Where will we finish ?

If you don't win your home games you have no chance of finishing mid table.

2011 the club finished 9th, but only won 8 of the 19 home games.

It's as much about not losing home games as it is about winning them. In 2009 and 2010 we only lost 3 league home games each season, and in 2011 it was 4. It was that sort of consistency that helped us stay in the top half.

This season we have already lost 2. Can you really see us only losing 1 or 2 more home games all season?

Edited by briny_ear

09/10 we finished 6th and won 8 home games

Exactly, you are enhancing my point even more. 1974centenary said if you don't win your home games, you won't even get to midtable which my and your stat proves is not the case. If you are picking up the points away instead then it's just as good.

• Like 1

Exactly, you are enhancing my point even more. 1974centenary said if you don't win your home games, you won't even get to midtable which my and your stat proves is not the case. If you are picking up the points away instead then it's just as good.

Yes, but see my post above!

We haven't been decent at home since the first half of 08/09 season.  Mental!

thats as we never had that player that can unlock teams that half park at home. we have always had pace for counter but at home we never had an answer. Thought Ireland could have been that player :(

With Okore injured I now revise our finishing position to 15th. We'll be in a relegation battle again this season but never be in the bottom 3 for more than a week or two at most.

IF Benteke misses 8 or more games injured we'll be relegated.

Can't help but feel the need to revise down my expectations of where we can finish this season now that Okore is out for the year. I also expected that we might sign an AM and I think Saturday proved to all the doubters that we need one. Nothing too dramatic though, I had said 9th before, I'll go for 12th now.

With Okore injured I now revise our finishing position to 15th. We'll be in a relegation battle again this season but never be in the bottom 3 for more than a week or two at most.

IF Benteke misses 8 or more games injured we'll be relegated.

I don't know how you can make such a big prediction on the basis of one injury.

Honestly, I think people are overreacting somewhat here. As bad as the Okore injury is it hasn't suddenly doomed our entire season.

Edited by Mantis

Yes, but see my post above!

Well ive been proven wrong,the stats don't lie, i pray our away form is enough to carry us onwards and upwards again this year. And hope we win at least 8 home games.

When we were relegated in 1987 we actually won 7 of our home games, as compared to our 6 in 09/10,so yes it seems away points are more important, but as we only won 8 games away in 87 it was not good enough.

Edited by 1974Centenary

Well obviously the season is all over after 4 games and one bad injury. Obviously. Cheez, some people get a grip. This isn't a great Villa side, nor it is a awful one. Arsenal showed the postives of this side (Okore did not play that one) and Newcastle, the negatives. It will be another season of what might have beens, chucked in with some good ones. We will be okay this year.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â