Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

These two drug smugglers in Peru.

They'll be in prison for a couple of years before they get a trial. Their entire story is comically bad.

They were threatened in Spain and the they'd be watched. When you're on a flight from Spain to Peru what are these lads going to do? Hijack the plane if you tell the Air hostess?

Then the cctv footage of one of the girls wandering around on her own in Peru. As if a) she'd want to be on her own in this situation or B) that the gang would want them to split up.

Finally at the Airport check in when you've a bag full of smuggled drugs and they ask you if you've packed your own bags you can say no. Again what are the gang gonna do? Start shooting up an airport?

Stupid girls tried to make some quick money by trying this. They got caught. You deserve the time you're gonna get.

Now get off the news please. Nobody cares. You're taking up space from real news like new photos of the Royal Baby :rolleyes:

Rant over.

Isn't the line that if they told anyone, the bad guys would kill their family...

Yeah it's absolute bollocks. Two girls who have been caught trying to make a quick buck and who are saying anything to get free. Imagine the sinking feeling when they realised they were caught... Do I want to see them locked up in a Peruvian jail for a long time? I wouldn't get a lot of pleasure from that. I think it could be absolute hell for them there. They are stupid young girls who have been badly advised. These smugglers are always told that the border security are all paid off and it's as good as done. They all think the game is rigged. I think they should be tried in the UK. Throw the book at them there, but landing them in a third world prison where they don't speak the language is just unnecessarily cruel...

Of course if they don't plead guilty, they can **** right off. Enjoy Lima

Wot Conor said. But on a related note it's a bit **** up that Peru has no bail and you must wait in jail for maybe 3 years for a trial. I wouldn't want to be accused in the wrong over there. You're guaranteed a jail term. Tossers.

There is bail in Peru, but not bail in crimes like this where there is a very big flight risk. Evidence against them is pretty huge and hence bail is refused. If you are caught red handed with the drugs you don't get bail. The way it should be. Otherwise people would go over, chance their arm, if they got caught they'd post bail and pull a legger into Bolivia then fly home. 

Isn't the line that if they told anyone, the bad guys would kill their family...

Yeah it's absolute bollocks. Two girls who have been caught trying to make a quick buck and who are saying anything to get free. Imagine the sinking feeling when they realised they were caught... Do I want to see them locked up in a Peruvian jail for a long time? I wouldn't get a lot of pleasure from that. I think it could be absolute hell for them there. They are stupid young girls who have been badly advised. These smugglers are always told that the border security are all paid off and it's as good as done. They all think the game is rigged. I think they should be tried in the UK. Throw the book at them there, but landing them in a third world prison where they don't speak the language is just unnecessarily cruel...

I agree there was likely an element of persuasion and manipulation of the girls by a drug gang. Saying hey they won't stop 2 young tourist girls, you'll defo get away with it and if you get caught you can say you were forced to do it etc.. it's risk free money. Etc..

They need to plead guilty and base the plea on that they serve their time in the UK. I'm sure they'll be advised to do this

I think they should be tried in the UK. Throw the book at them there, but landing them in a third world prison where they don't speak the language is just unnecessarily cruel...

They committed the crime in Peru, they should face charges and the sentence in Peru.

**** them. If they don't want to spend time in a third-world prison, they shouldn't have done it. I'd have sympathy if it was something not that bad and they didn't know it was illegal in the country they were visiting, but they were smuggling a fuckload of cocaine. They deserve whatever sentence they get.

• Like 1

A waitress at the bar I work at punched out early and spent two hours in and out of the bar crying on the phone with her boyfriend, swilling wine and shots along the way, and all the other girls were chasing her around trying to comfort her. GO HOME YOU SLOPPY COW!

loved the initial cover story of there were backpacking .........while dressed in new leather jackets and spank new suitcases

Never heard that story.

Tbh, after seeing the footage of them when they were caught, they hardly looked petrified. At one point one them appeared to be grinning.

A waitress at the bar I work at punched out early and spent two hours in and out of the bar crying on the phone with her boyfriend, swilling wine and shots along the way, and all the other girls were chasing her around trying to comfort her. GO HOME YOU SLOPPY COW!

You should offer comfort, a shoulder to lean on ,,,,,and some hard sex all night to this poor lady 

loved the initial cover story of there were backpacking .........while dressed in new leather jackets and spank new suitcases

Never heard that story.

Tbh, after seeing the footage of them when they were caught, they hardly looked petrified. At one point one them appeared to be grinning.

"The women, who say they had never met previously, were ordered to collect a shipment of cocaine from the tourist town of Cuzco, to pose as backpacking buddies, and to smuggle the drugs back to Spain."   quoted from the Irish indo ...but many papers ran with it

yeah, I'd love for them to come back here and do their trial and time

nothing makes me feel more warm and cuddly than my tax being spent getting tv's and kettles sorted for idiots in prison that did something mind blowingly stupid abroad

• Like 2

haven't had a drink in a few weeks

got hit for a hefty taxi bill by the office - whilst I was savvy enough to give a duff name, the unknown taxi rider that had the office password and account number always got dropped at my house

basics, absolute basics

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â