Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I think soon the Newcastle fans will come crashing back to earth. I really don't think these owners worth more than god, are actually gonna throw silly money at the club. I mean it's not started too well. Lingard was interested, but Newcastle not interested in paying the 5m loan fee.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I think soon the Newcastle fans will come crashing back to earth. I really don't think these owners worth more than god, are actually gonna throw silly money at the club. I mean it's not started too well. Lingard was interested, but Newcastle not interested in paying the 5m loan fee.

The Lingard deal including loan fee and wages would have cost them over £15m. For 16 games. 

I think the most surprising thing there was that they were sensible enough to say no to that. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

On the face of it, he looks like a good signing and exactly the kind of player they need.

Also being linked with Dan Burn for £10m.

They're on fire now. 

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Lingard deal including loan fee and wages would have cost them over £15m. For 16 games. 

I think the most surprising thing there was that they were sensible enough to say no to that. 

They have Maximilian the Saint, Joelington finding some form to finally justify his record fee, and is it Wilson up front. One of my better friends is toon and doesn't miss many games, not since we begun watching fixtures together each week in 2010. Back when they had Lovenkrands and Leon Best, and Andy Carroll's prime.

Anyway, he's adamant they need essentially a back four to come in as starters, and I've got concerns about their midfield from the little I know about it.

Lingard would be throwing money into the one area of the field they have three adequate if not good starters.

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

They have Maximilian the Saint, Joelington finding some form to finally justify his record fee, and is it Wilson up front. One of my better friends is toon and doesn't miss many games, not since we begun watching fixtures together each week in 2010. Back when they had Lovenkrands and Leon Best, and Andy Carroll's prime.

Anyway, he's adamant they need essentially a back four to come in as starters, and I've got concerns about their midfield from the little I know about it.

Lingard would be throwing money into the one area of the field they have three adequate if not good starters.

Wilson is injured for a few month, Joelinton plays centre midfield now and Saint-Maximin isnt all that. They need help everywhere 

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I think they are throwing silly money but nobody is listening which is a different scenario. I think clubs realise they can get extortionste prices that Newcastle wont pay 

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

A lot of that was on the basis of surviving relegation - have to say I was surprised they didn't go for it too, they probably should have.

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah, but being in the Premier league next season is worth a trillion pounds a game (according to the play off final commentary).

Edited by Genie

27 minutes ago, Jareth said:

NUFC funding Burnley's purchase of 6ft 6' Weghorst could be interesting. Going to be a sub plot worth watching.

Weghorst is a very good striker, an upgrade on Wood if they can get him service

He was probably the striker we should have signed before Wesley 

• Like 3

Â