Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People who are always in banter-mode. Exhausting people to deal with. It's like a mask they put on. 

My mate is like that.  He came to stay with us recently and after a while you just feel like saying "give it a sodding rest!!!!11111"

People who are always in banter-mode. Exhausting people to deal with. It's like a mask they put on. 

My mate is like that.  He came to stay with us recently and after a while you just feel like saying "give it a sodding rest!!!!11111"

I have an uncle like that. He's a great character, but it's absolutely impossible to have a serious conversation with him. He's 62.

My lads school they had to do a 2 minute presentation to the class on their favourite things ...the children are 8 

My son chose fish , he has a fish tank and enjoys snorkelling and seeing them , so his talk was around that type of thing

Others in his class chose cars , Pokémon etc

One of the boys did " The environment"  and how we should do our bit and recycle

Now that clearly is the work of an interfering parent  ... let the boy be a kid for a while  ffs

Edited by tonyh29

The fact you can't choose to only see the mens and womens single matches in the wimbledon 'matches in progress' screen. Yes you can choose one or the other but not both excluding all else. It's all or one. And to be quite honest if it's not mens or womens singles then I couldn't care less.

• Like 1

Woman in my office answers her phone:

"Hi it's Clare!"

Pisses me off every time.

Strange surname "Pisses me off every time" - are they the "Pisses me off every time" of Chorlton Cum Hardy?

• Like 1

A woman at work who's been telling everyone since Friday about how 'crazy' her Thursday night was.

The stories involve the following: how someone was really drunk in the bar and fell off their chair;

and how they all ate hotdogs (from a hotdog stand) during the night, and whilst they were there, two of the group they were previously drinking with "turned up out of nowhere" (!?).

I've had to listen to these stories several times.

I have considered suicide to make it stop.

Does she also refer to herself as a bit 'whacky' or 'zany' from time to time?

If so, take her around the back of the building and put a couple in the back of her head. It's only fair.

• Like 1

Does she also refer to herself as a bit 'whacky' or 'zany' from time to time?

If so, take her around the back of the building and put a couple in the back of her head. It's only fair.

My favourite ever overhead public transport conversation:  

Group of teenage girls discussing what 'tribe' they belong to. One of them (dressed totally conservatively) says: "Oh, I'm a weirdo, me. I'm, like TOTALLY weird". 

The others all look at her in disbelief. She reddens, and blusters: "...but ...but... well... MY WEIRD CLOTHES ARE IN THE WASH!!!" 

:P

Cliffhangers

I used to think that, until the day I had that could have been made into a novel in itself.  I was stood at a bus stop in the rain, minding my own business, when I heard the screeches of a truck's tires.  I swiftly looked up, to see a middle aged woman pushing a pram across the road yards in front of it.  There was no way the truck was going to be able to avoid her, until I saw the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life...

• Like 1

My lads school they had to do a 2 minute presentation to the class on their favourite things ...the children are 8 

My son chose fish , he has a fish tank and enjoys snorkelling and seeing them , so his talk was around that type of thing

Others in his class chose cars , Pokémon etc

One of the boys did " The environment"  and how we should do our bit and recycle

Now that clearly is the work of an interfering parent  ... let the boy be a kid for a while  ffs

My father used to do my English homework. He was an English teacher and with the thinking being that he was giving me a grind would just write out English answers on Hamlet and poetry etc and I'd then copy them over into my handwriting. It was quite bizarre thinking back on it, but I didn't exactly mind at the time. One time we had to write a debate about something. I had to read it out in front of the entire class. The teacher loved it. Asked if I'd written it myself. Later in the week asked us to write out debates in class. I was under pressure to write something of a similar standard. Predictably having not written an English word of my own for years I came up very short. That wasn't the end of my father doing my homework though, It went on all the way til I finished school. Very strange

I don't know but if by Saturday lunch time i have done nothing but eat, sleep, drink and poop. I start to feel really shitty and have to do anything, even if it is just polish.

Same, I have to do something, even if its a minor thing like going out, doing a food shop, paying in some money at the bank and grabbing a costa or something. Anything that gets me engaging with other humans! Instead i just sat there staring at my laptop.. I was even struggling for things to youtube! 

I've deliberately made some appointments this saturday so I will have to get up and go out! 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â