Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Its not often I have to get back from work in a hurry.

But EVERY time I do need to get back, there's major delays. I feel like I'm in the **** Truman show.

An hour and a half delay today getting back.

Now I'm late for the stag do I'm meant to be on. **** sake

But EVERY time I do need to get back, there's major delays. I feel like I'm in the **** Truman show.

Shit lads, he's onto us. ABORT! ABORT!

It's fine. The Stevo Show has gotten really **** boring lately anyway.

• Like 1

I assume all this cyclist hate is in keeping with the thread topic of things that piss you off _that shouldn't_?

What should piss you off is the obesity epidemic rather than people trying to get fit, healthy and shed some weight. You can't cycle on the pavement, it's illegal, and it's quite easy to kill someone.

The road is for cyclists and motor vehicles. Both have equal rights.

The lycra and all the gear helps go a teeny bit faster so the cyclist can get out of your way quicker.

It IS much safer to ride side by side. And as a driver I much prefer cyclists to be side by side so I can pass them easier. If they're all in a line you have no chance of getting past before a car comes the other way. When they're 2 abreast you can go past with just a bit more room than you'd normally give them.

Finally, sometimes you have to swerve all over the road. You're either completely knackered from attempting to keep a speed which doesn't hold everyone up, or the road surface is utterly shit and you're trying not to be flung off your bike under a Freelander's wheel so have to avoid pot holes and drains.

Apologies for ruining the joviality. I know everyone is a big health fan anyway and applauds anyone trying not to die too soon. :)

Back on topic - The fact I can't wear jeans to work. That pisses me off (but shouldn't) (sorry donnie). In fact, wouldn't the thread title be better like that?

• Like 1

It IS much safer to ride side by side. And as a driver I much prefer cyclists to be side by side so I can pass them easier.

Check out rule 66 of the highway code.

That says a maximum of 2 abreast? It's generally recognised it's better to do so for the reason above.

http://ukcyclelaws.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-laws-according-to-highway-code.html

• Like 1

It IS much safer to ride side by side. And as a driver I much prefer cyclists to be side by side so I can pass them easier.

Check out rule 66 of the highway code.

Rule 66 also states

"Be considerate of other road users" something cyclists often fail to do when they're pulling out in front of you or weaving in and out of traffic.

• Like 1

Rule 66 also states

"Be considerate of other road users" something cyclists often fail to do when they're pulling out in front of you or weaving in and out of traffic.

I think you're on dodgy ground if you're taking cyclists to task (over motorists) for not being considerate of other road users.
  • Like 2

I assume all this cyclist hate is in keeping with the thread topic of things that piss you off _that shouldn't_?

What should piss you off is the obesity epidemic rather than people trying to get fit, healthy and shed some weight. You can't cycle on the pavement, it's illegal, and it's quite easy to kill someone.

The lycra and all the gear helps go a teeny bit faster so the cyclist can get out of your way quicker.

It IS much safer to ride side by side. And as a driver I much prefer cyclists to be side by side so I can pass them easier. If they're all in a line you have no chance of getting past before a car comes the other way. When they're 2 abreast you can go past with just a bit more room than you'd normally give them.

Finally, sometimes you have to swerve all over the road. You're either completely knackered from attempting to keep a speed which doesn't hold everyone up, or the road surface is utterly shit and you're trying not to be flung off your bike under a Freelander's wheel so have to avoid pot holes and drains.

Apologies for ruining the joviality. I know everyone is a big health fan anyway and applauds anyone trying not to die too soon. :)

Back on topic - The fact I can't wear jeans to work. That pisses me off (but shouldn't) (sorry donnie). In fact, wouldn't the thread title be better like that?

**** off, hippy

• Like 3

**** off, hippy

I bet he's a vegan.

Animals also have equal rights but you don't see them working in the stock market or flying planes or cycling down bloody main roads... Nope they know their place which is in a field or a zoo or on a dinner plate

So cyclists should also follow the pecking order

Animals also have equal rights but you don't see them working in the stock market or flying planes or cycling down bloody main roads... Nope they know their place which is in a field or a zoo or on a dinner plate

So cyclists should also follow the pecking order

Shouldn't be allowed out of the velodrome.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â