Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

When Newcastle become a major threat to the likes of liverpool, chelsea utd this is when i expect the European super league to be revived.  

It will take billions to get to that level. If they ever make it, that is. Same is true of us. 

I don't know why people are worried about Newcastle - they can't sign everyone! 

We're owned by a couple of billionaires yet people seem to be jealous of the Toon because they are richer. 

(not aimed at you @Demitri_C, just a general point)

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

It will take billions to get to that level. If they ever make it, that is. Same is true of us. 

I don't know why people are worried about Newcastle - they can't sign everyone! 

We're owned by a couple of billionaires yet people seem to be jealous of the Toon because they are richer. 

(not aimed at you @Demitri_C, just a general point)

The thing is they can literally cherry pick who they want if they want to pay them stupid money.

Even city wont be able to compete with them. It does concern me because we have invested vast somes of money and we are not much bettee off than them this year. So what will it be like when they spend massive amounts in the summer?

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is they can literally cherry pick who they want if they want to pay them stupid money.

Even city wont be able to compete with them. It does concern me because we have invested vast somes of money and we are not much bettee off than them this year. So what will it be like when they spend massive amounts in the summer?

Newcastle will still have the problem of trying to persuade people to join them. Plus FFP. They can't just spunk £1bn on players. The system is rigged now so it's nearly impossible for any new teams to get into the elite. The drawbridge was pulled up years ago. 

As for us? Let's be frank, we are never going to get Champions League. Thats not a criticism of the owners, its just too difficult now. We have spent a lot but we were a lot further behind where Newcastle are now. 

I'll just be happy with good exciting football and a cup! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But they can... 

Newcastle can't sign Harry Kane for example, it won't happen, City are in the luxurious position where they can sign 1 x £100m+ player every season, Newcastle aren't there, they're nowhere near 

Don't get me wrong them staying up will increase their buying power and be more attractive but they're not fishing in the same pond as city and won't be for a number of years if ever 

City, Chelsea, Liverpool even utd despite their best efforts to **** it up are a million miles away from everyone else, sky et al will tell you otherwise cos they have a product to sell

if guimares is a huge success at Newcastle do you think they have the power to stop city buying him? Not the money, the power? If city want newcastles best player then he will want to leave even if they don't want to sell 

The scary thing for me is despite all the investment we are only six points ahead of them...

There are already ten teams ahead of us, arguably eleven, they will possibly make it twelve if we don't improve.

I often think it's futile this football supporting malarkey.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

8 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Maybe they can collate the stats on how many bombs have landed in Yemen over the last few years? Expected death vs actual deaths, paralysations per air strike,  heat maps for buildings flattened, buildings left to attack and so on.

I'm hoping that their football strategy is as equally pathetic as their military might as despite all the US 'advice' and high tech equipment and money in the world they are still pretty much at a stalemate 

17 hours ago, Xela said:

I don't know why people are worried about Newcastle

It is a bit annoying I agree.

They could do a deal with Rola to be their soft drink supplier and it would be lauded as a brilliant bit of business. 

I think the fact of whether or not they can challenge for the title is moot, all I care about is them challenging for where we are aiming for; Europe for starters, then hopefully that last champions league spot.

That is well within their grasp in the not too distant future, then it is gone for good.

Edited by Nigel

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

I think the fact of whether or not they can challenge for the title is moot, all I care about is them challenging for where we are aiming for; Europe for starters, then hopefully that last champions league spot.

That is well within their grasp in the not too distant future, then it is gone for good.

I think the top 4 are almost set now. Even Man Utd, who are shit, are still 4th. If they get their act together then no-one is breaking into the Champions League places. That refers to Arsenal and Spuds as well. 

With so much money in the Premier League and teams like Newcastle and us trying to crack it, I think eventually they'll expand the Champions League and Europa League places. 

if i was city i wouldn't be too concerned

but as an AVFC fan i am concerned. newcastle wont compete with city for harry kane for example. they'll compete with us for bissouma etc, and they'll get him by paying a bigger transfer fee and bigger wages. "whatever villa offer, we'll beat" they will tell brighton

On 17/02/2022 at 00:39, avfc1982am said:

Nothing to worry about. It's officially a shithole.

Forking hell, it's like The Viz comic come to life.

Even had The Fat Slags at 2.20 :crylaugh:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

if i was city i wouldn't be too concerned

but as an AVFC fan i am concerned. newcastle wont compete with city for harry kane for example. they'll compete with us for bissouma etc, and they'll get him by paying a bigger transfer fee and bigger wages. "whatever villa offer, we'll beat" they will tell brighton

They can't buy everyone though. There is more than one midfielder out there. Plenty to go around. 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

They can't buy everyone though. There is more than one midfielder out there. Plenty to go around. 

Yep same as football ever was we just have to scout better and then coach better 

The worry that we will scout better or raise a youngster better and Newcastle can stroll in and take him off us leaving us powerless ala man City or man utd is way off in the future, they're nowhere near that yet 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

Of course but some members of our fan base dont have the patience to develop a player or have one player ik mind and thats it. 

To some Villa fans an average Brighton centre midfielder is the only defensive midfielder in the world and he isnt even a defensive midfielder. Same way Philip Billing would guarantee our safety in summer 2020

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â