Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Transport costs are bizarre. 

A few years ago (at the height of the cheap flights era), a return flight from Leeds to Biarritz cost me £1.70. 

At the time, the 20 minute bus journey from my house to Leeds cost about £3.00. 

A return train to London, £100. 

No logic to it. 

I live very close to a mainline train station yet regularly drive 2 / 3 hours to London for meetings.

Train costs close to £200 even if booked in advance and takes 2.5 hours to Paddington, tube from there (£12 to park train station all day).

Car costs £45 in petrol and £5 to park, roughly 2.5 hours plus tube from Hammersmith. Car goes directly from my house, I've a guaranteed seat and it doesn't smell of burgers n fries.

too much if you don't know the difference between an off peak silver saver, an advance silver off peak saver, or a saver day return

Genuinely, please can you explain this to me.  Sick of getting raped by the rail companies.

no, but still good value. Yeah, it's so cheap.

I did one half of a journey to London on a Virgin for £8 off peak 2 years ago. Other half was £5 on LM.

Edited by StefanAVFC

These Let There be Beer adverts with Tim Lovejoy... he just seems to go somewhere and orders a pretty commonly available beer like a Fosters and talks about it as if it's something no one has heard of before.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â