Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Stewart Lee thinks he's a genius.

Fixed. He's good, but he's a pretentious bugger.  I'd love to go and see him though.

The arrogant, pretentiousness is just his 'act'. In 'real' life he is nothing like his on stage persona. The on stage Lee is like Partridge is to Coogan.

I was just going to post the same thing. I remember an interview with him recently where he said he was still amazed that people came up and chatted to him expecting him to be the same character off stage.

Yup, there's a reason he's so highly rated amongst other comics. They see what they do as an art that goes beyond just "telling jokes" and they recognise him as being one of the greatest artists out there. I understand why someone looking for light entertainment would be put off by his delivery method but to me it's just a testament to his skill as a performer. Can you imagine Russell Howard or someone like that trying to pull that off?

Edited by B94villa
  • Like 2

Stewart Lee thinks he's a genius.

Fixed. He's good, but he's a pretentious bugger.  I'd love to go and see him though.

The arrogant, pretentiousness is just his 'act'. In 'real' life he is nothing like his on stage persona. The on stage Lee is like Partridge is to Coogan.

I was just going to post the same thing. I remember an interview with him recently where he said he was still amazed that people came up and chatted to him expecting him to be the same character off stage.

Does this mean Jack Dee isn't grumpy and Al Murray hasn't got a pub?

Dylan Moran is one of my favourites, I like the way everything is shit apart from alcohol.... 

I went to a 'Best of the Fest' at the fringe last year and he came on and did 20 minutes. He wasn't on the bill or anything and apparently he hadn't done stand up for a fair few years.

He was absolutely steaming, drinking whisky and stumbling around the stage, slurring his words. He was still great though.

Interior Bunting. The bottom of the barrel approach to interior decoration when you lack imagination.

**** hate bunting.

I stayed in a house once where the owner had gone to Nepal or Tibet or some place like that where they have the bunting everywhere, she brought some back as a souvenir and I thought it looked pretty cool.

But yeah, doing it for the sake of it is crap.

There are a number of streets here covered with Union flag bunting. Bunting between houses, bunting between lamp posts, bunting across the street, bunting along windowsills, bunting along fences, bunting bunting bunting. Topped off with massive Union flags and the occasional Israeli flag for reasons best known to themselves.

Are you all my dad's mates?

I can't speak for everyone else, but yes, I would consider myself a mate of Geoff.

Yea, me too.

Anyone else Geoff's mate?

My dad wouldn't laugh at this you know, he doesn't find girls funny!

Haha...gotcha.. ^_^

Are you all my dad's mates?

I can't speak for everyone else, but yes, I would consider myself a mate of Geoff.

Yea, me too.

Anyone else Geoff's mate?

My dad wouldn't laugh at this you know, he doesn't find girls funny!

Haha...gotcha.. ^_^

I don't think your dad has ever laughed, at anyone though! :lol::P

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â