Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The slim chance of seeing Guided By Voices play in the UK again is over, as they've split up. :(  Them recording six albums, in four years was good though. I'm sure Bob Pollard will release at least another 7 solo albums, before the end of the year, so maybe he'll come over for some solo shows. Plus there's now chance of a Boston Spaceship reunion!  

Dave, did I read correctly that Robert Pollard has a terrible fear of flying? I recall a few years back I was desperate to go to this http://matablog.matadorrecords.com/2010/06/29/matador-21-in-las-vegas-oct-1-3-let-the-crazy-speculation-begin/ A Matador records 21st birthday show, we were even in Vegas at the same time, loved the majority of the bands, but they priced us out of it. Kind of wish I had gone if only for Pavement and GBV.

• Like 1

Dave, did I read correctly that Robert Pollard has a terrible fear of flying? I recall a few years back I was desperate to go to this http://matablog.matadorrecords.com/2010/06/29/matador-21-in-las-vegas-oct-1-3-let-the-crazy-speculation-begin/ A Matador records 21st birthday show, we were even in Vegas at the same time, loved the majority of the bands, but they priced us out of it. Kind of wish I had gone if only for Pavement and GBV.

Yeah that was an amazing line up. I looked into going to that myself, but didn't for similar reasons. I've already seen most of the bands on the list before anyway. Not sure about Bob being afraid of flying. I did see GBV two years in a row at Leeds festival (including Bob coming on stage with the Strokes to do Salty Salute) (sd), so he does fly. Must have been paying him a fortune, so he manned up for the pay cheque.

• Like 1

Its ok, your post was a bit pointlessly rubbish anyway so tell her thanks and ask her to stay for as long as possible :thumb:

Needlessly mean. Is there something in your life making you unhappy Ingram?

The point I was hoping to make is that the only time it's ok to endanger the lives of children or other people in general is when they're on a bike and you're in a car. Then you can drive up close to them or swerve in front of them to make them brake suddenly and it's to be celebrated as an act of protest against cyclists who don't even pay road tax. Driving a lethal weapon in a manner that would intimidate and endanger cyclists should not be something that you boast about with any degree of pride anywhere, and yet it's fine. I guess it's just road rage. Boasting about road rage is like boasting about getting an ASBO.

• Like 1

Its ok, your post was a bit pointlessly rubbish anyway so tell her thanks and ask her to stay for as long as possible :thumb:

The point I was hoping to make is that the only time it's ok to endanger the lives of children or other people in general is when they're on a bike and you're in a car. Then you can drive up close to them or swerve in front of them to make them brake suddenly and it's to be celebrated as an act of protest against cyclists who don't even pay road tax. Driving a lethal weapon in a manner that would intimidate and endanger cyclists should not be something that you boast about with any degree of pride anywhere, and yet it's fine. I guess it's just road rage. Boasting about road rage is like boasting about getting an ASBO.

Its ok to have road rage but its not ok to have road rage? Edited by Ingram85

Waiting to hear from an interview is **** torture, just put me out of my goddamn misery already.  Can't stop glancing at the damn phone every 5 minutes, it has not been a productive day.  :bang:

Did you apply for another job just because your current place were planning on putting you on a higher floor? ;)

• Like 1

Waiting to hear from an interview is **** torture, just put me out of my goddamn misery already.  Can't stop glancing at the damn phone every 5 minutes, it has not been a productive day.  :bang:

Did you apply for another job just because your current place were planning on putting you on a higher floor? ;)

I think they were planning on "letting him go" in case the company photo suddenly acquired a few extra beards 

• Like 1

Its ok to have road rage but its not ok to have road rage?

It is considered OK, even encouraged, to have road rage against cyclists, even though they are the most vulnerable road users. Like the way it's ok to physically discipline your child, but if you hit a man on the street you'll go to jail.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â