Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I think in terms of equality in pay,If i'm doing the same job as a woman next to me and we are of the same experience etc then we should be earning the same. I don't think anyone can argue with that? That's the way I see it.

I think the problem is that women have tunnel vision, in that they demand to get access to the top jobs, which they say are dominated by men, but they don't want the worst and most dangerous jobs which are also dominated by men.

There's a bit of a flaw with that. Well two flaws, really. Firstly it's something (understatement) of a logical disconnect. It's like saying football fans want Man Utd to win the league, and they also want Man City to win the league. See it's not the same football fans saying each of those things, or the same women, (if any at all). Which brings me on to the second point. it's complete bollocks, anyway.

I don't get your football analogy.

I just noticed that certain Scandinavian countries are enacting laws which will make it a legal requirement for companies to have a certain proportion of women on the board.

Unless I have missed the bulletin, I don't see any planned legislation to ensure that women represent a proportion of employees in dangerous jobs.

It seems perfectly logical that if governments seek to redress the social and market forces which keep women out of the boardroom, why wouldn't they try to redress the social and market forces which place men in dangerous jobs.

I have read several Guardian articles demanding the former but never the latter and so I assume it is something that women don't want and will never ask for.

I think in terms of equality in pay,If i'm doing the same job as a woman next to me and we are of the same experience etc then we should be earning the same. I don't think anyone can argue with that? That's the way I see it.

That is justice which no reasonable person would disagree with.

What recent reports have left out is that for women below forty there is no significant pay-gap.

The pay-gap appears for older women because they have a career break to have children and that puts them behind men who have stayed in the workforce.

But unfortunately the media miss that out.

Depends if she is fit or not surely
  • Like 3

I think the problem is that women have tunnel vision, in that they demand to get access to the top jobs, which they say are dominated by men, but they don't want the worst and most dangerous jobs which are also dominated by men.

There's a bit of a flaw with that. Well two flaws, really. Firstly it's something (understatement) of a logical disconnect. It's like saying football fans want Man Utd to win the league, and they also want Man City to win the league. See it's not the same football fans saying each of those things, or the same women, (if any at all). Which brings me on to the second point. it's complete bollocks, anyway.

I just noticed that certain Scandinavian countries are enacting laws which will make it a legal requirement for companies to have a certain proportion of women on the board.

Unless I have missed the bulletin, I don't see any planned legislation to ensure that women represent a proportion of employees in dangerous jobs.

It seems perfectly logical that if governments seek to redress the social and market forces which keep women out of the boardroom, why wouldn't they try to redress the social and market forces which place men in dangerous jobs.

I have read several Guardian articles demanding the former but never the latter and so I assume it is something that women don't want and will never ask for.

Why on earth would somebody spend time and money forcing somebody to do a dangerous  job?

Surely a more enlightened approach would be to take the danger out of the job?

Why on earth would somebody spend time and money forcing somebody to do a dangerous  job?

Surely a more enlightened approach would be to take the danger out of the job?

Feminists claim that the fact that 93% of workplace deaths are men, demonstrates male privilege in monopolising dangerous jobs.

So women should be given preference for these jobs so they can enjoy the privilege of making up 50% of workplace deaths.

Obviously make jobs as safe as possible but in the name of equality allow women the privilege of doing 50% of the dying.

In a previous life back in the day I was an Equal Opportunities Union Rep. I've done the marches and the conferences and the back room strategy meetings. I've even flirted around the outer edges of Militant. Hell, I've even tried to look interested in subscribing to spare rib. 

Never ever came up against any such claims of the privilege of death, or anything else quite so baffling.

Perhaps the real plotting couldn't start until after the white male had left the room.

I'm not saying these views don't exist, that a quote in a book can't be referenced as 'proof'. Just that we should resist presuming to talk for whole swathes of society as one block. I think if we replaced the word 'women' with 'africans' or 'Irish' etc., it would more obviously be daft. There is no mass female conspiracy.

I'm going to go off and post some music videos.

• Like 4

I disagree if one of you is crap at the job and the other is excellent.

Performance should have a big fat impact on people's wage IMO.

This new social status of mine, kids birthday last Saturday, mates last Sunday, pub last night, just had a text telling me I have "gotta" go see my godson and I have been asked to go on the piss on Saturday as well.

I know I need to see people sometimes but Jesus why all at the same time?

Just leave me alone of a weekend and let me drink coffee and watch the boxing

Oh and also kids on busses, they always stare at me...it's really disconcerting. Little **** should be made to wear blinkers or sommet

Male and female footballers should be paid equally.

If female footballers made as much money for their clubs, I'd agree. But if Female Player A is playing in front of 500 people and sells 10 shirts with her name on it, it suggests she's maybe not bringing in much money. If Male Player A is playing in front of 50,000 people and there's been 100,000 shirts with his name on, I imagine he'd be pretty annoyed if he's not getting a slice of that.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

Benedict Cabbage Patch, or whatever his name is.

I don't know why. I think he's a great actor.

But I absolutely hate him.

Probably hate him more when he's a lead in a Marvel movie!

Not really. It'd probably improve the film. He's a good actor.

If he wants to be in the Fantastic Four 13 or The Brilliant Spiderman 8 (a recut of a reboot of a remake of a film from 2009) then so be it.

• Like 1

I saw a dark brown 4 door diesel Porsche earlier today. It really annoyed me.

Shirley, when you get to the point of wanting / requiring a four door diesel car in brown you admit defeat and get yourself something else other than a Porsche? 

• Like 3

I saw a dark brown 4 door diesel Porsche earlier today. It really annoyed me.

Shirley, when you get to the point of wanting / requiring a four door diesel car in brown you admit defeat and get yourself something else other than a Porsche? 

How did you know her name was Shirley? ...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â