I think it's safe to presume we're ok with each other these days. Chucking him the best watch Argos can deliver in 24 hours is a much less accurate measure of anything other than modern computerised warehousing and despatch techniques.

I'm sure there's a line from a Larkin poem somewhere that has some relevance.

• Like 1

That's most definitely the case with my mother (and therefore 'my parents'). Love is measured in 'effort' but effort can be transferred across to price.

Personally, I'm a little more relaxed about the whole thing. If I've stood next to my dad at the football every other Saturday for months and we've taken it in turns to bring the chunky kit kats, I think it's safe to presume we're ok with each other these days. Chucking him the best watch Argos can deliver in 24 hours is a much less accurate measure of anything other than modern computerised warehousing and despatch techniques.

I'm sure there's a line from a Larkin poem somewhere that has some relevance.

I think you have to concede at some point that Christmas is unfixable and just accept that it is what it is.

Even simplifying Christmas to the point where the Jehovah's Witnesses might approve, was futile.

Because, as Dickens pointed out, no Christmas stands discretely alone, each one comes with more neurotic baggage than Santa could ever fit on his sleigh.   :)

we have got some **** 'fun, values day' at work today

basically everyone on the team acts like idiots and takes part in 'team building activities and shit like that

jesus christ this is the exact meaning of hell for me, I would prefer to just spend the day working...you know, what I am paid to do, I'll no doubt get in the shit for standing at the back and not participating, I should be really excited that they are getting pizza in for dinner for us, sorry but I would prefer to eat a ham sandwich at my desk rather than eat a single scabby cold slice of pizza.

I just can't understand how everyone can get so buzzed about something as piddly as this

• Like 1

basically everyone on the team acts like idiots and takes part in 'team building activities and shit like that

jesus christ this is the exact meaning of hell for me, I would prefer to just spend the day working...you know, what I am paid to do, I'll no doubt get in the shit for standing at the back and not participating, I should be really excited that they are getting pizza in for dinner for us, sorry but I would prefer to eat a ham sandwich at my desk rather than eat a single scabby cold slice of pizza.

I just can't understand how everyone can get so buzzed about something as piddly as this

You are absolutely right.

These things are arranged by stupid managers who are vain enough to see themselves a benevolent and stupid enough to believe that their wasteful idea will make a difference.

All that these things do is reveal management's megalomaniacal tendencies by giving them a chance to prove that they tell you when to work and when to play.

If it wasn't so, then they would not have to conscript individuals into doing this crap against their wishes.

Worst of all, is that they make absolutely no difference, because you can't change a workplace culture that easily.

They should hire a bouncy castle and a big cake and leave it at that. :angry:

I just can't understand how everyone can get so buzzed about something as piddly as this

Another thing I'm glad to see the back of.

I always used to refuse to take part in that crap. Or, if forced, sabotage it at every turn.

Utter, utter bollocks, the lot of it.

• Like 3

What's worse is tosser colleagues pretending to go along with it and 'seeing the value' in it in a transparent attempt at sucking up to the superiors and trying to make you look like the Grinch.

**** hate away days.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â