Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, useless said:

Apparently the £15m release clause has now expired. Still Fulham may still want that much regardless.

Well quite. For a guy who has scored 100 goals in his last 254 appearances for clubs at Championship level. Yes Championship, the same level Gayle now plays at. Allegedly a £10m player.

If Fulham get less than that they're every right to feel mugged off. 

• Like 1

I know some don't rate him one here but I think that's pretty cheap for Townsend, taking into account, some of the fees being quoted for other players. If he's gone to Palace, then I think them selling Gayle for ten million and buying Townsend for thirteen million is a really good deal for them.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

townsends gone 13m, thats actually really good news for us. He for mr would have been excellent in championship

Yep that's one piece of solace I suppose.  Probably in some way a part of the agreement for the Gayle deal, but at least they don't have both.

19 minutes ago, useless said:

I know some don't rate him one here but I think that's pretty cheap for Townsend, taking into account, some of the fees being quoted for other players. If he's gone to Palace, then I think them selling Gayle for ten million and buying Townsend for thirteen million is a really good deal for them.

Townsend is one of the most overrated players going.  I'm glad he didn't go to the Euros (not that it mattered!) - absolute one trick pony who has next to zero interest in passing a football.  Newcastle have done well there, IMO.

Newcastle fans were gutted at the prospect of him leaving, he's been one of their best players, he was excellent for QPR too. Palace definitely have the better deal.

13 million for Townsend or 11 million for Redmond. Newcastle got pants pulled down here though it was apparently his relegation release clause so sort of knew what getting into

Just now, Zatman said:

13 million for Townsend or 11 million for Redmond. Newcastle got pants pulled down here though it was apparently his relegation release clause so sort of knew what getting into

Basically Matt Ritchie +£1million in exchange for Andros Townsend.  Winner of a deal.

13 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well quite. For a guy who has scored 100 goals in his last 254 appearances for clubs at Championship level. Yes Championship, the same level Gayle now plays at. Allegedly a £10m player.

If Fulham get less than that they're every right to feel mugged off. 

Fulham had one of poorest defences in division last season so 15million plus Lescott and Richards and I would call that a bargain ;)

Regarding the myth of Andros Townsend.  I think it's a little from column A and B.  Yes he is undoubtedly over-rated, and his one trick was figured out quite quickly while at Spurs.  But since going to Newcastle he has somewhat found his feet and had a bit of a renaissance.  At the tail end of their season he was getting goals and assists and putting in performances that looked for a while like he might save them on his own.  That didn't happen, but I think Demitri is right when he says that in the Championship he might have been quite devastating.  Thankfully he had a relegation clause and didn't fancy the Championship, so we were probably never going to have to deal with him in reality.  Still glad he's gone though.

• Like 2

Newcastle fans site TheMag upto its old tricks again, copying and pasting VillaTalk comments is becoming a bit of an obsession! 

http://www.themag.co./2016/07/aston-villa-fans-plenty-say-newcastles-transfer-activity-newcastle-united

Aston Villa fans have been reacting to the flurry of transfer activity at St James Park.

With only five weeks until the season kicks off, Rafa Benitez has unleashed a trio of signings for a combined £27m that has certainly created headlines around the Championship.

Matz Sels arrived from Belgian side Gent but it was the double signing of Ritchie and Gayle  from the Premier League that has made everybody take notice.

Aston Villa fans have seen only Bournemouth defender Tommy Elphick arrive for £3m, despite much excitement created by both a new club owner and manager.

Villa are seen by the bookies as the biggest competition for Newcastle United when it comes to going for the Championship title and promotion.

Some interesting observations from the Villa supporters below about Newcastle’s buys, as well as their own transfer activity/inactivity. I particularly like the conviction that they are bound to be ‘above the Leicesters of this world’ in five years time!

- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/07/aston-villa-fans-plenty-say-newcastles-transfer-activity-newcastle-united/#sthash.vcQZjxus.dpuf

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â