Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Let’s be real, the majority of our fans would be no different. They are football fans acting like football fans. 

Think that is the problem with society now, cos it has moved into politics as well. It's unhealthy to have a tribal mindset.

These are the people that banned rainbow coloured pencil cases for promoting 'homosexual colours'. This was like a month ago, not in 1145AD. Also didn't know colours had a sexuality. Best hope there's never a rainbow in the sky then! 

I've been watching a lot of "Premier League Table Prediction" type content recently. Villa have mostly been ignored (which is fair enough) but Newcastle have not. Interestingly, most seem to have Newcastle to finish 7th or 8th. I am slightly confused by this.

I'm really not sure they've improved their squad enough to warrant that.

Where do you think Newcastle will finish this season? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I've been watching a lot of "Premier League Table Prediction" type content recently. Villa have mostly been ignored (which is fair enough) but Newcastle have not. Interestingly, most seem to have Newcastle to finish 7th or 8th. I am slightly confused by this.

Yeah don't think they'll be able to maintain the form they had for the second half of the season. Just like I don't think West Ham will have such horrible form like they did for the second half of the season.

• Like 1

9th or 10th

Which I think is OK for them, they seem slow and sensible, will take a long time to break the top 6 let alone the top 4

Think the media want the narrative that the PL is exciting so they're desperate for newcastle to be that cat among the pigeons 

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

IF they maintained the form they had in the final third of last season, they were something like 5th over that period.

So i guess it's whether that was temporary, or the start of great new era for them. And of course, they have strengthened since that fine run.    

No-one really knows what they are going to be like this season.

• Like 1

Newcastle is a midtable team and have been for a long time, the problem they had was Bruce was manager and he was awful and had them underperforming. Howe came in and started to actually coach them and apply footballing tactics to a game. He also brought in a few new players. The rise of Newcastle under Howe was stunning but any half decent manager would have achieved similar. It is going to be a shock to the Toon fans this year when they don't witness the week on week progression they enjoyed last year.  

24 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I dont think Pope is an upgrade on Dubravka but Botman is a big upgrade on the likes of Clark, Lascelles. Maddison would be a big improvement for them

The squad is still poor in places but they have momentum like we did when the Ellis era ended and that could help them.

I think they will finish above us from what I have seen of both in the last 6 months

• Like 2

tbf to them they have 2 top midfielders in Joelinton and Guimaraes, Howe has got them going and they will be challenging in and around the same sort of area as us and west ham next season imo. Maybe Hammers will be slighlty ahead of us but if we are on their tails then that will be a big improvement from last year. Who the hell would have thought Howe would get a tune out of Joelinton?

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Wherever the FA, Their corrupt officials and the even more dodgy VAR officials decide they want them to finish. With that money knocking around I'd say 7th to 8th is almost nailed on this season for them. It's an opportunity to open the human rights abusers wallets which I have no doubt the FA will not miss. 

Newcastoil United... who would've thought it lol!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â