Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

They have been annoyingly sensible with the running of the club so far. They are not going to make a rash decision a put the club in turmoil by sacking the manager after a few very difficult fixtures.

They probably got Champions League earlier than expected so Howe will have plenty of leeway. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Louis Tomlinson, the one direction kid who couldn’t raise enough funds for the purchase? That one?

A homeless person holding a tin cup is more fit and proper than Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund. 

Due to the amount Chelsea have spent, Newcastle’s spending never gets mentioned in the media. They have a net spend of close to £400m since Howe has been in charged. We have a net spend of about £70m since Emery has been Manager. 

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Due to the amount Chelsea have spent, Newcastle’s spending never gets mentioned in the media. They have a net spend of close to £400m since Howe has been in charged. We have a net spend of about £70m since Emery has been Manager. 

How has been there quite a bit longer 

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

I don't really see why it would get mentioned in the media.  It's a pretty "normal" amount to spend these days for a top-half side.  Teams get, what, £140m a season for just existing in the Premier League?

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't really see why it would get mentioned in the media.  It's a pretty "normal" amount to spend these days for a top-half side.  Teams get, what, £140m a season for just existing in the Premier League?

You think £400m in 18 months isn’t a lot. Most clubs wage bills will be more than the £140m they get form the PL. 

1 minute ago, WHY said:

You think £400m in 18 months isn’t a lot. Most clubs wage bills will be more than the £140m they get form the PL. 

It's a lot, but I don't think it's a surprising amount given that they were (as far as I know), in profit prior to the Saudi takeover and are making a lot of money for just existing in the league.  Whereas Chelsea spending £900m in a year (or whatever the amount is) seems to be surprising.

14 minutes ago, WHY said:

I know that mate. Just pointing out he’s spent a lot more on the squad he inherited compared to what Emery has.

He did but Newcastle barely spent any money in the 3 or 4 seasons before that and had a lot of free FFP space

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He did but Newcastle barely spent any money in the 3 or 4 seasons before that and had a lot of free FFP space

I know that mate but my point is it never gets mentioned they spent a lot money to get to where they are now. For all the money they’ve spent they lost one player in Botman yesterday and it had a massive effect on the team. 

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They only lost 5 games all last season and are on 3 losses so far this season

How many of those 5 losses were to the teams they've already lost to though. 

It's hilarious where they find themselves but they've had a tough run.  They'll start winning soon enough (though I really really hope not) 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How many of those 5 losses were to the teams they've already lost to though. 

It's hilarious where they find themselves but they've had a tough run.  They'll start winning soon enough (though I really really hope not) 

Last season they lost twice to Liverpool, once to us, City and Arsenal

They smashed Brighton in the run

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, WHY said:

I know that mate. Just pointing out he’s spent a lot more on the squad he inherited compared to what Emery has.

Surely he was in similar position to what DS was though? They were basically Everton when he took over.

DS net spend here was off the scale until we sold Grealish.

He's done really well there, now this is a test (especially if they flop a bit in CL) but then perhaps finishing 3rd and having a serious go at winning Europa might be their best route back into CL next season.

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

You would have to wonder who they would go for. Is not that many big name managers about, Zidane maybe Poch if he leaves Chelsea soon

Not sure the fans would take to a Mourinho/Conte type

Zidane won’t go near them, he has no interest in managing in England.

Be interesting to see how they cope with CL football, their squad really has no depth. I know we have Euro football too, but our games are piss easy compared to theirs. We can rest a lot of players on Thursdays.

bottom of their group and sitting midtable come December would be interesting 😂

Edited by duke313

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â