Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Do you crack one off into the cement mixer instead of using soap?

not these days as the NHBC are clamping down on that sort of thing, but imagine the toilet off trainspotting and thats the kind of surroundings i have to put up with.

I go for a shit at work even if I don't need one. 10-15 minutes away from my desk and getting paid for it. It's kind of my fag break, my 'log break' if you will.

I laughed out loud at 'log break' and my mum asked what was so funny. I told her and she laughed too.

I go for a shit at work even if I don't need one. 10-15 minutes away from my desk and getting paid for it. It's kind of my fag break, my 'log break' if you will.

I laughed out loud at 'log break' and my mum asked what was so funny. I told her and she laughed too.

:D I bet she had a mid cycle period when you told her about mine!!!!! :D:) :) :D

tonyh that's awesome.  I hope it does say how many times. On a related note I would pay a 2 figure sum to see who has viewed my facebook page.

Could you imagine how much trouble we'd all be in if that were even possible?

Er, it is.

There's a log of who has viewed your page.

We tried this, it works...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's merely the list of people who appear in the "chat" window, in that order.

• Like 1

Casual Fridays, looks so unprofessional to go from wearing a Suit Monday to Thursday and then people in white Nike's and Tshirts. I think it creates a can't it wait until Monday environment. I've a very important meeting at 4-5pm today and worry I won't get the agreements I need from it.

Maybe this is a thing that pisses me off that should?

• Like 1

Casual Fridays, looks so unprofessional to go from wearing a Suit Monday to Thursday and then people in white Nike's and Tshirts. I think it creates a can't it wait until Monday environment. I've a very important meeting at 4-5pm today and worry I won't get the agreements I need from it.

That is a notoriously shit time to schedule a meeting to get ANYTHING done important or not.

That is a notoriously shit time to schedule a meeting to get ANYTHING done important or not.

I completely agree, the meeting was scheduled for 3pm yesterday but it was mpved because one of the people I need to have attend decided to work from home. The only available slot for everyone today was 4pm. We can't have it next week as the manager of the Dev team is on 2 weeks holidays and I need him to stop throwing up blockers for work to start.

No wonder this stupid ass bank was Nationalised. Culture is shocking, not to mention loads of criminals probably still have their jobs here.

yeah i'd be pissed off having to wear a suit Mon to Thurs as well

the rule is simple  .... good at your job wear what you want otherwise wear a suit  ...... suits are for funerals and weddings only

• Like 2

What if you're good at your job but want to wear a suit?

I've never met such a person  :P

but seriously what if the sun is out and its 80 degrees outside  , would you really want to be in a suit  ?

even the aforementioned meeting sounds like its an internal staff meeting , so who and how is the suit going to impress ?

what if the sun is out and its 80 degrees outside  , would you really want to be in a suit  ?

Trick question, I live in England.

Suits aren't just to impress though. You don't go to a funeral to impress people, do you? :lol:

It makes people take things more seriously. Like CVB says, if someone is in bootcut stonewash jeans and shit running trainers they clearly don't give a shit.

• Like 1

what if the sun is out and its 80 degrees outside  , would you really want to be in a suit  ?

Suits aren't just to impress though. You don't go to a funeral to impress people, do you? :lol:

It makes people take things more seriously. Like CVB says, if someone is in bootcut stonewash jeans and shit running trainers they clearly don't give a shit.

I tend to agree with this.

It's for your own benefit as much as anything, I personally find that it's important to go into 'work mode' in order to get the most out of my day. For the same reason, working from home is a no-go.

• Like 1

yeah i'd be pissed off having to wear a suit Mon to Thurs as well

the rule is simple  .... good at your job wear what you want otherwise wear a suit  ...... suits are for funerals and weddings only

It would be different it there were no suits Mon to Fri. But having that then having a casual Friday every week generates laziness and a can it wait till monday attitude.

To suddenly, completely remove wearing of suits from Buisness would be a big and drastic culture shock which might have bad effects on a company.

Wearing a suit to work puts you in a different frame of mind than you are when you throw on some jeans and a Tshirt. You are in work to work.

If you got rid of any dress code you would have meetings where some people have dressed in a shirt and slacks and some who are in some crappy Tshirt, jeans and Nikes. You are going to make an preconsception about the people who don't dress in more fomal attire. Right or wrong that is what happens.

Take interviewing someone, if they dress shabbily, jhaven't shaven or even if they are very fat. That gives the impression of a lazy person. Again right or wrong that is what people do, take impressions from people based on appearance.

I disagree. I'm sat at my desk... polo shirt, shorts, birkenstocks..... working hard.... posting on VT... oh wait.....

I disagree. I'm sat at my desk... polo shirt, shorts, birkenstocks..... working hard.... posting on VT... oh wait.....

You're wearing sandals? And you're not on holiday?

I thought you were better than that.

Â