Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I don't understand why the pepper spray tweet bothers you so much.

Simply on this, I can. I think Stefan's problem is that one can rarely win here (apologies if I've misconstrued him).

No matter how much of a decent and normal human being (man in this case) one is, there would appear that, by that comment, there is no way out of a woman feeling that she needs to fear each and every man that may be 'near her'.

There is, or ought to be, a deal of difference between being afraid and being careful.

There is too much fear in the world - most of it is promulgated by those with a vested interest in keeping people fearful.

• Like 4

Bringing the kid into the doctor on call and been prescribed medication that makes her worse visit + medication 80 euro 

then having to go back to the regular gp who says she shouldn't have been prescribed that medication at all ...cost for that visit 40+20 medication !!!!!

Edited by Meath_Villan

The number of journos / papers / ex footballers tweeting about things that happened 15 and 25 years a go

It's like 32 years a go didn't happen to anyone but us :(

Makes it more special for us, the chosen few. We don't need media attention, and false sentiment. We know what happened. We know what this club achieved. We'll never forget. 

Never understood the acclaim some people give Pixies, but then, people don't understand the acclaim I give The Stone Roses.

Takes all sorts s'pose

It's a matter of opinion. Judging one against the other seems silly, when you sit and think about it. It's just a matter of taste. From a personal point of view, I find the Roses to be quite derivative, where as the Pixies were not without their influences, but seemed to create something different and fresh. Plus I find Pixies influenced bands to be a whole lot more tolerable, than Stone Roses influenced bands. Again, that's just down to personal taste though.  

Never understood the acclaim some people give Pixies, but then, people don't understand the acclaim I give The Stone Roses.

Takes all sorts s'pose

It's a matter of opinion. Judging one against the other seems silly, when you sit and think about it. It's just a matter of taste. From a personal point of view, I find the Roses to be quite derivative, where as the Pixies were not without their influences, but seemed to create something different and fresh. Plus I find Pixies influenced bands to be a whole lot more tolerable, than Stone Roses influenced bands. Again, that's just down to personal taste though.  

I wasn't comparing the two bands though.  I was just using them as two examples to actually back up your first sentence in bold.

Never heard them described as 'derivative' though, that's a new one!

Takes all sorts s'pose

I wasn't comparing the two bands though.  I was just using them as two examples to actually back up your first sentence in bold.

Wasn't actually saying you compared the two. It was just a statement, and if anything I was agreeing with you. Happy to put it down as a misunderstanding though. 

As for them being derivative, I would say they totally are. They were heavily influenced by 60s bands, and on more than one occasion, I've heard their debut album described as sounding like, "The Best of The Byrds." I happen to like them by the way. I've seen Ian Brown live, and he was excellent (shock horror!). I sang along to the Roses songs at the top of my voice like everyone else.  

So continuing the debate from last night about this hashtag. What do people think of this?

Women generalize men in order to survive, or else they get raped, beaten, killed, etc. at a far, far greater rate than men do.

But no, let's talk about how your ego is bruised because people are criticizing the low standards men set for their themselves on a moral level instead of, ya know, actually defending and protecting women from the men you claim so hard not to be/associate with.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32674615&postcount=300

So continuing the debate from last night about this hashtag. What do people think of this?

Women generalize men in order to survive, or else they get raped, beaten, killed, etc. at a far, far greater rate than men do.

But no, let's talk about how your ego is bruised because people are criticizing the low standards men set for their themselves on a moral level instead of, ya know, actually defending and protecting women from the men you claim so hard not to be/associate with.

Stef,

All you can do is be yourself, be a nice guy. Understand that there are people of both sexes that are exceptionally pre occupied with 'winning'. Be that proving women are no more than servants and sex objects or women proving all men are rapists and titty ogglers. Yeah, all sorts of everyone exist in this world. You can protect and / or apologise for everyone. So do your bit and be nice. But don't be a door mat. Be yourself, if the women around you don't like that and you're happy that who you are is decent, then move on to different people until you find women or friends or work colleagues that are cool enough to be strong independent individuals that might also occassionally fancy you.

Put it this way, if you had teenage daughters what would your advice be? Distrust all rapist murdering men? Get out there and do what you're told and flash your money maker? Try and be careful and not get cornered by the bad guys on the way to meeting a bloke you want to be with or the job you want to do?

Relax. Be nice. If you're cool, then they don't mean you. 

• Like 3

Takes all sorts s'pose

Wasn't actually saying you compared the two. It was just a statement, and if anything I was agreeing with you. Happy to put it down as a misunderstanding though. 

As for them being derivative, I would say they totally are. They were heavily influenced by 60s bands, and on more than one occasion, I've heard their debut album described as sounding like, "The Best of The Byrds." I happen to like them by the way. I've seen Ian Brown live, and he was excellent (shock horror!). I sang along to the Roses songs at the top of my voice like everyone else.  

personally, and it's all about personal taste. I'd say the Stone Roses are one of the most derivative bands ever. But luckily, they are also superb. They've taken some pretty standard tunes and somehow added that undefinable magic.

Don't worry about what other people think about the music you like. Unless you like heavy metal, in which case if your older than 13 have a serious word with yourself.

Stef,

All you can do is be yourself, be a nice guy. Understand that there are people of both sexes that are exceptionally pre occupied with 'winning'. Be that proving women are no more than servants and sex objects or women proving all men are rapists and titty ogglers. Yeah, all sorts of everyone exist in this world. You can protect and / or apologise for everyone. So do your bit and be nice. But don't be a door mat. Be yourself, if the women around you don't like that and you're happy that who you are is decent, then move on to different people until you find women or friends or work colleagues that are cool enough to be strong independent individuals that might also occassionally fancy you.

Put it this way, if you had teenage daughters what would your advice be? Distrust all rapist murdering men? Get out there and do what you're told and flash your money maker? Try and be careful and not get cornered by the bad guys on the way to meeting a bloke you want to be with or the job you want to do?

Relax. Be nice. If you're cool, then they don't mean you. 

I get that. it's just frustrating to be lumped in with a minority. And I don't see how alienating the people who actually want to help does anything to aid the cause.

I will carry on how I am because I don't know any other way.

Troon, she isn't there for your disgusting objectification you sick rapist! #YesAllWomen

She's there for my disgusting objectification too.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 4

This so called 'fashion' of turn ups on shorts - why ? The only person who should possibly want them would be oscar pistorious on a no blade day .

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â