Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I don't get it.

Is this a simple "Your mum..." - the recipient realises that his mother is a whore and backs down.

Or is it "You're mum" - the insulter accuses the recipient of being his mum?

Pretty much any insult thrown at you can be answered with "Yeah yer ma".

Trying to book a room for a friends wedding, its in Hartlepool and a five hour drive, not a problem but there are only 5 hotels by the venue, 2 of which are b&bs that lock the doors at 9pm, one is above a nightclub, one doesn't allow check in till 4 pm (the wedding is at 4pm) and the other has half a star out of 5 rating, and the cheapest of all of them is £82 for the night.

I'm fairly sure that the hotel that only allows a 4pm check in would let you check in earlier if you rang them up and asked in advance.

Most hotels would do that.

At minimum it doesn't hurt to call.

That said, wedding guests are probably the most hated class of guests in the hospitality business, and their tendency to insist on early check-in and late check-out, especially on a weekend is a major contributor to that.

I'm the opposite. Our air con is **** at work, meaning the hotter it is outside, the colder it is in here.

My fingers are blue at the moment.

Very very common in Singapore.

I like it when it's cold in work and hot outside.

But my office goes beyond cold. It's uncomfortably freezing.

I should get a thermometer actually and stick it on my desk.

Yeah I've considered that.

Most of the office is hot. It's one of these shitty systems where the air con seems to blow in one place and doesn't circulate. So I'm freezing and the rest of the office is boiling.

Yeah I've considered that.

Most of the office is hot. It's one of these shitty systems where the air con seems to blow in one place and doesn't circulate. So I'm freezing and the rest of the office is boiling.

The the internal temperature is below 16C your manager has to make arrangements to warm the place up within the hour and if not possible can let you go home. 

There is no upper temperature limit in the UK. 

https://www.gov.uk/workplace-temperatures

Workplace temperatures
Not what you're looking for? ↓

During working hours the temperature in all indoor workplaces must be reasonable.

There’s no legal minimum or maximum, but guidance suggests a minimum of 16ºC (or 13ºC if employees are doing physical work).

There’s no maximum temperature limit.

Employers must stick to health and safety at work law, including:

• keeping the temperature at a comfortable level
  • providing clean and fresh air

Employees should talk to their employer if the workplace temperature isn’t comfortable.

Er. Is it just me and my phone, or...is that text lined up vertically?

But yeah, work place temperature. We have electronic thermometers all over the place on our office. The temp is supposed to be 24C at all times. Ofc it isn't, it usually isn't very far off.

Although in winter, when it gets VERY cold, it does often stop working. Something to do with the air con not recognising the temp once it goes below a certain level, so it doesn't heat up the place at all.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â