Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I still can't make my mind up about morbid obesity. I want to disregard the whole "It's hormonal" thing as a pathetic excuse.

But on the other hand, I actually cannot conceive how anybody could possibly eat enough food to get like that. It just seems impossible.

Its not as simple as being greedy though is it.

I know people who eat nothing but snacks, crisps and junk food all day at work then more crap at night. They do no exercise and still remain perfectly slim. Others who watch the calories with every bite and try to work really hard to get weight off and it just doesn't happen.

Peoples bodies just work differently (more/less efficiently).

I've (unintentionally) observed the plight of an office colleague who has gone from fat to obese within about 12 months. I've noticed that, typically, people do make an effort to lose some weight, at some stage. But evidently, not enough effort, so they give up and the subsequent depression just leads to further "binge eating" and the problem seems to manifest itself in an unhappy circle where food is both the problem and solution to their issues.

Fat-Bastard.jpg

"I eat because I'm sad and I'm sad because I eat".

"Baby back ribs, baby baby baby baby back ribs.."

I still can't make my mind up about morbid obesity. I want to disregard the whole "It's hormonal" thing as a pathetic excuse.

But on the other hand, I actually cannot conceive how anybody could possibly eat enough food to get like that. It just seems impossible.

This. I feel like throwing up if I'm forced to eat multiple portions and thus I find it hard to believe how someone becomes morbidly obese because they would have to literally eat like that (and much more :shock:) every day.

Oh, I understand the psychology of it all too well. I can easily get into the habit of eating lots of fried food, cakes and chocolate myself - and I find it a hard habit to break. But the upshot is never more than a bit of a "spare tyre". OK, I probably stave off the worst effects with the running, but the fact remains that I don't turn into a huge blob.

To get like that I reckon I'd have to eat at least four or five times as much junk food as I do - and I just physically couldn't do that. I'd reach a limit where I'd be bored with it, or it would make me throw up, or it simply wouldn't go down my throat!

I can put away a full English with the best of them, but once I have, I don't feel like eating for hours afterwards. I believe there is a known condition where the brain cannot recognise that the body has had enough, so you actually feel hungry all the time. But even if I had that, I still think I wouldn't be able to get it all down.

It's mind-boggling.

I believe there is a known condition where the brain cannot recognise that the body has had enough, so you actually feel hungry all the time.

There is indeed. There's also a more simpler 'speed' issue. It takes the brain a few minutes to get the signals from the stomach. The quicker you eat, the bigger the disparity between what you've eaten and how full you think you are. I've always been a very fast eater and I've often found myself beached after a meal because by the time my brain has caught up, it's way too late :)

I believe there is a known condition where the brain cannot recognise that the body has had enough, so you actually feel hungry all the time.

There is indeed. There's also a more simpler 'speed' issue. It takes the brain a few minutes to get the signals from the stomach. The quicker you eat, the bigger the disparity between what you've eaten and how full you think you are. I've always been a very fast eater and I've often found myself beached after a meal because by the time my brain has caught up, it's way too late :)

I get that too, so because i eat quickly, i actually 'think' im fuller than i actually am?

I get that too, so because i eat quickly, i actually 'think' im fuller than i actually am?

Other way around. Because you eat too quickly, you don't realise how full you are until it's too late and you are then overfull.

I know people who eat nothing but snacks, crisps and junk food all day at work then more crap at night. They do no exercise and still remain perfectly slim.

8)

Amen brother! Thank the metabolism.

I know people who eat nothing but snacks, crisps and junk food all day at work then more crap at night. They do no exercise and still remain perfectly slim.

8)

But what is happening on the inside!?

"can i have a heart attack at 35 with extra mayo and a large fries please!"

8)

Wait 'till you hit 21 my fellow Theocsburian... you'll soon learn. :twisted:

People who lose/break their phone all the **** time. Too many status' on facebook "Lost my phone numbers please..." "My phone broke numbers please." Take better personal care and don't drink so bloody much.

Agree with this.

I know a guy who is on his 3rd iPhone in about 6 months. I've had mine 12 months and it is still in near perfect condition. He asked me the other day how I haven't smashed it to pieces by now.

Because I'm not a **** spastic was my answer.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â