Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Nice avatar that, Useless. 

It even plays John Cage's 4:33. 

Funny you should mention that I was reading about this compilation of silent tracks last night, can't imagine many being interested.

Oh, I don't know. I can think of a few pubs where I'd be glad of it on the jukebox. 

• Like 1

Each to their own but I would hate to be away from home at Christmas time. The idea of being in another country this time of year does absolutely nothing for me.

I would love to be in a place that's absolutely covered in snow (and continues to snow on Christmas day).  Like you, I would hate to be away from home (especially in a hot country) but a lodge with a roaring fire and everything stocked up in say, Norway, would be utterly fantastic. 

• Like 2

Each to their own but I would hate to be away from home at Christmas time. The idea of being in another country this time of year does absolutely nothing for me.

Absolutely this.

Spent anywhere other than my parents' house seems weird to me.

I have a few mates who go travelling or skiing at this timeof year and I've never understood it. It's the most family orientated time of the year!

• Like 1

Absolutely this.

I have a few mates who go travelling or skiing at this timeof year and I've never understood it. It's the most family orientated time of the year!

Depends on your family I guess :)

Actually with my Brother being in the Maldives and us in Mauritius that's pretty damn close compared to usual :)

We do Easter in Hungary with Mrs H's family and all my family come so its a huge family affair but Christmas has always been a get away affair ... Though we did have a family Christmas in Djibouti a few years back , like you do :)

Absolutely this.

Depends on your family I guess :)

Actually with my Brother being in the Maldives and us in Mauritius that's pretty damn close compared to usual :)

We do Easter in Hungary with Mrs H's family and all my family come so its a huge family affair but Christmas has always been a get away affair ... Though we did have a family Christmas in Djibouti a few years back , like you do :)

Sheikh Djibouti

Reminds me of one of those pot in pot fridges that don't need electricity. I remember reading that shops had found a way around the ban on certain light bulbs, by selling them as a cheap alternative way to heat up a room.

Absolutely this. Spent anywhere other than my parents' house seems weird to me. I have a few mates who go travelling or skiing at this timeof year and I've never understood it. It's the most family orientated time of the year!
Even with a missus of 6 years I don't want to be anywhere but my parents house. To what age exactly is that going to be acceptable? Edited by Wainy316

I spent Xmas away from the UK in 2011 when I went to Thailand instead. I thought I'd miss being at home and that it'd feel weird, but it was immense. Admittedly we did make sure we were on islands with large amounts of Brits & Europeans during the 24/25th, so that we'd feel 'closer' to home, but that added to the experience: you had the whole holiday feel, but with an extra boost to the atmosphere provided because of it being Christmas.

The only reason why I wouldn't do it again is because we got back and still had to face depressing old January. I prefer to have Christmas here, enjoy it for what it is, but go away during January to escape the post-December slump.

I've been getting these weird feelings in my head for a couple of weeks now, it's probably stress related but I'm too nervous to go to the doctor incase it's something bad. A guy who sits just across from me at work was getting headaches which turned out to be a brain tumour. Just the thought that something that appears as normal as that can turn out to be something so major and unexpected.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â