Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Hoping Brighton bounce back and get the win next match...the pressure will then be on Howe from his unethical overlords.

It was lovely seeing those fat, ugly Geordie faces in the crowd when Liverplop got the second....crowd, commentators almost expected the Barcodes to win.

• Haha 1

I see Neville's take on yesterday was that they need a better striker....

I actually think striker is their strongest position, comes to something when the £70m guy they've got upfront and the £20m back up are judged to not be cutting the mustard

im also sure someone said two weeks ago that isak would challenge haaland in the scoring charts

Just now, villa4europe said:

I actually think striker is their strongest position, comes to something when the £70m guy they've got upfront and the £20m back up are judged to not be cutting the mustard

im also sure someone said two weeks ago that isak would challenge haaland in the scoring charts

He was talking more about Almiron and how he needs to be replaced. 

13 hours ago, DJBOB said:

They’re such a high energy/high press team that they look confused when Liverpool went down to 10. 

When they had their dip in form last year, it was against a run of teams who just sat back against them. 

The book should be out on them that they don’t know how to break teams down unless it’s a Trippier set piece. In open play, it’s like they’re sad they can’t just foul and run. 

As Man City showed, if you press their full backs and hassle them you can win. It’s why we missed JJ so badly. We comfortably beat them last season for that reason and that similar intensity during pre-season showed that again.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I said it last season and it hasnt changed, they are set up like MON did with us and if teams allow them space they will punish you like they did to us. But in tight games they lack a playmaker to open a defence. Maddison over Barnes was the signing they should have taken from Leicester

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

As Man City showed, if you press their full backs and hassle them you can win. It’s why we missed JJ so badly. We comfortably beat them last season for that reason and that similar intensity during pre-season showed that again.

Yep, Moreno and JJ battered them down the left. They couldn’t cope in that game last season. 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Yep, Moreno and JJ battered them down the left. They couldn’t cope in that game last season. 

Moreno had Trippier sussed, too quick and skilful for him.

Villa badly missed him in the first fixture; makes me wonder why Burn wasn't targeted better as he often looks like Bambi on ice. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Botman limped off near the end, not sure what's been said but when you look at so many players tearing ACLs it had feel of that.

Losing him would be a massive blow as Burn was running in treacle for that second goal so him as CB means right wingers would fancy running at Targett from start of games. Only other CB available is Lascalles who's still there.

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Villa badly missed him in the first fixture; makes me wonder why Burn wasn't targeted better as he often looks like Bambi on ice. 

Burn looked exactly like the limited clogger he is yesterday at times looked like a League 1 player.

I hope our game is announced next week too as being between 'two of the rivals for top 4'

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Burn looked exactly like the limited clogger he is yesterday at times looked like a League 1 player.

I hope our game is announced next week too as being between 'two of the rivals for top 4'

Yeah I know, Villa made him look like a League 2 clogger at Villa Park....he should have been targeted again in the opening fixture.

Just one of those days I guess.

43 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Hahaha, I hope you’re being sarcastic.  

You know the game is going to be announced and commentated on as Liverpool the mighty giants of Europe and the worlds greatest team against another team who’s name they can’t really remember and that no-one really cares about anyway so no point mentioning them anyway.

2 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Burn is a very limited defender who massively benefits when refs let him foul constantly and he can use his height. 

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I said it last season and it hasnt changed, they are set up like MON did with us and if teams allow them space they will punish you like they did to us. But in tight games they lack a playmaker to open a defence. Maddison over Barnes was the signing they should have taken from Leicester

This is what they remind me of as well. Very aggressive with their pressing and can be ruthless on the counter, but it's all quite simple tactically and they look a bit slow and unsure when teams sit in against them. They really didn't force the issue enough when Liverpool went down to 10 men and they stopped targeting Alexander Arnold in favour of more attacks down the right, for some reason. It's a toss up between Newcastle and Chelsea for which 'project' I want to see fail the most. Even if it's inevitable that the Saudi slush fund will bank-roll the Geordies to titles eventually, I'd love to see the wheels come off a bit this season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â