Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Sky news app has headline about a new planet found that is " Earths Twin "

Followed by the main story where they spell out how its nothing like earth , twice the size , unable to sustain life etc etc

So that would be Not earths tiwn then ...

Maybe, just not an identical one. :)

Then again serves you right for getting news from the devil's own arse. ;)

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Followed by the main story where they spell out how its nothing like earth , twice the size , unable to sustain life etc etc

After the boycott Murdoch thread here on VT , I make it a point of being my Only news source :)

After the boycott Murdoch thread here on VT , I make it a point of being my Only news source :)

that would explain quite a lot

Remember I'm from Sheppey and can put a gypsy curse on you

Remember I'm from Sheppey and can put a gypsy curse on you

I'm from Barry Island, I'll chuck a tent over yer gypsy and get a pound a pop for fortunes off gullible brummies down for the day

People using the phrase 'hard working'.

Here's a suggestion: be bloody 'hard working' and come up with a more meaningful and less trite way of saying something rather than the pitifuly obvious and vacuous appeal to people's own self-absorption.

Here's a suggestion: be bloody 'hard working' and come up with a more meaningful and less trite way of saying something rather than the pitifuly obvious and vacuous appeal to people's own self-absorption.

flessig?

Edited by StefanAVFC

^ Context?

we're screwing over x (any group calculated not to be tory voters) so that hard working britons (i.e. tory voters) can carry on largely as though the banks didn't crash the country

or

hard working britons (i.e. potential labour voters) know that the cost of living is going up and up yet tories don't care as they are toffs not north london intellectuals like wot we are, comrades

• Like 1

^ Context?

Yeah but... :)

It's a rarity that the phrase is used in any other context than a repetitive way by politicians, corporates and others seeking to justify their policies because they (supposedly) act for the benfit of this 'hard working' lot.

Insert ex player in a dustbin

Though to let you off slightly it may well have been in the bolitics threads that I ranted about it

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â