Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Was it **** an open bar £4.20 a **** pint, I took two hip flasks with me cuz I ain't paying their shit prices

I haven't even put the telly on or anything since I've been back home, I'm just enjoying the silence of my own home

• Like 1

Was it **** an open bar £4.20 a **** pint, I took two hip flasks with me cuz I ain't paying their shit prices

I haven't even put the telly on or anything since I've been back home, I'm just enjoying the silence of my own home

Don't listen to the voices then.

Looks like when Limpid quotes posts with bad words, the bad words don't get blanked out. Just saying, like.

**** **** **** quote that mother ******

I didn't actually swear in that post I just put a load of **********

I don't anticipate anyone particularly caring about this but sod it, I'm pissed right off and I need to vent.

I'm in my final year at medical school and am *this* close to becoming a doctor, which is a dream I've had for as long as I can remember. I've just sat my finals and passed all of them...except one.

For the first time in my medical education I've failed an exam, and it happens to be right at the end. Technically it's not a big deal, I'll just do the resit and hopefully start work as planned in August.

But...it's ruined.

That one, glorious moment I've worked so hard for has gone and I can never have it back. I can't join in with the current celebrations, and I won't be able to celebrate properly when/if I pass because it will be tarnished with the stench of my initial failure.

It's like finishing a marathon 3 hours after everyone has gone home - yes, you did it, but you're dead last and you've missed the party.

Not to mention the £500 I've pissed away on a medical elective placement that I now can't go on. My friends are having the time of their lives in all sorts of far flung places and I'm holed up in my tiny flat revising for resits.

AND I have to watch my girlfriend leave for Toronto, a place I love, to go on a holiday she booked to pass the time while I was away on my now nonexistent elective.

AND due to my universitys retarded exam coupling system, I also have to resit an exam I passed because it's linked to the obe I failed.

I'm furious, pissed off, and utterly gutted.

And the worst part? There's no one to blame but me.

That's rough mate, I can see why you'd be pissed off and it's frustrating when you know it's your fault.

All I would say is that even though you may think you're missing out on this single moment you've been working towards, the fact is we both know that isn't why you studied all these years. You did it to become a doctor, which you will still become. You will look back on this moment in years to come and realise how silly it was that you felt this way because you got to where you wanted to be in the end.

It sounds like you have quite a lot going for you too. A good career in a job that helps people and, from what I understand, pays pretty damn well too. Plus the fact you get to call yourself doctor and you're one of the few people who when someone asks, "Is there a doctor here?" you can totally be the guy who saves the day. You also have a girlfriend from the sounds of things, so that's generally a positive for most people ;)

Not that I believe in serendipity or fate or whatever, but the best thing you can do is to learn from this. Think of it as life giving you a bit of a kick to tell you that things don't always go according to plan, and maybe it'll even make you appreciate the good things you have going for you that we all lose sight of from time to time.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I work in a bar that is not particularly soccer-friendly. Which means on nights that I work during the World Cup, people are going to prefer to watch hockey and basketball playoffs.  :bang:

I feel for you mate. 

Surely even though footy isnt their prime game they will want to watch the current sporting world cup, what ever it is?

It makes business sense! (Hint....This is what you tell the gaffer)

• Like 1

Looks like when Limpid quotes posts with bad words, the bad words don't get blanked out.  Just saying, like. 

trouble is now, he's banned until he apologises to himself

People don't get points when they quote others swearing. Thankfully, otherwise I'd be in real trouble with myself right now.

Please can you all use the report function when you notice something wrong in future? Thanks.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â