Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Giving ".5" marks in marks out of 10 (eg 8.5/10)

Why not just mark out of 20 and do away with the .5s?

I like this post.

7.475/10

I see the style of humour you have used in your reply and am a fan of that particular style so appreciate it.

20/20.

• Like 2

In Dublin with my lad for the weekend ... Seems one direction are also in town

Next person that asks me if we are here for concert will get a punch in the face

It's all rather weird I can understand 10 year old girls dressing up in 1D outfits but I'm seeing loads and loads of the mums dressed up as well , even having 1D painted on their face

WTF is that all about

This #YesAllWomen trend on Twitter.

I understand and appreciate it raises awareness against certain difficulties women face in everyday life, but it's fairly patronising to seemingly paint all men as total singleminded rapists.

In Dublin with my lad for the weekend ... Seems one direction are also in town

Next person that asks me if we are here for concert will get a punch in the face

It's all rather weird I can understand 10 year old girls dressing up in 1D outfits but I'm seeing loads and loads of the mums dressed up as well , even having 1D painted on their face

WTF is that all about

Ahh middle aged women screaming over teenage boys... not creepy at all! 

berry ‏@detricotage  31m

BECAUSE WE TELL GIRLS TO ALWAYS KEEP AN EYE ON THEIR DRINKS AT A PARTY INSTEAD OF TELLING GUYS NOT TO PUT DRUGS IN THEM #YesAllWomen

Obviously you shouldn't put drugs in somebody's drink. It's common sense regardless of whether you're male or female. Why would you need to teach 'men' that? It's better to tell EVERYBODY to be safe and watch your drinks (because men get spiked as well)

Obviously that isn't the objective but when you trawl through the tweets, many make huge generalisations.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

Frankly, I couldn't give a shit if some generalisations are made. Complaining about it misses the point. Most are anecdotes from personal experience and I'm glad reading them makes a lot of men uncomfortable. If you don't like it, try and do something about it instead of getting annoyed because you may be one of the Nice GuysTM.

What am I meant to do about it?

Continue acting how I currently do with women while having gross generalisations made?

Both genders have stuff to deal with. Women have had it bloody hard in the past but things are miles better now. However, making all men feel like they're all misogynistic bastards because of the actions of some of the people representing our gender makes me uncomfortable.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

What am I meant to do about it?

Continue acting how I currently do with women while having gross generalisations made?

Both genders have stuff to deal with. Women have had it bloody hard in the past but things are miles better now. However, making all men feel like they're all misogynistic bastards because of the actions of some of the people representing our gender makes me uncomfortable.

Stefan, no one's making you feel like that. If you feel that way, that is on you. No one is forcing feelings on you.

What are you meant to do about it? It's pretty simple, really. You're supposed to learn, through some of these tweets, what women go through on a daily basis, and be aware of that. And then maybe, when you see some guys on a bus giving a hard time to some girl who's just trying to get to her next stop, say something about it. That's all.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â