Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My dad came about 62 when he was 12. From what I hear sounds like they worked like crazy and things were pretty tough. But everybody was very close to each other.

What did your Dad do? Mine was a mechanic and a bus and lorry driver.

My Mammy came over when she was 16 in 1979 and basically cleaned most of Birmingham by the sounds of it.

They met in 83, married in 85, conceived Birmingham's greatest son (In Walsall) in 86, my sister was born in 92 (Took my Mammy a long time to get over pushing me out I think plus my Dada worked away a lot so they didn't see much of each other), divorced in 99 and now my Mammy's gone back to Ireland with my Step-Dad (A Pakistani Gentleman, Mammy Melting Pot :)) and brother whilst my Dada flits around thinking he's a jet-setting lothario making the odd appearance beside me down at B6 :D

Did your Grandad serve during WW2? My Grandad was in the Royal and Merchant Navy. He ended up staying in longer than he had to, as there was really need for experienced sailors. He went all over the world, and had been just about everywhere in the world that has a port. I loved his war stories, although he did used to wind us up, about fighting the Japanese, and them doing Kung Fu.

Yeah he did, I wonder if they knew each other? My Grandpa's name was 'Sugar' :) I don't know what to make of it haha.

I could never understand most of what he said. He built his own house out of bits and bobs and I don't think he ever went in to a shop in his life.

He used to go fishing etc and would never put more clothing on than a tight pair of shorts.

He used to set fire to a lot of stuff as well :blink:

He used to drive the most dangerous bike in the most dangerous way too. I was on the back once and we fell down this big pit/well type thing :D

Funnily enough my dad was also a mechanic and then a bus driver and has been for as long as I remember. He has always lived in Walsall too.

Where about in Walsall were you born?

• Like 1

Walsall Manor Hospital.
No better place to be born. But which area did you live in?

Was it Pleck?

Park Hall.

Nice area, not to far from where I am now. But I've gone totally off topic so I better add something that pisses me off that shouldn't......people that bring up Villa if you are having a general conversation and a negative opinion of their team gets mentioned.

• Like 1

As a kid I was of influencial age whilst the whole two tone / skin / suedehead thing was having it's revival. It got me into the music as the obvious entry point to the culture, but was quickly followed by devouring the easy reading pulp of Colin MacInnes. Books like City of Spades, Mr Love and Justice, Absolute Beginners.

In a town that had real black and asian people, it was only through reading about and listening to black people from the previous generation I realised they might just be people and not 'other' as my local upbringing had suggested.

From there I ended up in the same social circle as a local 'brown' girl in 8P's parlance. From there I met her genuine first generation immigrant dad and within minutes we'd arranged our own afternoon of musical top trumps. I took a pile of records over his place, I'd play one then he'd play one of his. Admittedly his taste was a bit more calypso than I'd been hoping, but it was an absolute delight.

The fact that it mightily pissed off my parents was just a little side benefit.

Perhaps this should have be in the 'Great' Britain thread not TTPYOTS.

• Like 4

My dad came about 62 when he was 12. From what I hear sounds like they worked like crazy and things were pretty tough. But everybody was very close to each other.

What did your Dad do? Mine was a mechanic and a bus and lorry driver.

My Mammy came over when she was 16 in 1979 and basically cleaned most of Birmingham by the sounds of it.

They met in 83, married in 85, conceived Birmingham's greatest son (In Walsall) in 86, my sister was born in 92 (Took my Mammy a long time to get over pushing me out I think plus my Dada worked away a lot so they didn't see much of each other), divorced in 99 and now my Mammy's gone back to Ireland with my Step-Dad (A Pakistani Gentleman, Mammy Melting Pot :)) and brother whilst my Dada flits around thinking he's a jet-setting lothario making the odd appearance beside me down at B6 :D

Did your Grandad serve during WW2? My Grandad was in the Royal and Merchant Navy. He ended up staying in longer than he had to, as there was really need for experienced sailors. He went all over the world, and had been just about everywhere in the world that has a port. I loved his war stories, although he did used to wind us up, about fighting the Japanese, and them doing Kung Fu.

Yeah he did, I wonder if they knew each other? My Grandpa's name was 'Sugar' :) I don't know what to make of it haha.

I could never understand most of what he said. He built his own house out of bits and bobs and I don't think he ever went in to a shop in his life.

He used to go fishing etc and would never put more clothing on than a tight pair of shorts.

He used to set fire to a lot of stuff as well :blink:

He used to drive the most dangerous bike in the most dangerous way too. I was on the back once and we fell down this big pit/well type thing :D

Funnily enough my dad was also a mechanic and then a bus driver and has been for as long as I remember. He has always lived in Walsall too.

Apologies for the multi-quote but I wanted to say how I liked this particular exchange (and the posts running off it).

Here's a bit of 'history' for you Mr Gove (I know he's **** off now) and here's a bit of culture for you (whichever layabout shite has picked out that plum job).

• Like 1

Any sort of welsh accent at the moment.

Blame the cowboy builder lot who have done the external cladding of our houses.

I always liked the welsh accent (even went out with a girl from Pontypridd once - nice and fulsome breasts, is it) - Jiffy, Max Boyce, Gareth Edwards, Tom Jones and so on.

Hear it now and I want to strangle someone.

Sorry, Chrisp et al. Have a word with anyone from the Pontypool area who is 'in building' and tell them.... well just tell them to **** off.

Edited by snowychap

Any sort of welsh accent at the moment.

Blame the cowboy builder lot who have done the external cladding of our houses.

I always liked the welsh accent (even went out with a girl from Pontypridd once - nice and fulsome breasts, is it) - Jiffy, Max Boyce, Gareth Edwards, Tom Jones and so on.

Hear it now and I want to strangle someone.

Sorry, Chrisp et al. Have a word with anyone from the Pontypool area who is 'in building' and tell them.... well just tell them to **** off.

My mate Rhod is from Pontypool, and he comes and watched the Villa with me at least once a season. He works for Torfaen Council though, not as a builder.

it pisses me off how everyone in england has the same accent

can't tell 'em apart

yam yam yam yam yam yam wae aye like guvnor shut it you slaaag awright moy luverlies zzzoiderrrr

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â