Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I used to have a few people on there, about a year ago, but no one now.

I've currently got 4 people, one of them I click the view it anyway if I fancy a laugh, the other 3 I find myself disagreeing with every single post to the point where it's not worth even reading them.

I'd quite like a dislike button. Either that or some function that means the posts from people I have set on ignore are hidden even when they're quoted by other people.

The On Topic VT forum would be about 4 posts long, if I used this function.

• Like 1

I used to have a few people on there, about a year ago, but no one now.

I've currently got 4 people, one of them I click the view it anyway if I fancy a laugh, the other 3 I find myself disagreeing with every single post to the point where it's not worth even reading them.

You are a regular in the main section of the site, unlike most of us in off topic.

Liking one of the aforementioned negative posts is effectively as negative as a dislike button. And it wouldn't have to show up like er... a like. It could just hide that post and any post that quoted it to save you from the oringinal post's mind melting drivel being multiquoted for pages. The person who posted the original could either see the dislikes or not, I don't think it really matters.

I don't think limpid has control over the implementation of such a thing so I doubt we'll have to worry about it bringing any negativity any time soon.

The only option with the current software is to disallow quoting altogether. I think that would make the forum unusable.

• Like 1

I'd quite like a dislike button. Either that or some function that means the posts from people I have set on ignore are hidden even when they're quoted by other people.

I've always felt ignoring people is a tad rude

they may spout some weird crap and I may not agree but they are entitled to say what they want (as long as they don't' try and circumvent the swear filter :P) and i'll always give the courtesy of reading it , much as I would hope they did the same with the crap i spout  ....

this is the point we find out I'm on hundreds of ignore lists and nobody can see this post 

• Like 4

If I didn't want to read opposing views I wouldn't be on a forum in the first place. So there's no one on my ignore list even though there are people whose views I regularly disagree with and sometimes find distasteful.

• Like 4

I don't mind people having a difference of opinion to me any way, no matter how ridiculous (Gerrard wasn't good in the 2006 fa cup final :bang: ). As long as they keep within the site guidelines and don't resort to childish insults.

they may spout some weird crap and I may not agree but they are entitled to say what they want (as long as they don't' try and circumvent the swear filter :P) and i'll always give the courtesy of reading it , much as I would hope they did the same with the crap i spout  ....

That's a valid point but there comes a point where I can't bear to read the same cobblers off the same guy over and over again. One of them posted the SAME EXACT SENTENCE about 30 frigging times.

There are people who have opposing views on a lot of On Topic threads but they put them across well and don't just repetitively make the same misguided point over and over.

You lot have more patience than I do evidently.

Â