Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I came off it months ago. Don't miss it one bit.

But how on earth do you keep in touch with family and friends? How do you find out about gigs and parties etc!?

How is any of that possible without Facebook!!!?!?!!

:detect:

Well I suppose one could make 45 phone calls on that new fangled telephone thingy to all friends / family and they could shove pictures in an envelope and post them to everyone

If only there was a handy source where one could share that information with interested parties :detect:

Don't think anyone suggested life without Facebook was impossible ... It was suggested that it was a handy tool if one choses to use it and filter the information one received on it

• Like 1

I think FB has developed a generational split. My younger daughter has stopped using it because she found it 'stressful and oppressive' - too many 'friends' living their lives in an ever-online spotlight. This is quite annoying, as it was a handy way to communicate with her.

I came off it months ago. Don't miss it one bit.

But how on earth do you keep in touch with family and friends? How do you find out about gigs and parties etc!?

How is any of that possible without Facebook!!!?!?!!

:detect:

Well I suppose one could make 45 phone calls on that new fangled telephone thingy to all friends / family and they could shove pictures in an envelope and post them to everyone

If only there was a handy source where one could share that information with interested parties :detect:

Don't think anyone suggested life without Facebook was impossible ... It was suggested that it was a handy tool if one choses to use it and filter the information one received on it

As a man with 30 cousins (on my Mom's side), all of whom I'm pretty close to, I agree with this. FB is great to keep up with them, see what they're up to, see photos of them, their kids, their holidays.

I just wouldn't be able to do that easily (if at all) without FB

After some deep thought I think I might have nailed this.

Facebook is good if you like it and bad if you don't.

Yeah but the thing is, so often when you hear "I don't like Facebook because..." and the reason they give is something you can easily cure.

It's like saying "I don't like driving because I don't like listening to the radio"

I'm not saying you can't dislike Facebook for legitimate reasons. I'm just saying quite often the reason doesn't make much sense.

Edited by Stevo985

I find more and more the signal to noise ratio on facebook isnt really worth it, I need it as its a tool to make sure I get news from bands etc. I didnt want to offend people that post pictures of their babies or inspirational bollocks or any of that so all bar ten people, I hovered over their name, and removed the tick from following. 

After some deep thought I think I might have nailed this.

Facebook is good if you like it and bad if you don't.

Absolutely. I people find FB useful then there's nothing wrong with that.

Personally I don't enjoy looking at pictures of people on holiday, in a restaurant, with their baby etc. I had to sit through 200 photos of a mate's trip to Japan on the weekend. I'd love to go to Japan, but **** me, the pictures of him and his missus outside temples, weird looking buildings, eating strange dishes etc bored me. I find it too dry. If someone has a funny picture of a stag do or something then I'm all for it.

I prefer Viber for speaking to mates and family who are abroad and Whatsapp for instant messaging and photo sharing. Those two platforms meet the needs that I'd otherwise have for Facebook. That's personally why I don't have it.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

Bought a battery from a company online, turned out to be faulty was away from the house so had to buy a new one. The faulty battery was covered by a warranty and aa man gave me a slip of paper telling me with science shit that it was faulty. Battery company says they dont trust aa, that I need to spend £21 on a courier and they wont refund only replace. cutting my losses but **** off about it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â