Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just can't fathom how the media thinks it's OK for them to have left the kids alone for that amount of time.

Anything could have happened, and indeed, did.

What if there was a fire?

What if anything else happened?

What if someone got into the unguarded property and took one of them? Oh, they did.

You can say it's not their fault, it's the people who took her, if that's what happened, but stuff like this is why you don't leave young kids on their own.

Seems that everyone thinks that because they've had to live with themselves since, they've been punished enough. Well tough shit, shouldn't have left the kids to go and have a nice meal.

• Like 1

I confess that, whilst watching the news at lunch and the McCann story came on, I damn near choked laughing when the voice over said 'the McCanns accept they were negligent in leaving their children alone in an unlocked apartment, where Madeline was subsequently abducted, and say they pay the price for the guilt everyday', before they cut to Kate saying 'We've done nothing wrong'. Priceless but of editing.

An open letter was sent to the Been questioning how Crimewatch could air a reconstruction as there are 2 clear scenarios that may have played out, and the evidence for one includes numerous inconsistencies, changing of stories and so on that would need to be addressed, lest the BBC possibly garner the wrath of the regulator.

I confess that, whilst watching the news at lunch and the McCann story came on, I damn near choked laughing when the voice over said 'the McCanns accept they were negligent in leaving their children alone in an unlocked apartment, where Madeline was subsequently abducted, and say they pay the price for the guilt everyday', before they cut to Kate saying 'We've done nothing wrong'. Priceless but of editing.

I think you're being too harsh - I don't think they deserved to have their daughter abducted at all. Yes, they were negligent, but not on purpose, they were not abusive parents - they did not morally deserve to suffer.

Jeez...

• Like 1

I think you're being too harsh - I don't think they deserved to have their daughter abducted at all. Yes, they were negligent, but not on purpose, they were not abusive parents - they did not morally deserve to suffer.

Jeez...

Take it you're not a parent?

They didn't deserve to have their daughter abducted, no-one does, but everyone else takes measures to stop that happening by not leaving them alone to go out for Tapas.

They were negligent, yes it was on purpose. Whether anything happened or not, they were still negligent and it was their choice.

By leaving very young children alone I'd say they were abusive parents. They left their kids to fend for themselves.

I will now leave my 9 year old son alone in the house for about 10-15 minutes at a time if I'm dropping the other one off somewhere etc. He has a key to the front door in case he needs to get out, knows not to answer the door, and is generally pretty responsible. I consider that level of trust reasonable for his age. I wouldn't leave my 7 year old daughter in the house by herself, even if I was up the road, checking her every 30 minutes or whatever it was.

They left 3 kids under 3 years old unsupervised in a room in a foreign country. That's not reasonable in the same way that giving her a box of matches to play with isn't reasonable. If you're lucky nothing will happen, but it's a big 2 fingers up at people who take a bit of care and consideration over keeping their kids safe.

They've done nothing morally wrong - my point is that I think that was what they meant.

I would say they did.

Definition of moral in English

moral
Pronunciation: /ˈmɒr(ə)l/

Translate moral | into French | into German | into Italian | into Spanish adjective
  • 1concerned with the principles of right and wrong behaviour:the moral dimensions of medical intervention a moral judgement
  • concerned with or derived from the code of behaviour that is considered right or acceptable in a particular society:they have a moral obligation to pay the money back
  • [attributive] examining the nature of ethics and the foundations of good and bad character and conduct:moral philosophers
  • 2holding or manifesting high principles for proper conduct:he prides himself on being a highly moral and ethical person he is a caring, moral man

Jeez...

Chinders is not saying they did deserve to have their daughter abducted. He's saying, I believe, that they were certainly very negligent parents, to do what they did.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â