Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

The Sauds are the most powerful family in the Khaleeji Middle East cabal. The rest are their puppets. The fact they’re protected by The USA and Britain doesn’t help as they have one set of rules for themselves and another for the population. Hypocrites

Sounds like the political class in the UK 😂

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I hope he goes to war, city's owners, Newcastle owners, FFP, bed and pillow partners, gambling sponsors, season ticket price increases, cheese rooms, calls out the **** lot

Gives it what randy Lerner was too scared to do 10 years ago and ruined us

Ah you've got me all riled up now, I'm going to disappointed if he doesn't go full Howard Beale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Ah you've got me all riled up now, I'm going to disappointed if he doesn't go full Howard Beale.

"and now we'd like to introduce aston villa chairman Christian Purslow, how are you doing this afternoon Christian?"

"good evening, do you know what i think is a load of bollocks? man city financing transfers and wages via conning fans in to investing in blockchains just to have embarrassingly shite corner flag votes which only serves to demonstrate what a pathetic lack of history that oil state owned word removed of a club has"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I hope he goes to war, city's owners, Newcastle owners, FFP, bed and pillow partners, gambling sponsors, season ticket price increases, cheese rooms, calls out the **** lot

Purslow thinks the league are investigating who actually owns them.

Purslow said he's sure the prem are investigating the PIF guy actually being a Saudi minister thing - which is more than anyone else has said. But that the prem are never going to stop any nation taking on an english club which the UK gov are on friendly terms with. Both statements taken together don't sound like the prem will be ousting the saudis anytime soon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Purslow said he's sure the prem are investigating the PIF guy actually being a Saudi minister thing - which is more than anyone else has said. But that the prem are never going to stop any nation taking on an english club which the UK gov are on friendly terms with. Both statements taken together don't sound like the prem will be ousting the saudis anytime soon. 

The other worry is people like our owners may decide to walk away. Either in protest or due to the fact they don’t think they can compete any higher than they are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The other worry is people like our owners may decide to walk away. Either in protest or due to the fact they don’t think they can compete any higher than they are. 

i dunno, Lerner did exactly that IMO (after having a 5 year silent protest that nearly killed us) these guys are fairly more astute and i dont think the goalposts have actually moved, added to that that sports clubs are in general rapidly growing making them a cracking investment, even if we were a safe boring mid table team and with all the investment they've put in id be surprised if we weren't worth more than what they've spent

im hoping wes in particular seeing what the NBA ownership is worth knows that worst case he sits on us for 20 years and then sells us at an above inflation rate

putting your billions in to aston villa is better than putting your billions in to the bank....the PIF at heart are still an investment company, they know this too, roman didnt get the chelsea money in the end did he? ut if he had then im sure it was a few billion in profit

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Purslow thinks the league are investigating who actually owns them.

But then he says there is no rule saying they cant own them.

Its all trash. Only way to stop it is FFP. If it get scrapped forget about it newcastle will out spend everyone and then i think fans will just **** football off as it would be dead by that point

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yet Christian in the last 2 summer windows you were happy to sell players to these clubs

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yet Christian in the last 2 summer windows you were happy to sell players to these clubs

Don't think he was happy to sell Jack we put a buy out clause we thought no one would pay.

In hindsight he should have put a higher one in.

We still tried to keep him but as we know money talks.

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Newcastle look like Saudi national team with that kit. Disgusting joke. **** the PL for letting this happen

PL were a bit stuck I think.

Government were sticking their snouts in as Saudi were threatening to pull national funding and we don't have much money coming in from anywhere since they (Gerrard fans) **** us with Brexit. 

The fact they managed to get it recorded down, however fake, Saudi government were not involved I suppose means they could be removed at some point. Doubt it though.

The one good thing to be hinted at in that Purslow interview, which he applied to both Saud FC and Citeh, is that the existing FFP rules will be the tool used to prevent clubs outspending each other. That sounds hollow as it stands given what Citeh have done for a decade - but it makes me wonder if a big reset is coming to the prem, Purslow seemed quite bullish on this point. 

19 hours ago, Jareth said:

Prem ain't doing shit. 

Just now, Pinebro said:

Prem ain't doing shit. 

True, they haven't, yet. But with 2 or 3 nation states throwing their wealth at the game, it will need a rethink. As Purslow said, Chelsea set a precedent that then altered the rules and that took a while. Then Citeh turn up and the rules are tweaked again, albeit painfully too late. There will be a rule change or a rule reinforcement of some kind, possibly weaker than anyone else would like but something will come in. 

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

True, they haven't, yet. But with 2 or 3 nation states throwing their wealth at the game, it will need a rethink. As Purslow said, Chelsea set a precedent that then altered the rules and that took a while. Then Citeh turn up and the rules are tweaked again, albeit painfully too late. There will be a rule change or a rule reinforcement of some kind, possibly weaker than anyone else would like but something will come in. 

The league could still kick the owners out if they lied about connection to the Saudi state. Just because the Saudis aren’t on a sanctions list doesn’t mean the League cannot invalidate it if they find impropriety. Not saying it will happen but it’s not impossible. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â