Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I've never had much trouble with my current car, but last year (or the year before, I think) Paddywhack and I were driving to the Norwich cup game and BOTH my headlights went. That was odd.

You forgot to apologise to Donnie.
I'm done with that shit! It's gone mainstream so I'm starting a new trend.... HOW ABOUT THAT FOR A POST?

^ do you think it will catch on?

Hmm I didn't much care for it's tone, to be honest. Potty mouth.

some do gooder clocked me for speeding the other day

I am close to actually going postal on cyclists , they are effing everywhere

Audi driver  :)

I saved you a whole bunch of letters you can now use in another post. Don't mention it.

• Like 3

He was only going 33mph.

Through a children's home full of disabled orphans, with a phobia of short men in Audi's.

Whilst playing Big Country tapes really loud (I believe they just missed out on the compact disc revolution).

• Like 2

some do gooder clocked me for speeding the other day

I am close to actually going postal on cyclists , they are effing everywhere

I read that as you saying "I am a driver who pays no heed to speed limits and who has no regard for other road users" or to put it more bluntly "I am a dangerous idiot". Did i misread ? :)

Oi ,  less of the dangerous  .....

• Like 1

He was only going 33mph.

Through a children's home full of disabled orphans, with a phobia of short men in Audi's.

Whilst playing Big Country tapes really loud (I believe they just missed out on the compact disc revolution).

I've been hunting for a children's home for a disabled orphan I know who has a phobia of men in shorts. I mis-read your post and got so excited. 

Tut, so close.

He was only going 33mph.

30 years since the release of Steeltown

funnily enough , much as I love them ,  if ever an album dated badly this is it .... it was written against a back drop of Reagan , Thatcher , Trident and nuclear threat , miners strikes , closure of British industry , Falklands war  and so on

some great lyrics , such an under rated songwriter

Sons of men who stand like Gods

We give life to feed the cause

And run to ground our heathen foe

Our name will never die this time will be forever

Edit : should add that the song I linked to is followed up on the album by a song about a widow lamenting the loss of her husband dying in the "glorious" war  .. sheer poetry

Edited by tonyh29

When there's a set of traffic lights in the distance, I like driving round cyclists, then getting my car right up against the curb so that they have no way past when we get to the lights. If my car can't slip in between other road users, then neither can you! Mr fluorescent!

• Like 2

Are cyclists allowed to use bus lanes? On the way to work there's a small dual carriageway that stops to a crawl as you approach an island and there's a bus lane on the left handside since it's a residential area. When you approach the island you can move into the bus lane because it turns into the left hand lane for the first exit off the roundabout. The other day I indicated out and did my checks but must have missed a cyclist because I pulled out and he had to swerve to avoid me. I apologised, naturally, though he was fuming and being a dick about the whole thing and kept looking back at me and shaking his head but should he have been using the bus lane all that time anyway?

Edited by Ginko

Bikes are fine as long as;

If there's >1, they're in single file.

They follow the traffic light signals.

They wear protective gear.

They don't wear ear phones.

If the rider is hefty, they can't wear lycra.

I don't drive my car along cycle paths so it's only fair that cyclists don't ride down roads

same goes for those nazi women on horses who wave their whip at you when you don't give 600 ft clearance and drive faster than 4 mph  when going past them as they take maythehorsebewithyou or whatever stupid name they've given it out on a busy road at peak times ...

Edited by tonyh29

Yeah well, isn't it something like cyclists aren't allowed on pavements if their wheels are so big? I guess the thinking is that cyclists on pavements endangers pedestrians but cyclists on roads endangers cyclists so it's up to them if they want to take the risk.

Yeah well, isn't it something like cyclists aren't allowed on pavements if their wheels are so big? I guess the thinking is that cyclists on pavements endangers pedestrians but cyclists on roads endangers cyclists so it's up to them if they want to take the risk.

it's a leisure activity .. go cycle in the woods or parks or specially made cycle tracks that councils  have built

only people with an excuse to cycle on the roads / pavements are postmen and paperboys ... though it seems the world is so dangerous now that paperboys get driven around by armed parents in a 4 by 4

Ever driven round Cambridge? Place is full of the buggers.

I'm sure many cyclists would argue it isn't a leisure activity but a legitimate form of transport that they need for work.

Edited by Ginko

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â