Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I'm sure tramps don't really want to be drinking a latte whilst they stand watching an armchair burn or drink a cappuccino when standing on a street corner in a wooley hat shouting at traffic.

A suspended metholated spirits scheme more suitable here.

Back at work tomorra for the first time in 17 days, going back and diving head first into the overtime so I have got 4 twelve hour shifts to look forward to and then I will be in on Saturday as well, absolutely horrible and depressing thought but it's all for the money I suppose ain't it

well here I am, I arrived before 7am took a nice big dump sat down at my desk and it feels like I have never been away...24 minutes in and I am depressed as hell

• Like 2

"Suspended coffee". What a stupid name. Aren't there already other, better names for that kind of gesture? Like paying it forward. Anyway yeah I always thought it a little odd probably because it's largely not a thing over here so you'd be laughed out of the shop if you asked if there was a free one going.

I wouldn't put it past any of those kinds of shops to let you pay twice and then not give anyone else a free one.

• Like 1

"Suspended coffee". What a stupid name. Aren't there already other, better names for that kind of gesture? Like paying it forward. Anyway yeah I always thought it a little odd probably because it's largely not a thing over here so you'd be laughed out of the shop if you asked if there was a free one going.

I wouldn't put it past any of those kinds of shops to let you pay twice and then not give anyone else a free one.

Well indeed.

If more people buy suspended coffee than claim one, who pockets the difference?  That's why they offer it, as it'll make 'em more money. I doubt it's being policed anyway, so people are probably just throwing their money at coffeee companies.

You'd be much better off simply giving folk on the street some actual cash, or some food etc.

• Like 1

Back at work tomorra for the first time in 17 days, going back and diving head first into the overtime so I have got 4 twelve hour shifts to look forward to and then I will be in on Saturday as well, absolutely horrible and depressing thought but it's all for the money I suppose ain't it

well here I am, I arrived before 7am took a nice big dump sat down at my desk and it feels like I have never been away...24 minutes in and I am depressed as hell

May I enquire; what do you do?

Anyone who has sky on demand, watch "footballs funniest moments", one those clip shows with comedic inserts from the likes of rob Beckett (me neither), justin moorhouse (me neither) and ray parlour with his incredible annoying voice laughing at footballs funniest moments. Except there not, because every clip uses is from the premier league. because sky invented football

People who push in at queues.

a recent trip to the continent was quite a learning curve for me

people from Spain, Italy, Portugal and to a lesser extent France would quite happily try to move me and my kids out of their way so they could either get to the front of a queue or get on a bus first or get a better view of something

a few johnny foreignors had quite a strong talking to as I did my best to live up to our queuing steretype - if they did it to me, I just stood my ground, to a point they obviously found it odd I wouldn't move when it was convenient for them that I do so. But the best fun was watching out of the corner of my eye as they attempted to move my nipper so their nipper had a better view - that became a tourist attraction all of it's own!

oh, and just to add to the fun, I'd position myself bang centre of the bus doors so as when the doors opened we'd have a little stand off whereby they couldn't get on until they had worked out they had to let me off first, just like we do in civilised countries and Wales

happy days

• Like 1

a recent trip to the continent was quite a learning curve for me

people from Spain, Italy, Portugal and to a lesser extent France would quite happily try to move me and my kids out of their way so they could either get to the front of a queue or get on a bus first or get a better view of something

a few johnny foreignors had quite a strong talking to as I did my best to live up to our queuing steretype - if they did it to me, I just stood my ground, to a point they obviously found it odd I wouldn't move when it was convenient for them that I do so. But the best fun was watching out of the corner of my eye as they attempted to move my nipper so their nipper had a better view - that became a tourist attraction all of it's own!

oh, and just to add to the fun, I'd position myself bang centre of the bus doors so as when the doors opened we'd have a little stand off whereby they couldn't get on until they had worked out they had to let me off first, just like we do in civilised countries and Wales

happy days

When I was in Greece a few years ago we caught a ferry to another island, French woman making a real scene making out she could hardly walk and needed to be seated by the exit which was at the back of the boat, not where we got on at the side, so ferry arrives at destination and she's first off, return journey she makes the mistake of sitting by the back exit door again, except the side door was now being used as the exit. She was like a **** greyhound clambering to get to the door.

Brought the competitive edge out in me, I was climbing over seats to make sure I was off before her

Edited by Jimzk5

A few weeks ago when I was getting my shopping there was a bloke standing behind me with just two items so I told him to carry on and go ahead instead of waiting for me to get £30 or £40 worth of shit, others must have noticed me do this as I saw 2 people in other queues look around and do exactly the same thing straight after.

I was quite pleased with that, it doesn't take much to do something like that.

It's like when you are going up the bar and you tell the barstaff that there was someone before you, the person gives you a nod of the head to say 'cheers' then proceeds to order 4 pints of carling, 3 stella, 2 double vodka and cokes, 4 tequila slammers and a double JD and coke...then he pays on his card, all the time you are waiting to get 2 pints of lager, THAT is what **** me off

• Like 1

A few weeks ago when I was getting my shopping there was a bloke standing behind me with just two items so I told him to carry on and go ahead instead of waiting for me to get £30 or £40 worth of shit, others must have noticed me do this as I saw 2 people in other queues look around and do exactly the same thing straight after.

It's like when you are going up the bar and you tell the barstaff that there was someone before you, the person gives you a nod of the head to say 'cheers' then proceeds to order 4 pints of carling, 3 stella, 2 double vodka and cokes, 4 tequila slammers and a double JD and coke...then he pays on his card, all the time you are waiting to get 2 pints of lager, THAT is what **** me off

People with fewer than items in a normal checkout queue generally piss me of tbh. I point out to them where the express / hand basket only tills are.

Its usually old people however and they simply dont get it

People with fewer than items in a normal checkout queue generally piss me of tbh. I point out to them where the express / hand basket only tills are.

Its usually old people however and they simply dont get it

Nope not in this place is no express tills or anything like that

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â