Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, Genie said:

You’re probably right, but, it could also mean it’s going to be sold again and they needed her out of the way to help the sale. Probably not, but it is possible.

Extremely unlikely.

They don't need her anymore, she served her purpose and earned her 3 pieces of silver for it.

• Like 1

For all the fanfare of the takeover there appears to be no clear driver or mastermind at the club - whoever has held key positions there have moved on, and there's a real chance Howe also leaves for England too. They may get to August needing a new boss, and new transfer targets, with no decent pre-season. Obvs the Saudis can afford that, but the fans must be wondering what the plan is.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

For all the fanfare of the takeover there appears to be no clear driver or mastermind at the club - whoever has held key positions there have moved on, and there's a real chance Howe also leaves for England too. They may get to August needing a new boss, and new transfer targets, with no decent pre-season. Obvs the Saudis can afford that, but the fans must be wondering what the plan is.

Thats what i was going to say. They have money but what football experience do they have at the club? I honestly think amanda seemed abit clued up on football 

Suprised they haven't kept her on

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats what i was going to say. They have money but what football experience do they have at the club? I honestly think amanda seemed abit clued up on football 

Suprised they haven't kept her on

There’s a lot of football experience at the club and Ashworth’s replacement is now in post, the club is now built on solid foundations unlike the Ashley area.

https://x.com/NUFC/status/1808772958535467102

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/newcastle-united/mitarbeiter/verein/762

Edited by Random Precision

• 2 weeks later...

Eddie Howe's given some interesting interviews that suggest he's not sure about the new structure that's been placed above him at Newcastle. Clearly he wants reassurances that he won't lose the influence he's had over transfers, Player performance etc. I'm curious to see how that situation develops. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Wilson is injured again and will miss the start of the season. We dodged a bullet big time when he chose them over us. 

Agreed. We made a worse mistake with Ings though but thankfully West Ham were dumb enough to take him off our hands.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Horrendous tactic of shoulder charging the opposition keeper whenever he collected a cross and was looking to throw it out quickly.

Dan Burn did it first and rightfully got booked. Five minutes later Joelinton actually put his arm to Neto's throat to stop him moving forward and should've been sent off.

That needs to be put in the bin very quickly as it's taking tactical fouls to the extreme and beyond what should be acceptable on the pitch.

• Like 3

Really not that good of a team. Newcastle struggled with the pace and press of Bournemouth. They have some very good players but that they rely upon thuggery to proceed is embarrassing. I hope Joelinton gets a taste of his own medicine soon. Coward and thug. Same with Bruno G. Just get away with so many fouls. Bournemouth were robbed of the points yesterday. 

• Like 1

I agree they not a great team. But when your owned by the Saudis, your always going to get a rub of the green. So I can't see them doing too badly.

I really believe the bias too! It happens in every business,. When money is nothing, people get paid.

Still got no depth

Krafth and burn at CB, Murphy on the right, longstaff in the middle, they're not top players, John ruddy on the bench with willock, the guy who didn't score for Sheffield utd, target

They add good big pieces to a squad full of holes, will take a long time to plug it all

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Still got no depth

Krafth and burn at CB, Murphy on the right, longstaff in the middle, they're not top players, John ruddy on the bench with willock, the guy who didn't score for Sheffield utd, target

They add good big pieces to a squad full of holes, will take a long time to plug it all

I had to laugh seeing John Ruddy on the bench. I guess we can't talk too much given some of our dealings this summer to stay within FFP requirements but looks like they've already decided the Greek keeper they signed from Forest for 20m is no good.

Talk they want to sign James Trafford now!

Is Dubravka still there as the sensible thing is just to have him warming the bench behind Pope.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Still got no depth

I thought Krafth and Burn only played cause their 2 main center backs were injured/suspended. If our main 2 center backs were currently injured we would have to play Digne at CB, not really better than playing Burn tbh.

33 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I thought Krafth and Burn only played cause their 2 main center backs were injured/suspended. If our main 2 center backs were currently injured we would have to play Digne at CB, not really better than playing Burn tbh.

That would because 3 of our 4 were out...

Our 3rd and 4th choice would be Mings and Carlos, that's a step above krafth and burn 

But they're chasing Guehi for £65m, they'd be better off picking up 2 x £30m players and beefing the squad up 

Their transfer policy / squad building  seems to be 1 or 2 big key pieces every summer rather than a few smaller but still key pieces, they dont seem interested in a Barkley signing or a Rogers signing 

Edited by villa4europe

36 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Krafth is the weaker of the two and isnt even good enough in his actual position. Cash or Digne are better than him

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I had to laugh seeing John Ruddy on the bench. I guess we can't talk too much given some of our dealings this summer to stay within FFP requirements but looks like they've already decided the Greek keeper they signed from Forest for 20m is no good.

Is Dubravka still there as the sensible thing is just to have him warming the bench behind Pope.

He's dreadful of course the one solid game he had was against us at the City Ground. 

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Vlachodimos was blatantly just signed for PSR reasons. They are chasing Trafford because they are trying to play out from the back more this season and Pope is awful with his feet. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â