Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

If you're ordering steak and cheese from Subway, you deserve what you get.

Well Philadelphia is a bit far to go for lunch. Needs must and all that!

never take lessons on Cheese from an American .. that plastic stuff they serve as cheese is an abomination .....

Not a fan of squirty cheese then I take it!!

Well whack it between some beef and bacon in a burger and it tastes alright but it wouldn't work on a cream cracker

I do enjoy a bit of Stewart Lee.

He's one of my favourite comedians. As much as I like our Tony, it's usually a good sign when he doesn't like something I do. ;) Each to their own though.
I watched his only falls and horses sketch the other day on youtube

Was a bit look at me I'm clever sort of routine and not really that funny

Then there is his claim of having seen the racist election campaign posters with his grandad ( or some relative ) even though it was 5 years before he was born

I've seen some great Internet one liners accredited to him to be fair

Russell Howard looks like a man that is enjoying what he does and finds the silly things in life funny and is quite infectious as a result

You mean Stewart Lee dared to exaggerate a story for comedic effect?

Blimey. Hang him from the gallows.

Dumb comment and not what anyone was suggesting

He didn't exaggerate a story he told a blatant lie in an attempt to show how superior he is .. Made more hypocritical when in the same "gag" he criticises the media for its lies

I hate it when I order a veggie sandwich from Subway and then I have to politely ask them to change their gloves because they've just been handling loads of meat. I always feel like a knob for asking but when someone orders a veggie sandwich chances are they don't want meat juices all over it. They should change gloves after every sandwich anyway, ignorants pricks :P

And remove their leather shoes and belt whilst they are at it ?

I hate it when I order a veggie sandwich from Subway and then I have to politely ask them to change their gloves because they've just been handling loads of meat. I always feel like a knob for asking but when someone orders a veggie sandwich chances are they don't want meat juices all over it. They should change gloves after every sandwich anyway, ignorants pricks :P

But then Pieface would have to as well ;)

• Like 1

Not at all, I just dont want the meat from the previous sandwich on MY sandwich. People can wear and do as they like for themselves, but when I'm paying for a sandwich, I want the sandwich I'm paying for.  :)

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Not at all, I just dont want the meat from the previous sandwich on MY sandwich. People can wear and do as they like for themselves, but when I'm paying for a sandwich, I want the sandwich I'm paying for.  :)

reasonable request and you are right, they should do it after every sandwich, vegetarians and people with other dietary requirements should not have to deal with cross contamination.

• Like 1

reasonable request and you are right, they should do it after every sandwich, vegetarians and people with other dietary requirements should not have to deal with cross contamination.

funny you say that as haven't Subway removed pork and Bacon from the menu in some stores in the UK so as not to offend the Muslim population for this very reason ?  subway are being very coy about it all for some reason and wont give a direct answer to the question  , so hard to tell if it's a twitter type rumour or has any basis in fact

that's a fair point  ... I go mad when I purchase a sandwich from a shop and they've used it previously to slice a sandwich with tomato or cucumber in it as you then can taste a very faint trace of it in my meat feast no salad sandwich

ruins it for me , cucumber has to be the vilest taste on the planet

• Like 1

that's a fair point  ... I go mad when I purchase a sandwich from a shop and they've used it previously to slice a sandwich with tomato or cucumber in it as you then can taste a very faint trace of it in my meat feast no salad sandwich

ruins it for me , cucumber has to be the vilest taste on the planet

:lol:

Well for me it's rather a principle thing rather than a taste (I wouldn't even know what meat tastes like), but yeah, cucumber is a bit rough ;)

Edited by PieFacE

funny you say that as haven't Subway removed pork and Bacon from the menu in some stores in the UK so as not to offend the Muslim population for this very reason ?  subway are being very coy about it all for some reason and wont give a direct answer to the question  , so hard to tell if it's a twitter type rumour or has any basis in fact

Unsure, would doubt it though as that would remove most of their breakfast menu.

Unsure, would doubt it though as that would remove most of their breakfast menu.

I thought it was the usual internet BS so tried to read up more on it   .... bit like the Clarkson thing really , read up on it a bit more and the policy has been in place since 2007 and is suddenly only now that various people have become outraged 

I don't like bread, the colours green white & yellow, i also dont like cheese or salad. So can subway remove all that from their menu's so I'm not faux offended when I order something.

I don't like bread, the colours green white & yellow, i also dont like cheese or salad. So can subway remove all that from their menu's so I'm not faux offended when I order something.

if you live in a demographic area with enough like minded people I believe they would  :)

Edit: it's a bit like when you go to a Muslim country and drink beer  .. the vast population doesn't drink it , but an area where lots of demand is there for alcohol you can indeed get a beer

Edited by tonyh29

I'd heard they'd gone halal for the benefit of the muslim population.

Which is just good business. Nowt to do with offending people.

I have witnessed chefs during my time using chicken stock when making vegetable soup, then when a waitress would ask is it suitable for vegetarians the chef would say yes

happened when I was a waiter.

Customer asked me if it was suitable for vegetarians and I said yes thinking it was a stupid question.

Later found out it was chicken stock. I felt so guilty!

Vegetarians - it's all in their heads anyway so what they don't know.....

I hate it when you see supporters with gigantic flags waving them in the front row during the game.

I would hate to be the guy sitting behind them,you would spend 90 minutes watching a flag..FFS.

• Like 1

if you're leaving hygienic catering gloves on for extended periods of time and carrying out several different processes whilst wearing them, doesn't that utterly negate the point of wearing them in the first place?

• Like 1

I'd heard they'd gone halal for the benefit of the muslim population.

Which is just good business. Nowt to do with offending people.

s it wasn't really about offending people , more a discussion on food contamination and such that evolved into an article I'd seen about banning pork

Subway went Halal back in 2007 , it seems to have become news in 2014 ..

There does seem to be evidence that suggest some stores have removed Bacon and pork however 

I'd imagine if you live in an entirely Muslim town with no visitors ever allowed to it then withdrawing bacon might be a good idea  , but trust me I've been to enough Muslim counties and had to eat turkey bacon and I'd go postal if I went into a subway and they  tried to pass Turkey bacon off on me  ... proper bacon or GTFO :)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â