Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I went on a Helicopter trip into the Grand Canyon on my wedding day B)

Wedding photos in our suits/dresses were great :D

Bit different to arrival at English stately home for traditional wedding ceremony.

Anyway, I'm only pissed off because I can't do it....... quote requested.

I read Eames's post as the information was for those guests who would be turning up in helicopters.

You had a slight advantage over me in that you actually read what was on the screen :)
  • Like 1

I read Eames's post as the information was for those guests who would be turning up in helicopters.

Yes.  Guests who eat 'supper' rather than 'tea' I expect.....

Oh, they'll eat tea, too - only some time around four in the afternoon, probably.

Anyway, given the occasion, the meal on offer would be a breakfast, surely?

• Like 1

Oh, they'll eat tea, too - only some time around four in the afternoon, probably.

Anyway, given the occasion, the meal on offer would be a breakfast, surely?

Touché sir!

Ricky Gervais is to make a film starring himself as David Brent.......

Let it go, you one-trick unfunny clearing in the woods.

(I did like The Office but cannot stand Gervais and his perma-gurning visage)

• Like 1

Ricky Gervais is to make a film starring himself as David Brent.......

Let it go, you one-trick unfunny clearing in the woods.

(I did like The Office but cannot stand Gervais and his perma-gurning visage)

I quite enjoyed Ghost town and the invention of lying , for that matter  , however his cameos in The Simpsons have been annoying

I was fortunate  enough to be living outside the Uk when the Office came out so I'd never seen it , just heard people banging on about it   .. courtesy of UK Gold and insomnia I've now seen a few episodes but don't really think it's that good , does have it's moments though

• Like 1

The Office and Extras were superb as was his XFM radio show and early Podcasts / Audiobooks.

Not keen on him recently though...

• Like 3

I thought The Office and Extras were both good but he just seems to play the same character time and time again and it's gone beyond being funny.... he's now up there with Lenny Henry IMO (he's THAT bad!!!) so expect David Brent to advertise Travelodge in a couple of years.

It's that laugh. Is he even a person when he laughs like that? Human yes, but in terms of something that can actually contribute to a conversation and help carry things in from the car I would say probably not.

• Like 1

Well a lot of the time, he's just being himself. I can't see how you could consider his actual acting work (The Office, Extras, Derek) to be similar characters at all. Similar styles of comedy for the shows maybe, but certainly not the same character.

I thought The Office and Extras were both good but he just seems to play the same character time and time again and it's gone beyond being funny.... he's now up there with Lenny Henry IMO (he's THAT bad!!!) so expect David Brent to advertise Travelodge in a couple of years.

I don't think David Brent and Andy Millman (his character from Extras) are the same character at all. I think the confusion comes from Gervais's style of comedy and his unique mannerisms, like when he says, 'Well...' at the start of all his sentences.

I think he's a bit of an arrogant arsehole but I love The Office, Extras, The Ricky Gervais Show and An Idiot Abroad. I don't think Karl Pilkington is really as dumb or daft as he makes out though. I think he plays an exaggerated parody of himself, but it's funny so who cares?

• Like 1

Clearly have't seen Derek then.

• Like 1

A lot of Gervais's comedy revolves around cringing to be fair, The Office certainly. An Idiot Abroad has elements of it too but Karl sometimes gets his comeuppance. I watched one recently where he was in China and went to see an attraction with lots of dwarves. He phoned up Warwick Davis to tell him how great it was and Davis put him well and truly in his place.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â