Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Tony, it's instant, it's public, it's readily available....what's not to like?

Stef, having stalked a few of the teacher accounts they are either the most boring vanilla sober people on the planet, or they clearly have other accounts!

Stef, having stalked a few of the teacher accounts they are either the most boring vanilla sober people on the planet, or they clearly have other accounts!

Unsurprising. Teachers love to talk about teaching.

That's an awful attitude Tony. Most schools use it now so you'd be running out of options for your kid.

Edited by StefanAVFC

My dentist , my doctor and my kids school all communicate with me via a text , that's instant and readily available as well

Unsurprising. Teachers love to talk about teaching.

That's an awful attitude Tony. Most schools use it now so you'd be running out of options for your kid.

Seeing as teachers seem to spend all their time on twitter , they'd probably be better off home educated anyway :)

Apparently their parents have to put a deposit down or if they don't want to or can't afford it then they can borrow one. The ones who put the deposit down get to take it home and 'do work'. Not sure what work you can actually do with an iPad considering it's basically a hand held internet browser.

All the teachers get them as well and we have Apple. It's useful in the classroom as you can load an app, use Apple TV and put it on the IWB to for modelling purposes etc, but I can't see how productive taking them home would be.

All the teachers get them as well and we have Apple. It's useful in the classroom as you can load an app, use Apple TV and put it on the IWB to for modelling purposes etc, but I can't see how productive taking them home would be.

Sounds like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK0BMaUMmGw

Both my kids are doing music, the tablet can be used as sheet music that scrolls along whilst you're playing, gives tuition when needed, links to youtube for practical tutorials and records your best shot at the piece to take in the next day.

Similarly, as mentioned before, with work often now being in the form of a wiki or a presentation, homework needs to be digital. The school can't afford to 'go digital' and presume all kids have access to equal (if any) kit, therefore there has to be access to a tablet for the homework.

Back to the twitter vs text thing, lots of parents can lead fairly chaotic lives (not in the busy Tony sense, in the no credit this week sense) and end up changing phone numbers quite often. Whilst mummies mobile might go off or missing or get changed three times a year, invariably her twitter and facebook remain unchanged.

Ah fair enough, I was talking purely from the Primary School age POV where there's absolutely no need for them to have them at home for academic reasons and I'm not sure they're mature enough for it to be honest. As much as I think music is important, I don't know if funding could warrant the individual children who play an instrument to get an iPad.

Once you get to HS age, then I would start to agree with you.

What an awful waste of money to have Apple everything. Seriously. Is this some hipster school?

Anyway... My nan has been put in a home and so my relatives have been clearing her and my gramp's (who died over a year ago) house out and it's just interesting to see certain relatives who never bothered to go round and visit or help out when my gramp was still alive and nan was at home now turning up to see what they can take, not for sentimental value but looking for things that are still new or might be worth something. I'll leave the vultures to it.

Also, one cousin has apparently cut her work days down to 4 days per week because 5 days were just too much for her. She's a receptionist for a small company. And my aunt's parter has just bought her and her husband a house! She has such a hard life...

I might hire some Bulgarians to be my new relatives.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â