Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Considering starting a "Stupid things your work colleagues say" tread at some point. Here's a gem I heard this morning.

"I don't play the Euro Millions, cus I don't want my money won by a foreigner."

hmmm hang on that's unfair

if this was UKIP nutter they would actually have said

"I'm not a racist, but, I don't play the Euro Millions, cus I don't want my money won by a foreigner.We're already full"

it's a small but significant difference

Considering starting a "Stupid things your work colleagues say" tread at some point. Here's a gem I heard this morning.

Also, everytime there is a big jackpot I have this converstion.

Random knob "I need to make sure I put the Euromillions on tonight it's x amount of money/ have you seen the euromillions jackpot tonight, I have to play, you have to play.

Me : " It makes no difference how much more it is that usual. A million is a **** million. If you are going to play, play it every week, are you turning your nose up because the jackpot isn't enough other weeks?"

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

My boss asking me to take over an under-performing team.

It shouldn't annoy me as I should see it as a good career opportunity but I am almost certain it will add to my already unmanageable workload (60+ hours almost every week) and will offer me no financial inducements either. I've been in this boat before and it never goes well. More work, more stress, more accountability but no more money. 

Bet I still say yes too.

It shouldn't annoy me as I should see it as a good career opportunity but I am almost certain it will add to my already unmanageable workload (60+ hours almost every week) and will offer me no financial inducements either. I've been in this boat before and it never goes well. More work, more stress, more accountability but no more money. 

Bet I still say yes too.

Have you by any chance been put in charge of a young man called Stefan?

Keen, but a bit new, loves ringing the dinner bell (if you know what I mean).

• Like 2

When I finally have a little spare time from work and uni, I spend most of it sleeping as I'm usually shattered. **** this growing up and responsibilities malarkey. 

When I was at Uni (finished 3 years ago) I used stay in bed all day and go out almost every night, study my balls off for the last month and scrap by. I used work 2 jobs weekends and would be exhausted come Sunday evening, but luckily I'd a week in bed to look forward to.

• Like 1

Bet I still say yes too.

Just be thankful you are not a teacher, yeah.

The amount of life insurance ads on at the moment, and the way they are presented

"have you ever imagined what would happen if you or your partner was no longer here? Just imagine it, you die leaving your wife and kids alone with no source of income to pay off the mortgage, so they have to leave what was a loving family home, and all because you didn't have ljfe insurance, but for just £7 a month your covered with us

And you get a free pen."

Knob off

• Like 1

The amount of life insurance ads on at the moment, and the way they are presented

"have you ever imagined what would happen if you or your partner was no longer here? Just imagine it, you die leaving your wife and kids alone with no source of income to pay off the mortgage, so they have to leave what was a loving family home, and all because you didn't have ljfe insurance, but for just £7 a month your covered with us

And you get a free pen."

Knob off

Worse still, that Co-op funerals ad (yeah, yeah, I know, I know...) "My song has definitely got to be 'I did it My Way'". How imaginative.

"They've created Ebola so they can wipe out Africa and start again" 

And you get a free pen."

Knob off

Worse still, that Co-op funerals ad (yeah, yeah, I know, I know...) "My song has definitely got to be 'I did it My Way'". How imaginative.

I'm still thinking Arthur Brown's "Fire"  blaring out as I get cremated  .. I am the God of Hell Fire should have the vicar choking , rather than the choir boy for  a change

• Like 3

I've had the Rocky Balboa DVD for almost 8 years now, only having watched it once because the ending disappointed me. I've now just discovered the DVD has the alternate ending on it, the one I wanted.

I'm not sure if this belongs in here or the Things That Cheer You Up thread.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â