Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Teach English abroad, you get the fun bits without the shit bits, although you're not actually a real teacher.

Teach English abroad, you get the fun bits without the shit bits, although you're not actually a real teacher.

I'd often thought I'd quite like to be a teacher. I like the idea of inspiring future generations.

I hadn't realised how comparatively little even head teachers earn, though. I'm shocked.

That's nonsense Rob.

If you're a teacher for just a few years, you'll be earning above the average wage. If you're a teacher for a long time, or have advanced responsibilities like maybe a head of dept (ie not 'just' a classroom teacher), you'll earn a decent amount over the average national wage.

I earn average national wage (or thereabouts). My missus earns more than me, and has been teaching for about 5 years. She's 31. She earns over the average wage. She's also just got promoted to head of dept, and now earns a good few % above the national average wage.

It's a decently waged progession, for a fully qualifed teacher.

I suspect when you say 'how little they earn', you are comparing to your current earnings, and not some national average?

• Like 1

I think Head Teachers earn (roughly) perhaps 55-60K, so pretty much twice the national average wage?

That's not bad money at all, and they do pretty much bugger all actual teaching! ;)

People who walk while staring into their phones.

Dickheads.

Never go to East Asia

I have a theory that Asians will evolve and have 3 eyes at some point so that they can use one for looking at where they are going whilst the other 2 eyes are glued to a gadget of some description  ...

Once established, a teacher outside London can earn £58k as a 'leading practitioner', taking on additional duties can add a further £12.5k to that.

That's a salary for a very small number of very good very experienced teachers, but as an outside London salary, £70k isn't too scruffy.

A head teacher in London can earn up to £114k, which incidentally is more than the Minister of State in charge of Education. You can argue that politicians don't deserve large salaries, but you have to note that a Headmaster can earn more than the guy in charge of headmasters and see that there will always be something odd or unfair about salaries whenever you try and compare them, their responsibility and the qualifications you need to get the job and do the job etc..

It's an endless arguement with the unsatisfactory answer of nobody is ever forced to be a teacher and supply and demand usually dictates price.

so teachers earn above the national wage , get a cushy pension paid for by the tax payer (14.1% isn't it that we pay ? )  and still go on strike for more pay and moan about the hours they work 

we are all in this together indeed

Edit: removed the quotes as i wouldn't wish to appear as if I was having a direct pop at anyone

Edited by tonyh29

more facebook ( Edit : initial word bypassed the swear filter :) )  garbage

this time it was "outrage" that KFC had banned alcoholic hand wipes in Leicester , pandering to Muslims

15 secs of google and you find out

Kentucky Fried Chicken in Leicester has achieved the rare distinction of offending Muslims by doing something that they weren't actually offended by. A branch of the takeaway chain that was part of a pilot scheme to offer halal chicken to Muslim customers blotted its copy book by withdrawing alcohol-based handwipes in case they violated Islamic principles.

But when a local KFC diner, Graham Noakes, complained about the ban earlier earlier this week to the Leicester Mercury, Muslim leaders were baffled. They made it clear that their only problem with alcohol was drinking it, and there was no edict in place against using it for hygiene or medicinal purposes. What they were mildly offended by, though, was KFC's assumption that they would find such a minor thing offensive in the first place.

As Suleman Nagdi, of the Federation of Muslim Organisations, put it: "We have all the bigots coming out and saying ‘there you go again, the Muslims are demanding something’, when it is not the case that we are demanding anything."

there should be a rule that before you blindly post garbage on the net , you have to actually bother to check the facts behind it first

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

so I think we can agree that teacher's pay isn't really all that bad, although the job itself can often be pretty demanding?

this is the interweb , nobody agrees with anyone out here in cyberspace  :)

so I think we can agree that teacher's pay isn't really all that bad, although the job itself can often be pretty demanding?

this is the interweb , nobody agrees with anyone out here in cyberspace  :)

Indeed. ;)

why+you+little.gif

• Like 2

so teachers earn above the national wage , get a cushy pension paid for by the tax payer (14.1% isn't it that we pay ? )  and still go on strike for more pay and moan about the hours they work 

The problem is that any public employees who wish to maintain or increase their access to the public purse must wage a constant propaganda war to establish their beatification in the mind of the public.

It worked for the nurses and it is working for teachers.

This is made necessary by the fact that all public employees below a certain level are portrayed by the media as scrounging scumbags doing non-jobs, who rob the tax-payer and will hold us all to ransom, given the chance.

So teachers' lobby groups wage their propaganda campaign to make sure teachers are considered super-special.

This has been very successful, and it was notable that when Cameron was trying to make the case that the 40% tax rate was a crime against humanity, he mentioned, with a tragic wobble in his voice, that some school teachers were forced to pay it, them being special and all.

No one lobbies for teaching assistants and so they get paid barely more than the minimum wage and don't get paid in the holidays: publicly perceived as the wrong class of worker.

I think a lot of the negativity towards teachers is a backlash against the self-entitlement and piety of the lobby.

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â