Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

nah, unfortunately it was a 'no phones' site - which sounds far more sinister or secretive than it really is

there are just some sites where for one reason or another, mobile phones are vorbotten 

anyway, I'm still on a blackberry bold so picture quality isn't exactly awesome

The fact some dude on Pointless thought Aretha Franklin recorded on the Motown record label, and even worse, 'Xander thought Sam Cooke did. 

Edited by dAVe80

This article: https://tinyurl.com/p7zqmck

I wonder how many women even know about Scudamore's comments.

I wonder how many of those women were actually outraged.

Then I wonder how many of those women actually do control the purse strings in their house.

And I wonder how many, of those that do, are going to stop their blokes from watching any more football because of what Scudamore said.

I'm guessing it will amount to 0.00000000000000000000001% of the PL's revenue.

The writer also wins the award for the most pretentious sentence to pointlessly drop into an article! Did he really need to tell everyone how wonderfully middle class his area is!? In fact, I'm sure the other two hundred words were only there to pad out his thinly-veiled brag.

Well said!

Scudamore may have come across as a bit of a tit and he shouldn't have used his works email but there is no way he should have lost his job and thankfully that is the case. It was a bit of bravado and 'banter' with his mates on email, I do it. I say things I wouldn't say to people I don't know. Everyone does. I bet the outraged author has said something at some point in time that could be construed as sexist.

People need to stop being so precious. 

Then I wonder how many of those women actually do control the purse strings in their house.

And I wonder how many, of those that do, are going to stop their blokes from watching any more football because of what Scudamore said.

The writer also wins the award for the most pretentious sentence to pointlessly drop into an article! Did he really need to tell everyone how wonderfully middle class his area is!? In fact, I'm sure the other two hundred words were only there to pad out his thinly-veiled brag.

Well said!

Scudamore may have come across as a bit of a tit and he shouldn't have used his works email but there is no way he should have lost his job and thankfully that is the case. It was a bit of bravado and 'banter' with his mates on email, I do it. I say things I wouldn't say to people I don't know. Everyone does. I bet the outraged author has said something at some point in time that could be construed as sexist.

Don't worry about it, the Premier League must now prove it is not sexist and so will inevitably hand over a few more millions to add to the £4.5m the FA donate to Women's football every year.

Women know men are very bad but never bad enough to make their money unacceptable. :)

Expect an announcement soon. 

Edit - fixed :)

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

Half watching the England's worst XI thing on BBC Three. What I really want to hear is the opinion of some pop stars (who I've never heard of), comedians (who I've never heard of) and journalists (who I don't ever recall reading an article by) telling me their opinions on Francis Jeffers and Scott Carson. 

Half watching the England's worst XI thing on BBC Three. What I really want to hear is the opinion of some pop stars (who I've never heard of), comedians (who I've never heard of) and journalists (who I don't ever recall reading an article by) telling me their opinions on Francis Jeffers and Scott Carson. 

So they've just put Vinnie Jones in the team.... With that, I've turned the TV off. 

So they've just put Vinnie Jones in the team.... With that, I've turned the TV off.

he's welsh or is that the joke

Yeah, they acknowledged that he'd been capped by Wales. I'd have turned it off either way, as it was an awful show.

Well said!

Don't worry about it, the Premier League must now prove it is not sexist and so will inevitably hand over a few more millions to add to the £4.5m the FA donate to Women's football every year.

Women know men are very bad but never bad enough to make their money unacceptable. :)

Did you get beaten up by a femininist once?

• Like 2

Accidentally posting in a thread I decided I wouldn't post in any more

Could have sworn I was in general chat ...

Now I've just made myself a liar to myself !!

Vinny Jones is about as Welsh as Andy Townsend is Irish.

People protest voting for the far right.

Young, working class people at that.

Indeed, they just dont see it, they think Farage is just like them, a pint and a fag. Salt of the earth, tell it like it is. He keeps his policies tightly under wraps so no one can go hold on, you are going to do what to the NHS?? 

• Like 1

Well said!

Did you get beaten up by a femininist once?

:)

I am definitely all for feminism but I will spare you the diatribe.

I was merely pointing out that the mostly unquestioned and established expectation that men should in general always subsidise women, is as much an act of sexism as some old goat making jokes which objectify women.

It seemed ironic that one is taken for granted, while the other is the cause of outrage.

But admittedly, I know the subject is taboo, and so it was a bit daring. :)  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â