Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

No offence but what purpose does studying English serve bar perpetuating the study of English? I can't see an application in the real world.

Boooooo. You sound like Thatcher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDEZ2h41t0I

• Like 3

People who live in London and think its the be all and end all.

You probably dont own a car because of the charges, you have to stand under some dirty, miserable buggars armpit every morning on the way to work, its full of tourists and finally, its up its own arse.

Good rant...I've never got my head round the whole "it's great to live on London" thing?!?!

• Like 1

You probably dont own a car because of the charges, you have to stand under some dirty, miserable buggars armpit every morning on the way to work, its full of tourists and finally, its up its own arse.

Good rant...I've never got my head round the whole "it's great to live on London" thing?!?!

Is it because you've never lived here though? ;)

I grew up in Birmingham and lived there for most of my life. I love the place and it always feels great when I go back. However, the best thing I ever did was move away as a 26 year old man. I've been here for six years now and have never looked back.

Yeah, the tube can be packed in the morning, but other than that - it's a fantastic system. I can get from one end of London to the other for less than £3. I don't need a car, so the money I save on petrol, tax, insurance, wear and tear etc can be spent on more enjoyable things.

There are loads of tourists, yes, but that's part and parcel of being a truly world class city.

I put up with the tourists and packed (at peak time) tubes because I also get better nightlife (London has areas not even in central with better nightlife than anywhere in Brum; that's without considering the things that ARE in town). It has more things to see & do, more events (sporting, cultural etc), more parks...I could go on.

I can't think of one thing that is better in Birmingham apart from that it has Aston Villa. It's less busy, sure, but that comes with there being bugger all decent to do.

• Like 2

Is it because you've never lived here though? ;)

I grew up in Birmingham and lived there for most of my life. I love the place and it always feels great when I go back. However, the best thing I ever did was move away as a 26 year old man. I've been here for six years now and have never looked back.

Yeah, the tube can be packed in the morning, but other than that - it's a fantastic system. I can get from one end of London to the other for less than £3. I don't need a car, so the money I save on petrol, tax, insurance, wear and tear etc can be spent on more enjoyable things.

There are loads of tourists, yes, but that's part and parcel of being a truly world class city.

I put up with the tourists and packed (at peak time) tubes because I also get better nightlife (London has areas not even in central with better nightlife than anywhere in Brum; that's without considering the things that ARE in town). It has more things to see & do, more events (sporting, cultural etc), more parks...I could go on.

I can't think of one thing that is better in Birmingham apart from that it has Aston Villa. It's less busy, sure, but that comes with there being bugger all decent to do.

Quite a few things actually, including one of the most important things, and that's your material standard of living. Average rent in London is over £1000 pcm, that will get you something like a studio in the centre, or a very average house on the outskirts. In Birmingham you could have a 4 bedroomer for that price, or something very nice in a very nice area that is largely insulated from scumbags (unlike where many of the nice houses are in London).

I do agree with the rest of your post though. It's a great place for a young, single person who doesn't give much of a shit as to the house/flat they go home to at night.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Probably the first time I've ever complained about the cold on vt but - showering in the cold. Having to shower in a cold unheated bathroom (water is heated though but still)

I agree: if I was working within a low paying job then I probably wouldn't want to live in London. I might not have a decent standard of living. But then, would I have a decent standard of living in Birmingham!?

It's all relative - you need to be able to earn enough to pay £1,000 a month in Birmingham to rent one of the places you've mentioned, but the wages aren't necessarily there. However, if someone earns enough to pay £1000 pcm in Brum AND still have enough to do other stuff (and not just sit at home in your pricey house) then I imagine they'd have a decent job - it should therefore translate to being able to do the same job down here for much more money, whilst maintaining a similar lifestyle, but in a better city.

Too many people in London.

I couldn't live in a place without the sea a few minutes away, with a few mountains & forests near by for good measure.

Not a fan of the density of cities, and the pace of living would drive me mad more than anything.

What's the rush? Relax. You're going to die anyway.

my brother has borrowed my car for weekend, left his van parked up half on the road half on path over the road from me, the neighbour has come over complaining that he wants to trim his hedge and he cant because the van is in the way, i havent got the keys, my brother is in grimsby, the neighbour has hired equipment from his work to do it, effing and jeffing at me, me very polite and apologetic...

i've just seen what he's hired from work, he's got a flatbed lorry, he's stood on the back of it and using that as the raised platform to trim the top of the hedge, any sympathy i had has gone, **** him, why doesnt he just use a step ladder like a normal person? or am i misunderstanding how a normal person would trim a hedge? after the abuse he gave me earlier im half tempted to go over and ask him why he's doing it like a clearing in the woods

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â