Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just walked out of my job cause the chef (my supervisor) is a prick

Having worked as a waiter at a number of places whilst at uni, I can confirm that all chef's are pricks.

errrrrr

Apart from you of course because you definitely do not aggressively assert your self perceived superiority over your worthless scum bag waiters.    :P

• Like 1

I would list all of the things that beat a good test match (ignoring the fact that that is as big an oxymoron as they come), but it would take too long.

So instead, here's a list of things that DON'T beat a good test match:

Aids

Castration

A Birmingham City game

I beg to differ.

Castrating a sha fan could be potentially entertaining.

Watching an sha game can be enormously entertaining, as they lose to Accrington Stanley, or some such.

I'll concede on AIDS.

(I was going to say "I'll give you AIDS", but I thought better of it).

Depends which kind of AIDS no?

I would list all of the things that beat a good test match (ignoring the fact that that is as big an oxymoron as they come), but it would take too long.

So instead, here's a list of things that DON'T beat a good test match:

Aids

Castration

A Birmingham City game

I beg to differ.

Castrating a sha fan could be potentially entertaining.

Watching an sha game can be enormously entertaining, as they lose to Accrington Stanley, or some such.

I'll concede on AIDS.

(I was going to say "I'll give you AIDS", but I thought better of it).

Depends which kind of AIDS no?

super aids 

• Like 1

Edit: Both agree and disagree btw. As an animal is not only an animal, but a part of a whole ecosystem (some areas more fragile than others).

Absolutely. That's what concerns me.

We agree with each other 100% :)

• Like 1

Really long story short. When I got the job, a bar manager was running the front who was sound. Knew what he was on about and I had no issue with him. Then he left and they didn't replace him and made the chef the supervisor of the front and the back. Basically he had no idea about running a front (good chef mind) but constantly barked orders at people. Tonight I was on the bar and the floor staff running the restaurant were completely crap so I started doing their jobs for them but got abuse for it cause I was just meant to stay on the bar and clean shelves all night. Considering I've done waitering and service for 5 years, I know how to deliver good service and it hurts to see 18 year olds **** it up constantly.

It all came to a head when I went into the kitchen for fruit for pimms and he made a jibe and I just told him 'stop making me feel this (imagine hand gesture) small' and he just went at me. Acted like he was doing me a favour chopping up fruit for pimms when I could do it behind the bar and then just proper went at me.

I have no issue with somebody being my superior if they know what they're on about, but seriously. What the hell does a chef know about running a successful floor and bar. The thing that annoyed me the most was that there was 2 of us who were full time bar staff (even though I was told I was a waiter when I was hired) and the other girl is exactly the same as me. When it's dead plays on her phone while still doi g some cleaning, yet the sun shines out of her arse.

So glad I'm out of it. My best mates rang me and got me to come out (funnily enough, a night out I missed because I was working) and I realised that I need to make the most of my friends because my career destroys me.

I hope you told him he's a prick before leaving.

I called him a piece of shit. Close enough :P

but as soon as I post it in my mate's fb group my best mate rings me and cheers me up.

Good for you, don'y take any crap. 

Sounds like a bad case of Chef-o-mania, they do tend to think they know it all.

Hope you get a decent gig quick.

The bipolar post above is from my night at my bar working for my chef/owner who is in fact bipolar, and very hard to deal with. I don't know how the line cooks keep working there.

Edited by maqroll

Every now and then, I log on to Facebook to see if there are any messages from people I actually care about.

Why the **** do acquaintances I haven't met in years keep sending me invites to inane shit events I don't give a damn about?!

but as soon as I post it in my mate's fb group my best mate rings me and cheers me up.

Good for you, don'y take any crap. 

Sounds like a bad case of Chef-o-mania, they do tend to think they know it all.

Hope you get a decent gig quick.

I start teaching in September, this was just a quick fix so I really had no qualms in walking out :P

Hard one to call as you would have had to have been there by the sounds of it ...plus every "incident" has two sides and were only hearing one ....whats done is done at the end and unless your willing to go back you cant open complaint proceedings against the chef ..just hope they don't dick you around with your p45 (or english equivalent)  by saying they have posted it but haven't 

I'm pissed off at how much rubbish I appear to have collected in the last 5 years at my current place. 5 bin bags full and only done my bedroom! 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â