Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Playstation network and there odd prices

£47.99 for Mass Effect 2? Jog on

£31.99 for Prototype? Piss off

Also, thought id treat myself to a film off there last night, each one i chose i could not rent, had to pay outright for it, **** word removed's.

People who never, ever finish a drink, but always leave some in the bottom of the cup/glass. Tea, coffee, wine, beer, you name it. This means YOU, Mrs. M.

OOoh, but I never finish a cuppa tea down to the bottom. I always leave about 2cm. Don't know why, but it is right 8)

I think this has been mentioned before, but I noticed it again last night (on ITV's super-shitty football coverage this time though, rather than MOTD).

When they make it obvious that something's going to happen when you're watching football highlights. Sometimes, I go all day avoiding the scores - and I know I'm not the only one who does this - so that I don't know what's going to happen when I watch the highlights. Then, they do something like in the Everton-Chelsea coverage yesterday: show a replay so that you can look again at whether or not the ball crossed the line to go out for a corner, or if the corner shouldn't have been given. If they go to this trouble, it's clear that something's going to happen from the resulting corner, which it did - Everton goal. JUST SHOW THE REPLAY OF THE 'CONTROVERSY' AFTERWARDS!

This was swiftly followed by the old classic - showing a substitute getting ready to come on and then entering the pitch, rather than the sub simply flashing up at the bottom of the screen. We see Kalou coming on, so it was clear he was going to be involved somehow, most probably by scoring a goal - which he did. WHY DO THEY DO IT? I think I might actually complain.

I have just had to pop out to the petrol station and I got a few minutes of 606 en route. The navel gazing from Liverpool fans over the Torres affair is laughable. They are calling him all the names under the sun for being so disloyal. He should see out the contract he signed (like Suarez did at Ajax?) and he should stick out the tough times (though Charlie Adam is allowed to put in a transfer request at Blackpool, after all, he wants to better himself) but the kicker, the absolute most are the comments from Alan **** Green. He says it's not the fact that Torres wants to leave, but its the timing of him saying he wants to leave.

What? During the transfer window?

I have just had to pop out to the petrol station and I got a few minutes of 606 en route. The navel gazing from Liverpool fans over the Torres affair is laughable. They are calling him all the names under the sun for being so disloyal. He should see out the contract he signed (like Suarez did at Ajax?) and he should stick out the tough times (though Charlie Adam is allowed to put in a transfer request at Blackpool, after all, he wants to better himself) but the kicker, the absolute most are the comments from Alan **** Green. He says it's not the fact that Torres wants to leave, but its the timing of him saying he wants to leave.

What? During the transfer window?

Precisely, I've found the behaviour of Liverpool fans over the Torres affair to be very hypocritical, and mind I actually have a soft spot for them most of the time.

People who never, ever finish a drink, but always leave some in the bottom of the cup/glass. Tea, coffee, wine, beer, you name it. This means YOU, Mrs. M.

OOoh, but I never finish a cuppa tea down to the bottom. I always leave about 2cm. Don't know why, but it is right 8)

NO. IT. ISN'T. Finish the ****!!!!! :angry:

I think this has been mentioned before, but I noticed it again last night (on ITV's super-shitty football coverage this time though, rather than MOTD).

When they make it obvious that something's going to happen when you're watching football highlights. Sometimes, I go all day avoiding the scores - and I know I'm not the only one who does this - so that I don't know what's going to happen when I watch the highlights. Then, they do something like in the Everton-Chelsea coverage yesterday: show a replay so that you can look again at whether or not the ball crossed the line to go out for a corner, or if the corner shouldn't have been given. If they go to this trouble, it's clear that something's going to happen from the resulting corner, which it did - Everton goal. JUST SHOW THE REPLAY OF THE 'CONTROVERSY' AFTERWARDS!

This was swiftly followed by the old classic - showing a substitute getting ready to come on and then entering the pitch, rather than the sub simply flashing up at the bottom of the screen. We see Kalou coming on, so it was clear he was going to be involved somehow, most probably by scoring a goal - which he did. WHY DO THEY DO IT? I think I might actually complain.

And the old showing a yellow card. Unless the foul that caused the yellow card leads to a goal or a chance, you know that any yellow card shown will be the first of two, obviously leading to a red.

Good points re: MOTD - I'll agree with Mr. Mooney with regards to finishing drinks - I can't abide leaving drinks unfinished, and when other people do it. :x

And the old showing a yellow card. Unless the foul that caused the yellow card leads to a goal or a chance, you know that any yellow card shown will be the first of two, obviously leading to a red.

Yup, that's another one, but slightly more acceptable as you'd be wondering when the first yellow happened if the player was suddenly sent off for a second bookable offence. Still, they could get away with this in longer highlights through showing a couple more yellow card incidents so that it isn't so obvious, or displaying any bookings throughout the match at the bottom of the screen, in the same way as they often do with substitutions. But no, they'll just spoil it. clearings in the woods.

When goals aren't counted because the cup we played in aren't part of the friggin' Mid com which means the goals don't go on the records which means it looks like I've got less goals than I have. It hurts.

**** you. I've just had an appearance added to my name because of the weekend fixture and not the goals.

I mean, I could at least accept the first annoyance because it was outside the com.....so why are then adding the **** appearance to the stats? not rocket science is it. :(

Yup, that's another one, but slightly more acceptable as you'd be wondering when the first yellow happened if the player was suddenly sent off for a second bookable offence. Still, they could get away with this in longer highlights through showing a couple more yellow card incidents so that it isn't so obvious, or displaying any bookings throughout the match at the bottom of the screen, in the same way as they often do with substitutions. But no, they'll just spoil it. clearings in the woods.

To be honest, all that pales in comparison to ITV's shocking highlights programs.

It was the same when they did "The Premiership", a couple of games (usually the big 4) get huge highlights, and the rest are left to just see their goals. At least MOTD gives you a decent run of highlights, even if you're last on.

To be honest, all that pales in comparison to ITV's shocking highlights programs.

It was the same when they did "The Premiership", a couple of games (usually the big 4) get huge highlights, and the rest are left to just see their goals. At least MOTD gives you a decent run of highlights, even if you're last on.

IIRC before ITV bought the rights, Match of the Day only featured two games, had extended highlights of a third and then Gerald Sinstadt would talk over the rest of the goals-only highlights.

It was the much derided ITV show that split the coverage of games a bit more evenly

One thing that pissed me off with MOTD this season, v Fulham, for our goal Bannan makes an assist Xavi would be proud of, that they would have gushed about for hours had it been Nasri/Gerrard/Giggs/Bale and they don't even replay that bit, just the last bit of the flight before Albrighton brings it down and smashes it in. (© R Keys) and they don't even mention it afterwards! In fact they went to the Wigan game - now I'm not one for complaining, especially on an internet forum, but that pass was amazing and deserved recognition, instead of being forgotten in favour of Wigan Athletic. :angry:

IIRC before ITV bought the rights, Match of the Day only featured two games, had extended highlights of a third and then Gerald Sinstadt would talk over the rest of the goals-only highlights.

It was the much derided ITV show that split the coverage of games a bit more evenly

I don't remember it like that. I remember the ITV program being "here's an hour and 20 minutes of Man United and Chelsea's game, and here's the goals of the rest of the games crammed into the last 10 minutes"

Either way, MOTD is a hundred times better, in that respect, than ITV's highlights program.

Yeah, although the coverage on MOTD is much better than ITV, the punditry is awful and biased.

I have not watched ITV for about 10 years so I was delighed to see it (FA cup highlights) was on last night. Watched it with my old man.

It is without doubt one of the worst TV programs I hve ever seen, not just the worst sports program. How they can put that out as a football sho is beyond me, whats with all the adverts ?

Absolute shite and I am glad I emigrated, in fact if I hadn't had the bottle to emigrate before that effort of a show would have pushed me to it. I genuilny feel sorry for anyone who has to watch that as the only source of FA cup action.

The Villa highlights were a joke and started with a goal. The adverts, with the little bx in the right hand corner made me feel ill dn I went to bed.

I watched more adverts in the duration of that programme than in the whole of the last year and I feel violated.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â