Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Be nice if they spent their money on guys like JWP and Conor Gallagher. Good players but neither are next level players and since they are already PL players and English they will be expensive.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sne said:

Be nice if they spent their money on guys like JWP and Conor Gallagher. Good players but neither are next level players and since they are already PL players and English they will be expensive.

Maddison too

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I keep hearing Maddison mentioned, he's not a CL level player imo.

Also has a terrible attitude.

There's where I am too, if they can pick him up for say £40m the buzz and fanfare around it will be huge* but he's not that step up, depends what Newcastle actually want to do, if they take the Brighton model of buying highly talented gems to develop and probably sell or they buy more experienced ready now players

I think same as Barnes and JWP if/when they go down the rags will try and sell them to top 6 clubs but I'm not sure the big boys will go anywhere near them

* to be fair their midfield isn't that good on paper so he's an upgrade for them

The combination of purple patches of form from squad players and spending big on quality has worked. Howe has spent big already - it will be interesting how much they spend in the summer as the depth of quality is very apparent. I don’t think they can rely on Wilson’s penalties and Almiron continuing his form into next season. Especially defensively with average players finding good form. If they spend £40-50m on Maddison it would be funny - but I think he'd probably suit them more. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

The combination of purple patches of form from squad players and spending big on quality has worked. Howe has spent big already - it will be interesting how much they spend in the summer as the depth of quality is very apparent. I don’t think they can rely on Wilson’s penalties and Almiron continuing his form into next season. Especially defensively with average players finding good form. If they spend £40-50m on Maddison it would be funny - but I think he'd probably suit them more. 

They haven't really spent that big, to be honest (£260m~ over the last 2 seasons?).  Won't be far off what we spent over 19/20 and 20/21.  The main thing is that they're likely to qualify for the CL so attract a very different type of player.

I reckon they're in for another £150m window though.

It's a funny situation some of these Newcastle players will find themselves in.

As they've made the jump into the top 4, some of them are going to find themselves replaced in the summer 🤣

On 16/05/2023 at 18:39, LondonLax said:

Yeah they’ve hardly spent anything compared with the ‘big 6’ teams they are finishing above. They have done very well. 

Its true.

I want to dislike them, but the footabll fan inside me says "fair play"!

On 16/05/2023 at 13:21, bobzy said:

They haven't really spent that big, to be honest (£260m~ over the last 2 seasons?).  Won't be far off what we spent over 19/20 and 20/21.  The main thing is that they're likely to qualify for the CL so attract a very different type of player.

I reckon they're in for another £150m window though.

They’ve spent £260m since Howe arrived in three transfer windows with Bruce spending £125m in his tenure, including £40m on Joelinton. They've definitely overpaid but the levels of some clubs like Leeds facing relegation is more obscene. But the idea of them spending little isn't strictly true though. 

13 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Its true.

I want to dislike them, but the footabll fan inside me says "fair play"!

They haven't exploited their dodgy sponsorship deals yet to sign players they otherwise couldnt afford.  This summer that will change.

In that respect its quite an achievement, even if they have spent a lot, so have the rest of the league.

In every other its a crying shame. Sportswashing their owners image being a huge issue. 

There's also suspicions that they came back from their Saudi trip being world beaters. Some suspicion that they may be adopting Liverpool's inhaler drug tricks. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

They haven't exploited their dodgy sponsorship deals yet to sign players they otherwise couldnt afford.  This summer that will change.

In that respect its quite an achievement, even if they have spent a lot, so have the rest of the league.

In every other its a crying shame. Sportswashing their owners image being a huge issue. 

There's also suspicions that they came back from their Saudi trip being world beaters. Some suspicion that they may be adopting Liverpool's inhaler drug tricks. 

There is no way anti doping officials can operate properly y in a place as corrupt and dangerous as Saudi Arabia. I'd also have an issue with premier League referees getting paid to do nixers there given one team is owned by the Saudi dictatorship.

• Like 1

From the "Welcome forum" where people post an intro to get access to the site.

Poser one:

Hi, Saudicastle bloodmoney's fans here. I just want to wish you luck for this Saturday. Hope you bet them or at least draw them. It would be very much appreciated by many us.

Poster two:

Villa fans still desperate for Newcastle

To fail. Get over it boys and girls, your bitterness - I think fear if truth be known - that you will be left behind whilst Newcastle are making massive strides forwards, is very very transparent. It really isn't a good luck and very small time.

Newcastle have other priorities, and will be serious contenders in the next few years. You guys know this.  Accepting this will help you guys move on and I for one see no shame in mid table mediocrity or being well clear of relegation every year. Good luck in your endeavours, Emery will keep you up and stabilizer you. 

My guess is that the first is an actual fan, who will soon be priced out of the club he's attended for years. The second is a glory hunter who doesn't understand that no-one cares what you win if it's tainted by dodgy owners.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

Poser one:

Poster two:

My guess is that the first is an actual fan, who will soon be priced out of the club he's attended for years. The second is a glory hunter who doesn't understand that no-one cares what you win if it's tainted by dodgy owners.

Has the second one been allowed access the board?

Edited by Follyfoot

24 minutes ago, limpid said:

Poser one:

Poster two:

**Thank you for your interest, your application to join VillaTalk has been denied**

Hopefully.

The thing is, Saudi don’t even need to recruit their own propaganda bots to defend and promote their state, the Newcastle fans will do the hard work for them. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â