Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

This hasn't pissed me off, so much as made me laugh at how badly it was thought out. During a BBC News feature on the subject of B teams for Premier League teams, it was pointed out that it would be good for the national team, and used Spain as an example, as their system had produced Lionel Messi. Can anyone spot the floor in that argument? Basically they're saying it would be good for the English national team, because it will produce world class talent for other countries... Makes sense. 

had a bet beginning of the season with a palace supporting mate of mine that we would finish above them

He was unemployed at the time so I didn't want to do it but eventually I agreed to £10 with him as a  token bet ... I  figured he could afford to lose it :)  .... :bang:

Yesterday I got a message from him saying Hello and reminding me how shit villa are and reminding me that I owe him £50 from our bet

I'm kinda screwed other than to pay him £50  .. firstly it will look like I'm trying to welch out on a bet , secondly he's unemployed again and it will look like I'm trying to do him over and thirdly he's almost certainly going to tell everyone I did him over if I don't pay

It's quite possible it's a genuine mistake and he thinks we did bet £50  , August was a long time ago after all , but I'm always going to have that nagging doubt that he's shafting me because " I can afford it "  ... which makes it impossible for me to treat him as a mate any more

I guess the lesson is to get all future friendly bets in writing with witnesses present :(

had a bet beginning of the season with a palace supporting mate of mine that we would finish above them

He was unemployed at the time so I didn't want to do it but eventually I agreed to £10 with him as a  token bet ... I  figured he could afford to lose it :)  .... :bang:

Yesterday I got a message from him saying Hello and reminding me how shit villa are and reminding me that I owe him £50 from our bet

I'm kinda screwed other than to pay him £50  .. firstly it will look like I'm trying to welch out on a bet , secondly he's unemployed again and it will look like I'm trying to do him over and thirdly he's almost certainly going to tell everyone I did him over if I don't pay

It's quite possible it's a genuine mistake and he thinks we did bet £50  , August was a long time ago after all , but I'm always going to have that nagging doubt that he's shafting me because " I can afford it "  ... which makes it impossible for me to treat him as a mate any more

I guess the lesson is to get all future friendly bets in writing with witnesses present :(

Had a bet with my WBA supporting mate that Benteke would score ten or more in the league this year, after he had 3 in 3 he rang me and wanted to know what the story was, was it ten goals or more than ten, it was ten but seeing as I had 35 games to go and only needed 8 goals, I said I'd be generous and we'd call it more than ten. Came back to bite me in the arse as not only am I not up €20, but down €20, so a €40 shift :(

I don't watch TV. Radio is much better.

not for watching it isn't

if the fare on offer is eastenders, X Factor and The Voice, I beg to differ

give him his fifty

but spit on it

in front of him

• Like 1

I just accidentally caught some photos that I'm in taken at the weekend.

It's like hearing a recording of myself, but worse. How is it that I trick myself in to thinking that I look fine in the mirror, then when I see a photo I think "who's that ugly bastard?" before realisation sets in? :blush:

• Like 2

If he's unemployed just buy him £50 worth of pot noodles and cigarettes.

I just accidentally caught some photos that I'm in taken at the weekend.

It's like hearing a recording of myself, but worse. How is it that I trick myself in to thinking that I look fine in the mirror, then when I see a photo I think "who's that ugly bastard?" before realisation sets in? :blush:

Had the same last weekend. Had a great night, saw pics on Monday and I look like Billy Bunter!  :(

*eats Dairy Milk*

If he's unemployed just buy him £50 worth of pot noodles and cigarettes.

Or a wrap, as it's a Friday.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â